Can't dial VPN after update Nexus One ERE27 Modaco

Guest Giroro

I've got one rooted Nexus One with CM5.0beta4 ROM, last night I updated the phone with the files listed in this post:

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...optional-himem/

Then everything went well until I tried to dial VPN. It always said cannot connect to server but I don't know why. The server is OK, I can dial it on my laptop, and before the update it's OK with the stock firmware and the CM5.0beta4. I'm a little confused about which part contribute to this problem.

It will be very helpful if somebody can help.

What I've done to update:

1. The main update itself

2. The radio update

3. Insecure boot image

4. Superboot boot image.

5. Superboot boot image with himem (didn't notice there was a himem copy until Step. 4 finished)

6. Chinese sort patch (new libicudata.so and libsqlite.so, don't seem to cause the problem 'coz somebody else encountered it w/o this patch)

PS: Changed the DNS setting to 0.0.0.0 allowed and type the ip address instead of the host name in the VPN settings, still can't work out.

Edited by Giroro

Guest Ash_786

Ive got the same problem.

To verify what the problem was I reflashed with a Stock ROM, tested VPN functionality and everything worked fine. I then updated the Main update (update-nexusone-ERE27-signed.zip), after this I can not connect to any VPNs.

Ive got the same problem.

To verify what the problem was I reflashed with a Stock ROM, tested VPN functionality and everything worked fine. I then updated the Main update (update-nexusone-ERE27-signed.zip), after this I can not connect to any VPNs.

So something went wrong with the new Stock ROM ERE27 or the Modaco ROM for rooted guys?

Guest maddiez

i was coming from cm5 beta4, updated the custom kitchen version of cm5 beta4 with ERE27 updates.

if you experience issue with the update, try doing a wipe to see if things get solved or not.

if you apply the ERE27 update from Paul on cm5 ROMs, i'm not sure if that will cause problem.

also, if you have issues with VPN, try doing a "adb logcat" on your PC and connect to VPN on your phone, post the log here so we can help..

i was coming from cm5 beta4, updated the custom kitchen version of cm5 beta4 with ERE27 updates.

if you experience issue with the update, try doing a wipe to see if things get solved or not.

if you apply the ERE27 update from Paul on cm5 ROMs, i'm not sure if that will cause problem.

also, if you have issues with VPN, try doing a "adb logcat" on your PC and connect to VPN on your phone, post the log here so we can help..

Have done the wipe before update, will try to make a log after work. Thanks for your advice.

Here is the log file, your help will be really appreciated.

VPN.txt

try this in cmd

adb shell chmod +x /etc/ppp/ip-up-vpn

if it fails, try remount first

Thanks pal, I changed to 777 and I can connect now, maybe some security issues after update. You are awesome ;)

This indeed solved the problem of not being able to connect. thank you.

It did not however solved the issue where the VPN connection stops forwarding traffic after 1-2 minutes (without actually disconnecting).

It seems to randomly happen, more when connecting to the VPN server over wifi, but not only over Wifi.

I checked the logs and could not find anything.

Anyone has any idea why is this happening? this VPN servers works well on my laptop and iPhone.

Guest maddiez
This indeed solved the problem of not being able to connect. thank you.

It did not however solved the issue where the VPN connection stops forwarding traffic after 1-2 minutes (without actually disconnecting).

It seems to randomly happen, more when connecting to the VPN server over wifi, but not only over Wifi.

I checked the logs and could not find anything.

Anyone has any idea why is this happening? this VPN servers works well on my laptop and iPhone.

this is a known issue for android 2.1, disabling encryption for the vpn connection will solve the problem.

Edited by maddiez