I8000L + JA5 eboot succesful flashing

Guest elchicodelbalcon

I'm from Argentina, i used the CSC "I8000FOPJA5.csc" From Spain to get the spanish language, it's Operator Free, so i had to load my operator settings manually. The good thing is that some crap from my stock CSC dissapeared after flashing CSC part, like preloaded Opera Favorites and stuff. I don't know wich CSC part is correct for USA, you should try to find out which one is for english language and operator free and after flashing load GPRS, MMS, etc... settings manually because there are not specific CSC for american users.

Hi, im from Argentina Too. Please, do you can send me a Tutorial to Flash an GT-i8000L?

If you can, send me an email to take contact with me.

Sorry my english.

Guest rodrigofd
Hi, im from Argentina Too. Please, do you can send me a Tutorial to Flash an GT-i8000L?

If you can, send me an email to take contact with me.

Sorry my english.

Hi for all argentinians.

Phone and CSC parts CANNOT BE BACKED UP, yet, there is NO TOOL for that, and 'I8000L' version, CSC and PHONE parts can't be found.

So in short, DO NOT flash CSC or PHONE parts to you I8000L bought in Argentina.. You don't need to anyway!! You won't get any noticeable improvement.

You can safely flash PDA and EBOOT parts... you can get lots of them in this forum. To flash them, you have to use a special flashing program 'OCTANS DOWNLOADER'.

You can read instructions here SysMax.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...g-rom-on-i8000/

Hi for all argentinians.

Phone and CSC parts CANNOT BE BACKED UP, yet, there is NO TOOL for that, and 'I8000L' version, CSC and PHONE parts can't be found.

So in short, DO NOT flash CSC or PHONE parts to you I8000L bought in Argentina.. You don't need to anyway!! You won't get any noticeable improvement.

You can safely flash PDA and EBOOT parts... you can get lots of them in this forum. To flash them, you have to use a special flashing program 'OCTANS DOWNLOADER'.

You can read instructions here SysMax.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...g-rom-on-i8000/

¿Mi telefono quedara en Windows mobile 6.5? Porque hoy esta en Windows Mobiale 6.1

Mi objetivo es actualizarlo. Tambien lei, que se puede utilizar la interface touch flow de htc, que me parece mejor que la touchwiz de samsung. Esa seria otra de las cosas que me gustaria cambiarle.

Espero tu pronta respuesta, y gracias por contestarme.

Saludos.

Translated from: http://www.elmundo.es/traductor/

Was my telephone staying in Windows mobile 6.5? Because today this one in Windows Mobiale 6.1 My object is to update it. Also i reed, that can be in use the interface touch flow of htc, that seems to me to be better than the touchwiz of samsung. This serious other one of the things that i like it, is to change him.

I wait for your prompt response, and thank you for answering me.

Regards

Gracias Rodrigo. Me anime, segui el tutorial para Windows 7 64 Bits y funciono todo de maravilla. Instale el eBoot y el PDA tal cual dijeron. El 3g me funciona perfecto (Tengo Claro de Argentina) y el equipo me Quedo con Windows Mobile 6.5 en ingles. La verdad que la performance de este telefono con WM6.5 se dispara, el 6.1 desaprovecha el potencial del hardware. Confirmado otro GT-i8000L instalado con la JB1.

Saludos.

Thank you Rodrigo. Encourage, i follow the tutorial for Windows 7 64 Bits and I work quite of marvel. Install the eBoot and the PDA as is they said. 3g it me works perfectly (I Have Claro of Argentina) and the equipment i Remain with Windows Mobile 6.5 in English. The truth that the performance of this telephone with WM6.5 goes off, 6.1 fails to take advantage of the potential of the hardware. Confirmed another GT-i8000L installed with the JB1.

Regards.

Guest rodrigofd
Gracias Rodrigo. Me anime, segui el tutorial para Windows 7 64 Bits y funciono todo de maravilla. Instale el eBoot y el PDA tal cual dijeron. El 3g me funciona perfecto (Tengo Claro de Argentina) y el equipo me Quedo con Windows Mobile 6.5 en ingles. La verdad que la performance de este telefono con WM6.5 se dispara, el 6.1 desaprovecha el potencial del hardware. Confirmado otro GT-i8000L instalado con la JB1.

Saludos.

Thank you Rodrigo. Encourage, i follow the tutorial for Windows 7 64 Bits and I work quite of marvel. Install the eBoot and the PDA as is they said. 3g it me works perfectly (I Have Claro of Argentina) and the equipment i Remain with Windows Mobile 6.5 in English. The truth that the performance of this telephone with WM6.5 goes off, 6.1 fails to take advantage of the potential of the hardware. Confirmed another GT-i8000L installed with the JB1.

