[ROMS][DC23] WM6.5 Yardi4life- 23568, 23563 [May 6]

Guest yardi4life

Guest yardi4life

This is my attempt to customize the Window Mobile 6.5 on Verizon Omnia II.

ROMS are based on the DC23 update released from Samsung on April 19, 2010. You must first update your phone with the DC23 Software found here.

Thanks to all that hand in making this possible: Khuanchai, Pako777, rodrigofd, wes58, woZZer999. i'm sure there are others. Like that guy that created the diskdump (I cannot remember where I downloaded this)

I will be releasing a "Lite" and "Full" rom.

Full Rom:

258MB (264186 KB) Progam Storage (after flashing). Different builds may vary up or down.

89 MB free Program Memory (may vary)

Samsung Apps still in this rom:

Dailer (will remove this as soon as fix to remap phone button is found)

SMS/MMS

Call log

My Calendar

My Pictures

Phone Book (My Contacts)

Calculator

Touch Player (Media Player)

FM Radio

Clock and Alarm

Smart Reader

Streaming Player

Connected Home

Communties

Task switcher

Unit Converter

Video Editor

Voice Recorder

Lite Rom:

308MB Progam Storage (after flashing). Different builds may vary up or down.

89 MB free Program Memory (may vary)

My Pictures

Calculator

Touch Player (Media Player)

FM Radio

Task switcher

Unit Converter

Samsung Dailer (removed). Dailer is mapped to "Windows key" button and "Start Menu" is mapped to "Ok" button.

Tweaks in Both Roms:

XDA_UC

AutoRotation tweaks for most the apps already installed (app to configure rotation can be found here

Customized Black theme

Modified Classic Blue, DVF Green and Rock and Republic themes

MSN Money and Weather Widgets

Microsoft Voice Commander

Internet sharing

Remote Desktop

Microsoft and Omnia Settings

Office (either 2010 or previous version depending on build)

IE6

XT9 (Samsung keyboard), Opera, Nuance, all VZW Apps, Smart Memo (caused I messed it up), Samsung Widgets and Touch Wiz removed have been removed.

Know issues:

For whatever reason when XDA_UC runs, it disable the dataconnection (weird but true.. I tested it over and over).

To re-enable go to Settings -> Connections -> Connections -> Advanced [tab] -> "Select Networks" [button] and then select "My ISP" in the dropdown list at the top and then press "OK".

When XDA_UC runs, you may get prompted by tmarshaller to select a languge. I don't know why. Just make sure you select a language from the dropdown list if prompted.

Flashing instructions here

After the initial flash you may first need to TAP/touch the top bar when it appears to make the phone responsive. One day I'll fix it but for right now....

Lite Roms:

23568 - Has Office 2010 beta and updated Outlook.

Download here uploaded 5/6/2010 9:58am est

23563 - Has Office 2010 beta and updated Outlook.

Download here uploaded 4/23/2010 10:39pm EST

Fully loaded Roms:

23568 - Has Office 2010 beta and updated Outlook.

Download here uploaded 5/6/2010 9:58am est

23563 - Has Office 2010 beta and updated Outlook.

Download here uploaded 4/23/2010 10:30pm EST

Edited by yardi4life

Guest amdzero

Download here uploaded @ 2/8/2010 7:00pm EST

Download here uploaded @ 2/9/2010 12:47am EST

I've been going crazy the last 3 days about the data connection. It really is XDA UC that is removing the ISP information. Well that sucks, I'll remove it in mine until I find a fix. Let me know if you can figure out how to get around it.

Guest yardi4life
I've been going crazy the last 3 days about the data connection. It really is XDA UC that is removing the ISP information. Well that sucks, I'll remove it in mine until I find a fix. Let me know if you can figure out how to get around it.

Crazy, I know... but I check all scenarios I could think of. Whenever XDA_UC was not allowed to run, the data connection would work without changing the Connection settings.

I use XDA_UC to install about 10 application, load registry settings, active sync setup and to copy files to program storage. So I just deal with it until its fixed. Its not a big deal once u know what the problem is and how to fix it.

To re-enable go to Settings -> Connections -> Connections -> Advanced [tab] -> "Select Networks" [button] and then select "My ISP" in the dropdown list at the top and then press "OK".

