WMPoweruser Series ROM for the Toshiba TG01

Guest Wen(WM)

Guest Wen(WM)

Hi,

My name is Wen from WMPoweruser and we recently decided to take up your case and try our best and get a ROM for the TG01. At the current status the chances of the TG01 getting a cooked ROM is currently low because the lack of a HardSPL, but I got word of another method of flashing.

I want to get all the current information about ROMz for the TG01 like HardSPL status, Cooks, Dumps and anything else that could help us get this ROM started and cooking. We currently have 8 cooks at hand and if we can get some help getting a HardSPL or anything going, we can have a good ROM released fast from someone like NRG, Shadowline, Ark, Captain Throwback or any of our good cooks, but they do need a test device. So if anyone wants to donate let me know so I will add a Cotton, but I am sure no one does.

Thanks, and I hope we get cooking soon

donate.jpg

Edited by Wen(WM)

Guest xdalover
Hi,

My name is Wen from WMPoweruser and we recently decided to take up your case and try our best and get a ROM for the TG01. At the current status the chances of the TG01 getting a cooked ROM is currently low because the lack of a HardSPL, but I got word of another method of flashing.

I want to get all the current information about ROMz for the TG01 like HardSPL status, Cooks, Dumps and anything else that could help us get this ROM started and cooking. We currently have 8 cooks at hand and if we can get some help getting a HardSPL or anything going, we can have a good ROM released fast from someone like NRG, Shadowline, Ark, Captain Throwback or any of our good cooks, but they do need a test device. So if anyone wants to donate let me know so I will add a Cotton, but I am sure no one does.

Thanks, and I hope we get cooking soon

Wen

Good news! Welcome aboard!

Regarding a TG01 for testing propose, I think that if you would open a donation link and give us some guaranties (not for achieving a quick success, but for spending your time with this goal) a lot of us would donate some money to buy your own TG01 for tests....

Guest Wen(WM)

Hi,

I just added one, and sure, we will try and get a ROM series for the TG01 going ASAP

Good news! Welcome aboard!

Regarding a TG01 for testing propose, I think that if you would open a donation link and give us some guaranties (not for achieving a quick success, but for spending your time with this goal) a lot of us would donate some money to buy your own TG01 for tests....

Guest useyourfist

i shall donate when some ££ goes in my paypal this evening.

im sure everyone will donate to help speed up the possible custom rom for our phone, think of the improvments.

Guest serialkillazzs

ill donate my tg01 for testing purposes if not enough donations.

we all ready have a debricking tutorial for tg01 which apparently works

only thing is i am on three and i do not have any other unlocked handset, only my own sim unlocked tg01!

if anyone can donate me a cheap unlocked phone open to, even if its from the 90's that works on 3, ill send my handset off to wmpower users

hope this might help speed up process

and i would prefer not to have a bricked phone returned!!!! ;)

Guest serialkillazzs

thought i would give users idea what a rom is.

basically a rom update is a package with all the bugs ironed out on the device, allowing the device to run as it was designed to run, with maybe added features to improve user experience.

the update is carried out like an other update on a mobile manually, ie handset usb cable connected to pc and a application style pakage run updating phone software.

there are other update options like over the air updates aka using phones 2g/3g signal to update device or wifi connection.

so technically bugs like maybe low volume, call quality, improved camera settings and lighting, power saver disabled at 20% could be ironed out

so people get donating!!!!

Guest mkultr4

Hello,

I would happily donate Money to a cooked rom. I purchased my TG01 12/01/10 as of 4/02/10 i'm on my forth handset. Anyone else had many handsets? How much is in your TG01 pot so far? how do I donate? Good luck.

regards,

mkultr4

Guest Wen(WM)

Click the donate button and donate with paypal and I have $45 so far

Hello,

I would happily donate Money to a cooked rom. I purchased my TG01 12/01/10 as of 4/02/10 i'm on my forth handset. Anyone else had many handsets? How much is in your TG01 pot so far? how do I donate? Good luck.

regards,

mkultr4

Guest kevinpwhite

Hi Wen,

Delighted you have you and your team on board and supporting the cause. I've added $50 to the pot. Good luck and please let us know if there is anything practical we (I) can do to assist.

Best regards,

Kevin

I know its not much but I hope $10 will help the cause.

Good to know that this phone is getting more support from the community everyday.

Also, thank you serialkillazzs for helping keep the phone alive.

Guest Wen(WM)
how much is in the kitty now?

$110 so doing pretty well, pretty fast, soon enough we would be at $400 maybe I will ask WMPowerusers readers for some help also

Guest serialkillazzs

yeah you could get one cheap here UK but time you post to wen in america and customs duty, price of handset would be the same in USA probably

Guest Wen(WM)
yeah you could get one cheap here UK but time you post to wen in america and customs duty, price of handset would be the same in USA probably

not really, it still would be cheaper..... and the cook is in the uk.... so in $100 we will send him a phone

Guest serialkillazzs
not really, it still would be cheaper..... and the cook is in the uk.... so in $100 we will send him a phone

that's good news if ya get stuck with last £20 give us a shout.or ill send my phone off for testing

Guest sagam12
that's good news if ya get stuck with last £20 give us a shout.or ill send my phone off for testing

does the new wm 6.5.3 have that new task bar where the start icon is at the bottom of the screen?

if so, i hope they can put that rom onto the TG01 ;)

and i hope u get the TG01 to test on very soon...

Guest Wen(WM)

Yes, I will try, but unless we can get some more $$ we cant have the testing going.

does the new wm 6.5.3 have that new task bar where the start icon is at the bottom of the screen?

if so, i hope they can put that rom onto the TG01 ;)

and i hope u get the TG01 to test on very soon...