Scary Liquid?Scary Screen!Horrible Pictures!

Guest hearthewind

Guest Thanas_4
Hello Thanas. I am from Bulgaria and just bought Acer A1 and hope not to have this defect.

The phone I bought by internet shop in bulgaria, but it seems to be HK version. What version is yours?

I have also a proposition to the people with the problem: why not try to get here a list with serial numbers and see if there is a certain batch with factory defect.

It would be interested if we could have our serial numbers here so we can see if our devices were all from the same production line. I bought mine on December from Expansys. About Christina, I am not sure if it is right to say her email from here, but I found it online so if you search you can find it. However it isn't needed because if you just send an email you acer italy service it will be ok. She is not on the responsible department for service so it maybe isnt the right thing to do to bother her with a lot of cases that are the same. If your case is like the pictures posted in this forum then they will probably treat you all the same way if you send it to acer italy (if they accept it first). I sent my phone today and I will update you if something happens. I miss it already!

Guest Thanas_4
Be nice to your phone, there should have no problem at all. :(

If you ask why all the broken LCDs are at the top right hand corner, because it's the weakest point.

But weakest point did not mean it is a defect.

If you mean to drop it often, buy a Nokia 6150 classic. :(

I dissagree with that, we really take care of our phones and this is clearly a manufacturing problem. It cant be right that the screen goes like that with so little pressure. Some of us just had the phone in their pockets before seeing that happen. It shouldnt be so sensitive. I cant believe that someone would have an acer liquid and treat the device badly. We understand that by having a screen this big makes it fragile but not so much!

Hi to all...

Now I want to post a good thing about Acer. After several emails, now they are going to look for it... I would like to thanks to everybody, especially Cristina from Acer that was the first to take a look at it (it was posted in this forum), but it seems that several departments from different countries are now aware of the problem and that is very good in terms of customer care. I would like to acknowledge that this is a major step in restoring my trust in Acer. Let´s see how it goes from here.

I´ll get you updated as soon as I have news... I think that we should show the negative and the positive aspects...and this is really a very positive aspect from Acer.

Guest scrap2434
Hi to all...

Now I want to post a good thing about Acer. After several emails, now they are going to look for it... I would like to thanks to everybody, especially Cristina from Acer that was the first to take a look at it (it was posted in this forum), but it seems that several departments from different countries are now aware of the problem and that is very good in terms of customer care. I would like to acknowledge that this is a major step in restoring my trust in Acer. Let´s see how it goes from here.

I´ll get you updated as soon as I have news... I think that we should show the negative and the positive aspects...and this is really a very positive aspect from Acer.

Agree 100%. After some initial heartache, Acer (led by Acer Italy) are really doing the right thing

Guest D3StRoY
Hi to all...

+1, always handy :(

Guest schprlock

I have the same problem. Never dropped it. One time I took it out of my pocket (and it was protected by a soft case) and the screen had a black spider-web pattern which then turned black and started to expand.

If I leave it quiet at home, it stops expanding, but if I use it for a day, the mark will be bigger.

sany1235.jpg

Guest au_stevo

Just happened to me too, never dropped the phone, it's only a month or so old, I'm extra cautious. Anyways, was charging my phone today, picked it up afterward and noticed the top right was leaking. I'm in Australia where Acer won't offer any support on this, bullshit.

Guest Thanas_4
Just happened to me too, never dropped the phone, it's only a month or so old, I'm extra cautious. Anyways, was charging my phone today, picked it up afterward and noticed the top right was leaking. I'm in Australia where Acer won't offer any support on this, bullshit.

Try to contact acer italy. It doesnt matter that you are from australia. I have sent mine and they have received it a week ago and I wait to see what is going to happen

Guest au_stevo
Try to contact acer italy. It doesnt matter that you are from australia. I have sent mine and they have received it a week ago and I wait to see what is going to happen

Thanks. I might wait to see what happens with yours.

