497 replies to this topic

bicycleray

bicycleray

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910

I don't use winmo facebook. I use Opera 10b3 to goto facebook and everything gets done there. SPB does have a problem with it's own facebook widget. The best thing I could say is swipe left of the home screen and change one of the shortcuts to launch the winmo facebook app or use your browser.

Thank you guys, I did find that there is a known issue. And opera 10b3 is what I'm using right now to reply to this message and checking facebook is pretty sweet on it. Just wanted spb to work so I can update my contacts photos. guess I'll stick to using booksync

Edited by bicycleray, 18 February 2010 - 03:24 PM.

compnird

compnird

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:VZW i920 (OMNIA II)
Hope your move went (or is going) smoothly. I am looking at updating reviews on the Yardi and Ninja4Hire ROM updates this weekend. Looks like some progress has been made with the quirks. Any progress on V3 of your ROM? :D It was my favorite so I'm looking forward to the updated version. No rush, I like that there are only a few updates to make instead of 6+ like last time, I can spend more time on each one.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

Hope your move went (or is going) smoothly. I am looking at updating reviews on the Yardi and Ninja4Hire ROM updates this weekend. Looks like some progress has been made with the quirks. Any progress on V3 of your ROM? :D It was my favorite so I'm looking forward to the updated version. No rush, I like that there are only a few updates to make instead of 6+ like last time, I can spend more time on each one.

I'd like to get some more stuff out and clean it up a bit before I release a V3. After going Flash crazy with my i910 I'm taking my time on my releases. Oh and I'm looking for a house to live in as well. I'll keep you posted for sure.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what they want to see added/removed/modified in a ROM release?

levytv

levytv

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Devices:omnia verizon
to me the coolest thing in the omnia roms were the little tweaks. blazing wolf always had the volume tweaked up for the phone ring - little things like that make big differences. i always liked the rom writers start up screen. but all the hard work is much appreciated.
good luck with the house hunting.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what they want to see added/removed/modified in a ROM release?

Sure Here is a few:

PhoneEx Rocks
MS3.5 is the best UI
Could use a Base Rom to go along with the MS3 & your rom
S2U2 2.30 has worked out a lot of bugs so i once again like S2U2
Opera
SKTools
AppToDate
Jbed
O2flash
HTCSensor.dll
OpenGLES
SRS_WOW_HD
OpenMarket

Posted Image

Robtao

Robtao

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Devices:6700, 6800, Omnia 910

I think it is windows today screen messing with some settings. try to disable/re-enable windows mobile. You may need to click on the taskbar icons, then click on 3g, then click the start button that shows up. Let me know if that works and I'll try to see if I can duplicate the problem.

Anyone else having this problem?

Using version 2. Several things seemed to not be working at first. (I did not soft or hard reset after flash.) Send button did not bring up the phone. SWYPE did not appear for typing. Played around a bit, opening and closing things, pressing buttons, etc. and suddenly the phone button worked, and SWYPE was there as well.

Trying to change background in MS3.5.3, when attempting to scroll in the Windows folder, the white background goes blank, no icons. Tapping the SWYPE at bottom center brings back the folders and images, but finger scrolling makes them go away again. Soft reset doesn't help. Neither does hard reset.

Now after hard reset, phone button doesn't bring up the phone again. But the 3G thing, then closing the Wireless Manager got it going again. Phone button OK after another soft reset. SWYPE still there and OK.

I really like the Samsung dialer and that it doesn't have the scroll bar, and the cool icons on the Task bar.

Edited by Robtao, 23 February 2010 - 03:31 AM.

Tony_vegas

Tony_vegas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:touch pro/ omnia i910
grwat rom, love the theme and taskbar icons too. only thing is when i try to install any kind of mod to titanium it completely locks titanium and it never works again unless i hard reset. any ideas?

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

grwat rom, love the theme and taskbar icons too. only thing is when i try to install any kind of mod to titanium it completely locks titanium and it never works again unless i hard reset. any ideas?

I'm still working on titanium. I'm not sure why but the titanium won't change unless you modify the registry. I was able to install one titanium set but not another so I'm still testing. Anyone else have any ideas?

xcsd

xcsd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:i-mate SP5
Is there a way to disable the Nuance voice control in favor of the MS version?

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Interests:Flashing
  • Devices:DROIDX
  • Twitter:@kdkinc
AMDZero

GREAT ROM !! <_< :mellow:

I've owned MS 3.5 for a long time and never liked it. I hated it on my i910 .
How you have incorporated MS3.5 into this "new" rom is spectacular..

I read what you said about M2D and getting a package together. With MS3.5 I don't see the need.
When MS5.0 hits I think it will change the whole u/i vision and do wonders for the i920.

Thank You for making the awesome i920 even better :( :D

You need a $ link you deserve it for your efforts pizza's expensive I would be glad to buy you a few slices.

