Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest jpenman

couple questions.... is swype still included? and mobile sense just updated on the 6th....is that one included? if not do i just install it over the other one? also if i wanted to do a different addon how can i get rid of the mobile sense one?

Edited by jpenman

Guest amdzero
amd, where did you get the taskbar shown in the images?, also i cannot find Remote Desktop Connection on my omnia, did you install it from a cab?

The taskbar icons are taken from various places and mixed mashed as I liked them.

The Remote Desktop Connection I'm using is called SOTI Pocket Controller. I think that is what you are talking about.

Guest amdzero
couple questions.... is swype still included? and mobile sense just updated on the 6th....is that one included? if not do i just install it over the other one? also if i wanted to do a different addon how can i get rid of the mobile sense one?

Swype is included. I redid the rom to take out most stuff but left all sype stuff in (even the tutorial images and things). Mobile shell is in the ROM and cannot be uninstalled along with Mobile Sense. So if you want to install a new version, not sure how it would come out. There is a Mobile Sense configuration utility to revert MS back to the original. (but again Mobile shell/sense is in ROM and cannot be removed).

Hope this helps.

Guest maldonj1
The taskbar icons are taken from various places and mixed mashed as I liked them.

The Remote Desktop Connection I'm using is called SOTI Pocket Controller. I think that is what you are talking about.

Thank you!, ill check out SOTI, yea i was surprised when i saw your toolbar since i havent found one that works with the omnia 2

Guest engine89

Thanks AMDZero for a very nice Rom.

Been using it for about 5 days. Battery life seems to be better than the stock rom.

Love the pre installed mobile shell.

Garmin XT works fine without the port splitter.

The main button 1 does not work, it just prompts you to the task manager.

Overall, excellent rom.

engine

Guest amdzero
Thanks AMDZero for a very nice Rom.

Been using it for about 5 days. Battery life seems to be better than the stock rom.

Love the pre installed mobile shell.

Garmin XT works fine without the port splitter.

The main button 1 does not work, it just prompts you to the task manager.

Overall, excellent rom.

engine

First off thanks.

Second the main button was mapped to task manager along with main button hold. This can be changed in the settings/button menu.

Third I've ported XIP and SYS to 23529 and am working on a titanium release soon. It's been hard as I'm in the process of moving.

Guest bicycleray

Love the Rom with SPB! Just one small issue. Facebook through spb won't connect. Keep getting "Connection Failed" then a retry button. Can anyone help me? or should I try a hard reset/refresh?

Edited by bicycleray

Love the Rom with SPB! Just one small issue. Facebook through spb won't connect. Keep getting "Connection Failed" then a retry button. Can anyone help me? or should I try a hard reset/refresh?

I don't facebook, so I'm not sure. But isn't there a known issue with spb's facebook app? Google it.

Guest amdzero
I don't facebook, so I'm not sure. But isn't there a known issue with spb's facebook app? Google it.

I don't use winmo facebook. I use Opera 10b3 to goto facebook and everything gets done there. SPB does have a problem with it's own facebook widget. The best thing I could say is swipe left of the home screen and change one of the shortcuts to launch the winmo facebook app or use your browser.

Guest bicycleray
I don't use winmo facebook. I use Opera 10b3 to goto facebook and everything gets done there. SPB does have a problem with it's own facebook widget. The best thing I could say is swipe left of the home screen and change one of the shortcuts to launch the winmo facebook app or use your browser.

Thank you guys, I did find that there is a known issue. And opera 10b3 is what I'm using right now to reply to this melssage and checking facebook is pretty sweet on it. Just wanted spb to work so I can update my contracts photos. guess I'll stock to using booksync

Guest bicycleray

Thank you guys, I did find that there is a known issue. And opera 10b3 is what I'm using right now to reply to this message and checking facebook is pretty sweet on it. Just wanted spb to work so I can update my contacts photos. guess I'll stick to using booksync

Edited by bicycleray

Guest compnird

Hope your move went (or is going) smoothly. I am looking at updating reviews on the Yardi and Ninja4Hire ROM updates this weekend. Looks like some progress has been made with the quirks. Any progress on V3 of your ROM? :D It was my favorite so I'm looking forward to the updated version. No rush, I like that there are only a few updates to make instead of 6+ like last time, I can spend more time on each one.

Guest amdzero
Hope your move went (or is going) smoothly. I am looking at updating reviews on the Yardi and Ninja4Hire ROM updates this weekend. Looks like some progress has been made with the quirks. Any progress on V3 of your ROM? :D It was my favorite so I'm looking forward to the updated version. No rush, I like that there are only a few updates to make instead of 6+ like last time, I can spend more time on each one.

I'd like to get some more stuff out and clean it up a bit before I release a V3. After going Flash crazy with my i910 I'm taking my time on my releases. Oh and I'm looking for a house to live in as well. I'll keep you posted for sure.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what they want to see added/removed/modified in a ROM release?

to me the coolest thing in the omnia roms were the little tweaks. blazing wolf always had the volume tweaked up for the phone ring - little things like that make big differences. i always liked the rom writers start up screen. but all the hard work is much appreciated.

good luck with the house hunting.

Guest DirtySanchez
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what they want to see added/removed/modified in a ROM release?

Sure Here is a few:

PhoneEx Rocks

MS3.5 is the best UI

Could use a Base Rom to go along with the MS3 & your rom

S2U2 2.30 has worked out a lot of bugs so i once again like S2U2

Opera

SKTools

AppToDate

Jbed

O2flash

HTCSensor.dll

OpenGLES

SRS_WOW_HD

OpenMarket

I think it is windows today screen messing with some settings. try to disable/re-enable windows mobile. You may need to click on the taskbar icons, then click on 3g, then click the start button that shows up. Let me know if that works and I'll try to see if I can duplicate the problem.