Regards.

Sysmax, If you have time to mess with your phone, you might want to try my newest rom, LE-O2 FUSION (HD2 with Sense 2.5 ROM) .. just released Beta 2 today..

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...released-today/.

Sysmax, If you have time to mess with your phone, you might want to try my newest rom, LE-O2 FUSION (HD2 with Sense 2.5 ROM) .. just released Beta 2 today..

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...released-today/.

Rodrigo:

He flasheado esta rom beta. Arranco muy bien, la velocidad de la pantalla es excelente y la organizacion es mucho mejor. Pero ya he tenido un problema. Aprete el boton LOCK que esta dentro del touch, y la pantalla quedo tenue, luego toque el boton de bloquear del costado del telefono, y la pantalla se puso negra, pero despues no pude desbloquearlo mas, ni siquiera me muestra la pantalla. No se si sera un bug, o hay que usar una combinacion de teclas diferente para poder volver a desbloquear el equipo. El Garmin, no se si funciona o solo dejaste el icono, pero al iniciar me pide que reinstale la aplicacion porque parece estar dañada. Seguir probando software y servicios, pero esto me gusta mucho mas aun que la 6.5 normal.

¿Sabes como liberar el telefono? Me gustaria poder ponerle cualquier chip.

Saludos.

Translated: http://www.elmundo.es/traductor/

I flash this rom thread. I start very well, the speed of the screen is excellent and the organization is much better. But already I have had a problem. i push the button LOCK that this inside the touch, and the screen I remain tenuous, then touches the button of blocking of the side of the telephone, and the screen became black, but I could not unblock it, even it nor shows me the screen. I dont know if this is a bug, or it is necessary to use a different key sequence to be able to return to unblock the equipment. The Garmin, not if it works or only you left the icon, but on having initiated he asks me to reinstall the application because it seems to be damaged. To continue proving software and services, but I like this very much even more that 6.5 normal.

¿do you kown how to free the phone?

Regards.

Edited by SysMax

Guest SysMax

Rodrigo, necesito ayuda urgente. Mi telefono empezo a funcionar super lento, no se si sera un problema de hardware. Me enciende la pantalla de a pixeles, aparecen varios y se va rellenando en camara lenta. Le saque la bateria y volvio a hacer lo mismo. Esta con la jb1. Quisiera saber si a alguien le paso esto, sino quisiera saber como volver a la rom original (SI SE PUEDE), porque si lo llevo a garantia me van a decir que no esta con la rom original del telefono.

Espero tu pronta respuesta.

Saludos.

Rodrigo, I need urgent help. My telephone start to working super slowly, i dont know if is a problem of hardware. It ignites the screen of to pixels, they turn out to be different and it is refilled in slow motion. i Extract the battery and come back to doing the same thing. This one with jb1 firmware. i want to know if someone have this problem, or know hot to be able return like to the original rom (IF i CAN), because if I take it to guarantee they are going to say to me that not this one with the original rom of the telephone.

I wait for your prompt response.

Regards.

Rodrigo, necesito ayuda urgente. Mi telefono empezo a funcionar super lento, no se si sera un problema de hardware. Me enciende la pantalla de a pixeles, aparecen varios y se va rellenando en camara lenta. Le saque la bateria y volvio a hacer lo mismo. Esta con la jb1. Quisiera saber si a alguien le paso esto, sino quisiera saber como volver a la rom original (SI SE PUEDE), porque si lo llevo a garantia me van a decir que no esta con la rom original del telefono.

Espero tu pronta respuesta.

Saludos.

Rodrigo, I need urgent help. My telephone start to working super slowly, i dont know if is a problem of hardware. It ignites the screen of to pixels, they turn out to be different and it is refilled in slow motion. i Extract the battery and come back to doing the same thing. This one with jb1 firmware. i want to know if someone have this problem, or know hot to be able return like to the original rom (IF i CAN), because if I take it to guarantee they are going to say to me that not this one with the original rom of the telephone.

I wait for your prompt response.

Regards.