Well, I cooked 4 roms today (Omnia and Omnia 2) ... I'm going to sleep.

Edited by yardi4life

Well, I just flashed the 28223. Booting back up now. I'll let you know if I find any issues. Thanks for the post.

Edit: Everything looks good so far. Seems to be all of the good stuff, no bloat. Any idea how to edit the auto-rotation tweaks though? Sometimes I get rotation when I don't want to.

Yeah, ROM seems solid. The included themes (even though you may not be "done" with them) are nice. Everything works. Great job.

Edited by Snow02

Guest das7771

This rom is working well for me too. I am curretnly using the 28xxx build. One problem I am having is when I install Vcast videos, the icon does not show up anywhere on the phone although it is showing that it is installed.

Also, which one is the lite rom if any. I noticed that both roms that you posted are only different by a few megabytes. So are both of these just regular roms and the lite roms are yet to come or is one of them the lite roms. in that case which one would it be. 28xxx or 23xxx build.

Thanks for the hard work you put in to these roms.

Edited by das7771

Looks like a great ROM, first I have seen that I might consider flashing, eevn though I flashed my previous i910 all the time. You keep in the things I would want. One questions, did you leave Swype in?

Thanks.

Guest yardi4life

28223 and 23529 are different developement teams reffered to has branches.

28223 WMD Branch - Has newer UI and updated IE6 (Not sure of all the deals)

23529 COM5 Branch - Has Office 2010 and Threaded messaging in Outlook with other new features.

The way things usually work is when the development is finished in the different branches, they be will merge into one.

I have not done the Lite ROMs yet. I wanted to get the 'Not so Lite rom' (I need a name for this.. any ideas?) full customized first. I figure that 250MB to install stuff is enough for now.

Thanks for complements.

das7771: Provide a link to the VCAST and I like take a look @ what happened

Edited by yardi4life

Guest yardi4life
Looks like a great ROM, first I have seen that I might consider flashing, eevn though I flashed my previous i910 all the time. You keep in the things I would want. One questions, did you leave Swype in?

Thanks.

Yes

Crazy, I know... but I check all scenarios I could think of. Whenever XDA_UC was not allowed to run, the data connection would work without changing the Connection settings.

I use XDA_UC to install about 10 application, load registry settings, active sync setup and to copy files to program storage. So I just deal with it until its fixed. Its not a big deal once u know what the problem is and how to fix it.

Well, I cooked 4 roms today (Omnia and Omnia 2) ... I'm going to sleep.

Not sure if this is related, but something (not UXDA) broke my data connection as well, and My ISP was missing as an option in Connection Settings. This was probably in the Samsung update stock ROM. Had to hard reset to fix it. So there seems to be a weakness there.

Guest yardi4life

Just released that Task Switcher is not showing the preview of running applications. Copy ScreenCapture.lnk from \Windows to \windows\Startup and soft-reset. I already fixed this in the kitchen.

FYI: I am about to submit a bug report to samsung and verizon about the dailer button not working when dailer is disable. This is a legitate problem. Apps like Spam alert Spam alert will not work properly. They'll probably fix it if alot of people complain.

Guest yardi4life
Did you make the adjustment needed to use Titanium_480x800.cpr instead of SPlugins_480x800.cpr?

Yes, I completely removed the SPlugin. Titanium in effect

Guest das7771
das7771: Provide a link to the VCAST and I like take a look @ what happened

Attached is the cab. Let me know if you need any thing else. I have tried installing twice and also installed one over the other with the same results.

VOD.CAB

Guest yardi4life
Attached is the cab. Let me know if you need any thing else. I have tried installing twice and also installed one over the other with the same results.

CAB does not have a shorcut. I will modify it and add the shortcut. If u have Resco Explorer u can use it to create the shortcut, press and holding on the file, then use the "Send To" Option

Guest das7771
CAB does not have a shorcut. I will modify it and add the shortcut. If u have Resco Explorer u can use it to create the shortcut, press and holding on the file, then use the "Send To" Option

I see what you are saying. I will try resco once I get a chance as I am supposed to be working....LOL....thanks