Anyone else having this problem?

Using version 2. Several things seemed to not be working at first. (I did not soft or hard reset after flash.) Send button did not bring up the phone. SWYPE did not appear for typing. Played around a bit, opening and closing things, pressing buttons, etc. and suddenly the phone button worked, and SWYPE was there as well.

Trying to change background in MS3.5.3, when attempting to scroll in the Windows folder, the white background goes blank, no icons. Tapping the SWYPE at bottom center brings back the folders and images, but finger scrolling makes them go away again. Soft reset doesn't help. Neither does hard reset.

Now after hard reset, phone button doesn't bring up the phone again. But the 3G thing, then closing the Wireless Manager got it going again. Phone button OK after another soft reset. SWYPE still there and OK.

I really like the Samsung dialer and that it doesn't have the scroll bar, and the cool icons on the Task bar.

Edited by Robtao

Guest Tony_vegas

grwat rom, love the theme and taskbar icons too. only thing is when i try to install any kind of mod to titanium it completely locks titanium and it never works again unless i hard reset. any ideas?

Guest amdzero
grwat rom, love the theme and taskbar icons too. only thing is when i try to install any kind of mod to titanium it completely locks titanium and it never works again unless i hard reset. any ideas?

I'm still working on titanium. I'm not sure why but the titanium won't change unless you modify the registry. I was able to install one titanium set but not another so I'm still testing. Anyone else have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kdkinc

AMDZero

GREAT ROM !! <_< :mellow:

I've owned MS 3.5 for a long time and never liked it. I hated it on my i910 .

How you have incorporated MS3.5 into this "new" rom is spectacular..

I read what you said about M2D and getting a package together. With MS3.5 I don't see the need.

When MS5.0 hits I think it will change the whole u/i vision and do wonders for the i920.

Thank You for making the awesome i920 even better :( :D

You need a $ link you deserve it for your efforts pizza's expensive I would be glad to buy you a few slices.

B) :)

PS. T*OMNIA2 is sweet check it out :D

Edited by kdkinc

Guest snapz54

I can't seem to install the espresso theme, would you think about cooking it into the new rom when it's ready?

also, I've hard reset twice and Everything seems great accept I'm getting ghost images of everything when I scroll through pages. Like phantom trails of the images as I scroll around making everything unusable? anyone else?

msense.png

Edited by snapz54

Guest amdzero
I can't seem to install the espresso theme, would you think about cooking it into the new rom when it's ready?

also, I've hard reset twice and Everything seems great accept I'm getting ghost images of everything when I scroll through pages. Like phantom trails of the images as I scroll around making everything unusable? anyone else?

msense.png

I can cook the espresso theme if you'd like. I'm kinda half in a house right now. I'm surrounded by boxes HELP! For some reason the way I cook MS3 you cannot add any themes. If you do you get the ghosting thing that you are talking about. I even cooked a theme in, then re-installed the same theme after hard boot and had the ghosting. Not sure what thats about, and don't really have the time to troubleshoot it yet. If you can provide the theme I'll consider cooking it in.

Also about the donation link, I don't know how to do that and I do this in my spare time.

Thanks for everyone who likes my custom rom. I have been working on version 3, it just takes a LONG time.

Guest snapz54
I can cook the espresso theme if you'd like. I'm kinda half in a house right now. I'm surrounded by boxes HELP! For some reason the way I cook MS3 you cannot add any themes. If you do you get the ghosting thing that you are talking about. I even cooked a theme in, then re-installed the same theme after hard boot and had the ghosting. Not sure what thats about, and don't really have the time to troubleshoot it yet. If you can provide the theme I'll consider cooking it in.

Also about the donation link, I don't know how to do that and I do this in my spare time.

Thanks for everyone who likes my custom rom. I have been working on version 3, it just takes a LONG time.

Your time is well spent, we all really appreciate your contribution. Congrats on the house also. I'll PM you a link to the theme, It won't let me post here.

Guest kdkinc
Your time is well spent, we all really appreciate your contribution. Congrats on the house also. I'll PM you a link to the theme, It won't let me post here.

+1 AMDZero

congrats on the house!!!

snapz54,

I was wondering about your question on the theme <_<

If a theme is "cooked" into a rom and you replace it does the remnants of the "cooked" theme still stay in the rom ???

If so wouldn't you end up with double layering of a layer which may cause "ghosting"???

Where's MasterGreenery when you need him???

Did you try or look at T*Omnia start menu theme ??

Hope something I asked helps...

:mellow: :(

Edited by kdkinc

Guest amdzero
+1 AMDZero

congrats on the house!!!

snapz54,

I was wondering about your question on the theme <_<

If a theme is "cooked" into a rom and you replace it does the remnants of the "cooked" theme still stay in the rom ???

If so wouldn't you end up with double layering of a layer which may cause "ghosting"???

Where's MasterGreenery when you need him???

Did you try or look at T*Omnia start menu theme ??

Hope something I asked helps...

:mellow: :(

Yes if you cook a MS theme in then it will be in there forever. So if you install another theme the old one remains in the \windows folder. Also if you reinstall the same theme over the old one then the only thing that SHOULD happen is the files get replaced with the same files. I noticed that if you try to change the background (which you shouldn't be able to do using the theme I cooked) it will changed and ghost all text/images again. I'm at a loss for now.