Hiciste un backup de la original? Te fijaste al menos que versión era? Porque va a ser dificil conseguir esa exactamente. Yo tengo el backup del eBoot y PDA de la mia, si te sirven avisame y los subo. I8000NXXIL1 comprado a TeamMobile en MercadoLibre (unos truchos, no recomendados)

Guest DunKnow

Has anyone successfully downgraded their eboot? I am wondering this in case i have to send mine back to service center. Also can i double confirm the size of JA5 eboot? is it 1,152 kb? Thanks :(

Edited by DunKnow

Guest SysMax
Hiciste un backup de la original? Te fijaste al menos que versión era? Porque va a ser dificil conseguir esa exactamente. Yo tengo el backup del eBoot y PDA de la mia, si te sirven avisame y los subo. I8000NXXIL1 comprado a TeamMobile en MercadoLibre (unos truchos, no recomendados)

Creo haber cometido el error de no haber hecho backup. Si tenes un i8000l, por favor veamos de que me pases la rom. De todas maneras te cuento que me cambiaron el display y ahora esta andando, pero no me cambiaron el equipo. Unos delincuentes los de claro. Muchas Gracas por tu respuesta.

Has anyone successfully downgraded their eboot? I am wondering this in case i have to send mine back to service center. Also can i double confirm the size of JA5 eboot? is it 1,152 kb? Thanks :(

Nice question, I would like to know also that if a downgrade from eboot would work OK!

Alguien flasheó la versión JB3 que apareció en el foro polaco acá en el I8000L (eboot & PDA)?: here

Anyone tried flashing the polish JB3 version on a I8000L (eboot & PDA)?: here

What about CSC and Phone parts?

Guest nipip
Alguien flasheó la versión JB3 que apareció en el foro polaco acá en el I8000L (eboot & PDA)?: here

Anyone tried flashing the polish JB3 version on a I8000L (eboot & PDA)?: here

What about CSC and Phone parts?

CSC JB1 con la española generica I8000FOPJB1, la verdad no le encuentro diferencia a la JB3 contra la JB1.

Incluso tiene los mismos errores: el teclado en la agenda, desinstala la aplicacion anterior de la lista.

Son simples y supone que podrian haberlos corregido en una version nueva.

-----

CSC JB1 generic spanish I8000FOPJB1, really I dont find differences between JB3 and JB1. Even shows the same errors: keyboard popup at phonebook, wrong app uninstall.

They are simple issues that could be corrected in a new version.

Edited by nipip

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Andre Heitor

I bought an Omnia II in the Paraguay.

As the label under the battery, my device is an i8000L.

Only came with Portuguese of Portugal. I wanted the Brazilian Portuguese.

But by the Windows Mobile, the versions of my device are these:

- Windows Mobile 6.5 AM CE 5.2.21872 (Compilation 21872.5.0.71)

- PDA: I8000NXXIK5

- CSC: I8000TPHIK5

- Phone: I800XXIK3

How can I update my device for WM's Last Version 6.5, and with Brazilian Portuguese language?

Guest Andre Heitor

I did the firmwares download through SAMSUNG MOBILE FIRMWARE DOWNLOADER.

At the moment of passing for flash, Can I catch a PDA of a firmware and a CSC of other firmware?

Guest Jeanne8fr
I also flashed eboot on my i8000L , but i flashed together eboot and PDA together, so now i have CSC, PDA, Eboot from I8000 JA5 rom, only i didnt flash Phone part.

Hello all,

I am getting my Omnia II from Bell Canada tomorrow. It's the Olympic game special. I want to use it on AT&T in California.

Can you tell me which rom you flash?

My current phone is the i900 Omnia and I have flashed it many times so I am not a total novice.

Thanks,

Jeannette

Guest Omnia 2 8000

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting any question. I will try to be straight as I can. I bought my Omnia 2 in Canada from a bell network. Got it unlocked and stupidly enough I flashed all the parts of the phone to JC1 EU and cant seem to get my original stuff which is I8000L... Is there a way someone can help me by giving me the bell I8000L CSC, Phone and EBOOT part. I really need it as all my north American settings are gone. you can e-mail me at ([email protected]) for any suggestions and solutions. Please. Thank you.

Edited by Omnia 2 8000

Guest jebise

@Jeannette

You can flash any ROM you wish just make sure to dump your current ROM (search for dskdump and o2util). ROM's are just a preference i'm using garys ROM because it's lite and has most bloatware removed that i will never touch. So find a ROM that meets your needs, garys ROM has most bloatware removed but he kept all the good samsung stuff like sms, dialer, clock etc. Also i have only flashed the PDA and my phone works fine, so you might wanna stay stock unless your having problems.

