Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 New Customized ROM Release

Guest huzheyi

Guest huzheyi

Release Date

Version

B7610NXXIL2_huzheyi_V1.0_En

This is an English version based on the official multi-language version NXXIL2

(So thanks to Secany here, and I'm looking forward a JA version :) )

Windows Mobile 6.5, the kernel is WinCE 5.2.21868

ROM Format

Nb0 file(only PDA part)

Specification

Removed apps:Community, Connected Home, Cube Menu, Digital Frame, Goolge Map, Podcast, Smart Search, Streaming Player, Video Editor,some Widgets

Input method:Removed Transcriber, hid Keyboard, Letter Recognizer and Block Recognizer(If you want to use them, I'll tell you how to, also you can search it yourself), only XT9 is available now

Smiling-button:Click once for Task Switcher, hold on for Screen Orientation

Today:Windows Today was set to be default, while Samsung Widget and Samsung Today are still there

Others:Replaced the original battery icon with a new one which is beautiful and showing percent, and self photo was supported

Comment

After flashing, you can type "*#1546792*#","*#81230*#" in dial pad in order to select your country and carrier. MMS/WAP will be auto set after reboot.

This phone is my first windows mobile phone, and also my first time customize a ROM. So if bugs or suggests just let me know, and I will optimize it in coming versions.

Attention

It's a risk flashing your phone, you must make it carefully.

Everything is on your own decision.

Screenshots

post-632704-1264948999_thumb.png

post-632704-1264949023_thumb.png

post-632704-1264949110_thumb.png

post-632704-1264949143_thumb.png

post-632704-1264949158_thumb.png

Download here

2010.01.31 B7610NXXIL2_huzheyi_V1.0_En.rar

http://www.rayfile.com/files/16673f73-0e5f...4-0015c55db73d/

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OCBTUDF5 (Many thanks to vjin)

http://www.mediafire.com/?mb5tmntuzwn (Many thanks to sandeeppathak007)

Edited by huzheyi

Guest sandeeppathak007

Release Date

Version

Hi

Thanks a lot for this new rom could we please have any mirror on may be like mediafire i am unable to download it rom rayfile.

Regards

sandeep

Guest SuperLOL

Hop you can do a version where all the samsung crap is removed so that we have a basic Windows Mobile. Most people that want a other style use SPB Mobile Shell but for sure not the samsung one :)

Guest huzheyi
rayfiles?

minor pls... :)

It's very slow if I upload to a server abroad...However I'll try...So which one u prefer?

Edited by huzheyi

Guest huzheyi
Hop you can do a version where all the samsung crap is removed so that we have a basic Windows Mobile. Most people that want a other style use SPB Mobile Shell but for sure not the samsung one :)

Maybe I'll cook such a ROM in the future...

But I think some softwares from Samsung work excellent for me, and the style of the software matches the outlook of the phone...

So maybe someday there would be an ultra-lite ROM...

Edited by huzheyi

Guest sandeeppathak007
It's very slow if I upload to a server abroad...However I'll try...So which one u prefer?

Hey thanx a lot for your kind help i think mega upload will be better or anything except rapidshare

thanks again for the new rom we really needed one custom rom for our beloved b7610.

hmm...im uploading to megaupload now for you guys..but neither OCTANS downloader nor OCTANS mini can load the .nb0 file :S

go nuts http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OCBTUDF5

hmm...it seems 7zip was havin a bad day or so, unpacked again and now it does load just fine!

@ flashin :)

best rom till now...FAST! cant wait for a stripped rom, u made my day B)

Edited by vjin

Guest JeroenFransen

Great news. Hopefully you will gain access to newer ROMs soon so we will be able to enjoy 6.5.3 or 6.5.5 on our beloved Omnia Pro!

Guest nizar445

Great work mate, I wish if you could cook something with a newer rom build. B)

Note:

Secany ROMs are used as a base for omina 2 rom cooking and he always have new rom builds, I don’t know if you can ask him for newer base rom to cook for our device. Thanks, I’m just suggesting. :)

Keep it up man. :D

Guest huzheyi
hmm...im uploading to megaupload now for you guys..but neither OCTANS downloader nor OCTANS mini can load the .nb0 file :S

go nuts http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OCBTUDF5

hmm...it seems 7zip was havin a bad day or so, unpacked again and now it does load just fine!

@ flashin :)

best rom till now...FAST! cant wait for a stripped rom, u made my day B)

Thank u for ur support!

Would u mind my updating the topic with ur address added?

Guest Dr Digital

Release Date

Version

ROM Format

Nb0 file(only PDA part)

Specification

Removed apps:Community, Connected Home, Cube Menu, Digital Frame, Goolge Map, Podcast, Smart Search, Streaming Player, Video Editor,some Widgets

Input method:Removed Transcriber, hid Keyboard, Letter Recognizer and Block Recognizer(If you want to use them, I'll tell you how to, also you can search it yourself), only XT9 is available now

Smiling-button:Click once for Task Switcher, hold on for Screen Orientation

Today:Windows Today was set to be default, while Samsung Widget and Samsung Today are still there

Others:Replaced the original battery icon with a new one which is beautiful and showing percent, and self photo was supported

Comment

After flashing, you can type "*#1546792*#","*#81230*#" in dial pad in order to select your country and carrier. MMS/WAP will be auto set after reboot.

This phone is my first windows mobile phone, and also my first time customize a ROM. So if bugs or suggests just let me know, and I will optimize it in coming versions.

Attention

It's a risk flashing your phone, you must make it carefully.

Everything is on your own decision.

Screenshots

post-632704-1264948999_thumb.png

post-632704-1264949023_thumb.png

post-632704-1264949110_thumb.png

post-632704-1264949143_thumb.png

post-632704-1264949158_thumb.png

Download here

2010.01.31 B7610NXXIL2_huzheyi_V1.0_En.rar

http://www.rayfile.com/files/16673f73-0e5f...4-0015c55db73d/

Great! Thanks!

What tools do you need to flash the phone. Samsungs New PC Studio does not work with Windows 7

Guest huzheyi
I am already flash my B7610.

but, when I look phonebook menu, the icon is opera moblie :)

Just try it!

I think the opera mobile works well on b7610, cos it support auto orientation. what's more, in this version, flash is supported better with flash lite 3.1. Some flashes on the web can be opened.

Guest huzheyi
Big thx, huzheyi. ROM is better than oryginal.

You will make larger modifications maybe?

yup, I'll continue updating...

If u have any suggestions, just let me know!

Guest Bokun23

Hey,

this is very good news. im really going to try this rom out. Also any updates are welcome. As said on page 1, a ROM release without any programs would be great. Just windows mobile. A good solution for people who want to use samsung programs is to post cab files with those programs. Is that possible. So everyone can have what he or she wants.

Greetz and keep up the good work.

Bokun

Guest me00016

Great to see another B7610 cook around! I hear lots of positive comments about this ROM. Currently I use secany's ROM, and I am generally satisfied with this. What's your opinion about flashing the new ROM? Is there any difference worth enough to reflash the device? Or shall I wait for a ROM based on a new kernel (winmo 6.5.5)?

(Although I am positive that the "feel" (s. lag) of the windows mobile UI (not to mention with samsung sw) will be past with the release of 7. Darn, and we don't even know if B7610 will be supported!)