B) :)

PS. T*OMNIA2 is sweet check it out :D

Edited by kdkinc, 09 March 2010 - 02:27 PM.

snapz54

snapz54

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
I can't seem to install the espresso theme, would you think about cooking it into the new rom when it's ready?

also, I've hard reset twice and Everything seems great accept I'm getting ghost images of everything when I scroll through pages. Like phantom trails of the images as I scroll around making everything unusable? anyone else?

Posted Image

Edited by snapz54, 09 March 2010 - 10:56 PM.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

I can't seem to install the espresso theme, would you think about cooking it into the new rom when it's ready?

also, I've hard reset twice and Everything seems great accept I'm getting ghost images of everything when I scroll through pages. Like phantom trails of the images as I scroll around making everything unusable? anyone else?

Posted Image

I can cook the espresso theme if you'd like. I'm kinda half in a house right now. I'm surrounded by boxes HELP! For some reason the way I cook MS3 you cannot add any themes. If you do you get the ghosting thing that you are talking about. I even cooked a theme in, then re-installed the same theme after hard boot and had the ghosting. Not sure what thats about, and don't really have the time to troubleshoot it yet. If you can provide the theme I'll consider cooking it in.

Also about the donation link, I don't know how to do that and I do this in my spare time.

Thanks for everyone who likes my custom rom. I have been working on version 3, it just takes a LONG time.

snapz54

snapz54

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

I can cook the espresso theme if you'd like. I'm kinda half in a house right now. I'm surrounded by boxes HELP! For some reason the way I cook MS3 you cannot add any themes. If you do you get the ghosting thing that you are talking about. I even cooked a theme in, then re-installed the same theme after hard boot and had the ghosting. Not sure what thats about, and don't really have the time to troubleshoot it yet. If you can provide the theme I'll consider cooking it in.

Also about the donation link, I don't know how to do that and I do this in my spare time.

Thanks for everyone who likes my custom rom. I have been working on version 3, it just takes a LONG time.

Your time is well spent, we all really appreciate your contribution. Congrats on the house also. I'll PM you a link to the theme, It won't let me post here.

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Your time is well spent, we all really appreciate your contribution. Congrats on the house also. I'll PM you a link to the theme, It won't let me post here.

+1 AMDZero
congrats on the house!!!

snapz54,

I was wondering about your question on the theme <_<
If a theme is "cooked" into a rom and you replace it does the remnants of the "cooked" theme still stay in the rom ???
If so wouldn't you end up with double layering of a layer which may cause "ghosting"???

Where's MasterGreenery when you need him???

Did you try or look at T*Omnia start menu theme ??

Hope something I asked helps...
:mellow: :(

Edited by kdkinc, 10 March 2010 - 10:05 AM.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

+1 AMDZero
congrats on the house!!!

snapz54,

I was wondering about your question on the theme <_<
If a theme is "cooked" into a rom and you replace it does the remnants of the "cooked" theme still stay in the rom ???
If so wouldn't you end up with double layering of a layer which may cause "ghosting"???

Where's MasterGreenery when you need him???

Did you try or look at T*Omnia start menu theme ??

Hope something I asked helps...
:mellow: :(

Yes if you cook a MS theme in then it will be in there forever. So if you install another theme the old one remains in the \windows folder. Also if you reinstall the same theme over the old one then the only thing that SHOULD happen is the files get replaced with the same files. I noticed that if you try to change the background (which you shouldn't be able to do using the theme I cooked) it will changed and ghost all text/images again. I'm at a loss for now.

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Yes if you cook a MS theme in then it will be in there forever. So if you install another theme the old one remains in the \windows folder. Also if you reinstall the same theme over the old one then the only thing that SHOULD happen is the files get replaced with the same files. I noticed that if you try to change the background (which you shouldn't be able to do using the theme I cooked) it will changed and ghost all text/images again. I'm at a loss for now.

I recall that ghosting was a issue for BW & Bga55 way back while flashing the i910. This stuff is W A Y beyond me <_< :mellow:

Thank You

:( :D

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
anything on the burner???
get'en itchy <_< :mellow:

:D :D

Had to move on and take off the training wheels (ms3.5).
THANK YOU for a nice rom to get started on my O2 learning experience . :( I like my O2....
Want to try new themes that Ms3.5 messes with...

Edited by kdkinc, 13 March 2010 - 10:49 AM.

snapz54

snapz54

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
How's it coming? Still getting settled in the new house? excited for the evolution

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

How's it coming? Still getting settled in the new house? excited for the evolution

the rom is on the back burner for now, I've ported 23534 but haven't gotten to the titanium, or MS3 yet.

ad720

ad720

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:Samsing Omnia 2 i920
1st of all, this ROM is great.

One question -

is it possible to stop the screen that comes up when the phone rings that gives the option to Answer, Ignore or Text and show a different screen there? I find that taking the phone out of my pocket I hit ignore a lot. I'd like to avoid using smart lock pro...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users