@Omnia 2 8000

No your out of luck we can't dump those parts, i have read never to flash Phone or CSC parts. There is one possible solution use the firmware downloader and download the entire firmware package and see if that works using OCTANS. The Phone and PDA parts are I8000LUGIJ6 and CSC is I8000LBMCIJ6. If this works for you please PM me so i know this can be done as well as i wanted to flash those parts for a while to see if there is any difference but never did since there is no backup. The only part that you really need to flash is the CSC since that is what holds all the settings and stuff.

firmware downloader They might not have IJ6 can't remember but they do have one from October if i'm correct. Its a pain to connect to the servers, keep trying you'll get in once.

PS on a side note since you flashed all EU stuff i have a few questions;

1.) Dose it update with KIES? i know our phone has no firmware updates since November so i'm wondering since you made the I8000L into a I8000 dose it work like a I8000.

2.) Using KIES are you able to browse and download apps to the phone from the samsung store? This would be a big plus for me.

3.) Can't you manually set all the fields that are messed up and keep EU? if you want i can PM you settings of my phones which might help you if your with bell.

Edited by jebise

Guest Omnia 2 8000
@Omnia 2 8000

No your out of luck we can't dump those parts, i have read never to flash Phone or CSC parts. There is one possible solution use the firmware downloader and download the entire firmware package and see if that works using OCTANS. The Phone and PDA parts are I8000LUGIJ6 and CSC is I8000LBMCIJ6. If this works for you please PM me so i know this can be done as well as i wanted to flash those parts for a while to see if there is any difference but never did since there is no backup. The only part that you really need to flash is the CSC since that is what holds all the settings and stuff.

firmware downloader They might not have IJ6 can't remember but they do have one from October if i'm correct. Its a pain to connect to the servers, keep trying you'll get in once.

PS on a side note since you flashed all EU stuff i have a few questions;

1.) Dose it update with KIES? i know our phone has no firmware updates since November so i'm wondering since you made the I8000L into a I8000 dose it work like a I8000.

2.) Using KIES are you able to browse and download apps to the phone from the samsung store? This would be a big plus for me.

3.) Can't you manually set all the fields that are messed up and keep EU? if you want i can PM you settings of my phones which might help you if your with bell.

Thanks alot I will give it a try and see if I can Download using the firmware downloader. The Software KIES does not seem to find any update but may be because I have the latest Firmware. I have not ried to browse the samsung store yet will give it a shot as well and see if it work. Will let you know. Also the Settings that you are saying the thing is I do not have any north american Operators in the list. Only UK or all european ones. If you can help me that would be great but I am with Fido not bell.

Guest jebise
Thanks alot I will give it a try and see if I can Download using the firmware downloader. The Software KIES does not seem to find any update but may be because I have the latest Firmware. I have not ried to browse the samsung store yet will give it a shot as well and see if it work. Will let you know. Also the Settings that you are saying the thing is I do not have any north american Operators in the list. Only UK or all european ones. If you can help me that would be great but I am with Fido not bell.

ohh i thought maybe it would just grab it from the sim card. But you have to for sure flash the CSC part again maybe use the new CSC and se eif they have a north amercia option or just flash with bell.

Guest Omnia 2 8000
ohh i thought maybe it would just grab it from the sim card. But you have to for sure flash the CSC part again maybe use the new CSC and se eif they have a north amercia option or just flash with bell.

It grabs only few things like network coverage and thats about it. Ok So followed your advise on downloading the parts from the Downloader and it worked. The Phone and PDA parts are I8000LUGIJ2 and CSC is I8000LBMCIJ2. but I am afraid to reflash the CSC Eboot and Phone part as If I was to do so, I am not sure whether the Phone will be locked back again. Can someone advice me on that. And also for the EU or Europen users a new firmware is availabe JD1.

Edited by Omnia 2 8000

Guest jebise

hahah no that's no how it works. The phone will still be unlocked but remember the settings will be bell so you might have issues with data not to sure but the phone will stay unlocked.

You don't have to flash any parts i would say stay leave the eboot and phone PDA parts alone and just flash the CSC, i don't know if you can just flash the CSC by itself or you have to flash the PDA. But that dose not matter since you can flash a different PDA after anyways, suck your going back down to IJ2 since my phone came with IJ6.

Don't worry about eboot and phone for now CSC is what holds the language and settings of the phone. I mean if you really want to its not a issue but i would think the latest phone and eboot would be better. I wish i had the guts to flash my eboot since that is the only danger in flashing.

But it would be a good way to test to see if you have a backup if and when you need to send for servicing.

as for JD1 you can get the stock ROM and try it out to see how you like it, i know i would if i was flashing my phone again. But i have everything prefect so i really don't want to flash until GC release his lite version that he is working on.

Edited by jebise