Guest Jelba

Hi,

Another one here! What should i do? I tried to reache ACER Contact Center in Portugal but the call dies in the mobile and the cable phone network without even start talking with no one! After 6 our 12 seg the lines drops dead!

Can anybody give me a hint?

1003326f.jpg

By the hours de screen is getting worst:(

Guest iakonadub

Yeah, my screen broke at the worst possible time, I'm in london travelling and the buttom half has a diagonal crack on it making only 1/4th of the screen touchable(the bezel buttons work(home,search,back,menu).

Does anyone know how i can navigate through the phone with the buttons(bezel buttons, audio buttons?)

Guest ma4000

um...how long does it usually take for acer support to replace a broken screen?

mine was sent in (via expansys) february, 14th, and they (expansys) still haven't any information about how much longer it will take.

how long did it take for you, who you already had your liquid repaired?

Guest ma4000

yes, but also the others, as it normally should take the same time.

although a week ago expansys said they'd mail me if they get any new information, i'll send them a mail tomorrow. perhaps they forgot me or could make a little pressure on acer :)

Edited by ma4000

Guest Juan_OX

may be an bad assembly in the ear music plug (that with a little forcement it broke the glass of the rear screen side)?

to the affected: ussually uses the 3,5 plug?? remember any crash or push to the wire?

i hope acer repair all your phones, may be a good idea enviate all the broken screen photos.

Guest Jelba

Hello,

I finnaly talk to the assistant in Acer Portugal, and the first thing he told me was, if the screen has a leak it will be 30€ for transportation and more for the new lcd. I explained the situation, that more people has the same problem and it didn't make any diference.

Know by all tha you've read would you all repair your mobile at your expenses? Knowing first hand that probably the same would happen if it drops our in the grossary if some one "hit's" you?

I dont think the local of the purchase is of relevance here, since we have seen reports from several diferente countries.

Know i will trie to reache acer italy. Maybe they will be more receptive to my situation! This situation/problem realy sucks!:)

Best regards.

Edited by Jelba

Guest Thanas_4

Hey guys this Wednesday I got a message from Acer in my phone, they said that my device has been repaired and that I will get it in 3 working days. Probably I will get it this monday which I think it makes 1 month since I had sent it to Acer Italy. Of course they didnt charge me at all. I cant wait to see my liquid back!

Guest Ricky`
Hey guys this Wednesday I got a message from Acer in my phone, they said that my device has been repaired and that I will get it in 3 working days. Probably I will get it this monday which I think it makes 1 month since I had sent it to Acer Italy. Of course they didnt charge me at all. I cant wait to see my liquid back!

I was officially the first (as acer said) that have replaced the LCD with one that has problems. Fortunately I live near acer Italy and brought it personally.I must wait another time in addition to what I waited. I hope your not having problems....

Guest scrap2434

I am in Australia and reported mine a while ago now. Anyway, Acer Italy contacted me and they sent me a new phone. Obviously this happened before they decided to start repairing them. Acer Italy are fantastic, it is a shame that Acer in other countries aren't being more helpful.

Good luck.

Guest Jelba

Hello.

So by all that we can read here, the only ones that got there situation solved where those who directly reached Cristina in the Acer Italy! Correct?

The other guys like me that in there countrys didn't get the feedback they hopped and that contact Acer Italy via the website steel trying to have some answer to theis situations!

Is what i said correct?

Cumps

Guest JKDgolden

tried to connect acer Italy today. but receive a reply, which kinda like an automatic reply,

saying something like "thank you for contacting us...We invite you to resubmit its request on the following link..." blablabla and gave me the link of acer UK...

seems not so helpful...

what shall I do??

Guest ma4000

well, mine came back repaired today :)

neither expansys nor acer sent me a mail that it's being sent back, but i'm happy to have it back after well over one month.

too bad that i played a lot with it today, as i'm writing an important exam tomorrow^^