Samsung WidgetPlus for Lite rom user (updated on 02/21/10)

Guest NewForce

Guest NewForce

02/21/10 update,

I had just flashed my Omnia2 to secany JB1 rom 3 days ago (thanks secany). After toying with it for a few days,

found that JB1 contained newer files for Samsung WidgetPlus app and it has much faster speed and smoother in page & widget swiping.

So I had decided to repack this Samsung WidgetPlus installation file.

Changes in my new Samsung WidgetPlus JB1 installation file.

1. Now packed with widget installer, so you are able to install new widget onto WidgetPlus.

2. Page 1, 2 & 3 icons removed from WidgetPlus Desktop screen, this to enable all of you enjoying your beloved wallpaper more.

Take notes,

1.Please un-install any other version than mine. For those who's already installed my old file,

my new installation file will prompt you to un-install the old one, do so and continue to install the new one to Device only

2. After installed it go to, Settings > Display and Light > "Items on Today" and just click done will activate it. Or Soft reset your Omnia2.

3. In order for Opera & Youtube widgets to work, you need to install them. You can find my packed Opera app installation file here, Opera Mobile 9.5 Build 18452 JB1

For Youtube, please do a search for it.

Below the screenshots of it. Enjoy! ;)

post-31662-1266719146_thumb.jpg post-31662-1266719156_thumb.jpg post-31662-1266719164_thumb.jpg post-31662-1266719175_thumb.jpg post-31662-1266719473_thumb.jpg post-31662-1266719483_thumb.jpg

Samsung WidgetPlus 022010 Part1 file.

Samsung_WidgetPlus_JB1_022010__NewForce_.part1.rar

Older JA5 revision WidgetPlus removed

If you appreciation my work, just buy me a drink by clicking below donate button :D

post-31662-1268298077_thumb.gif

Edited by NewForce

It's looking good!

If I ever decide to flash a non-official ROM I'll be sure to install this, I really like Samsung's homescreen for some reason.

But... why are those huge three numbers on the top of the screen? I know they indicate which page you're on, but they look too big! In the home screen that came with my phone (European standard Omnia II), those three pages are represented by very small lines that don't take much screen space.

Guest NewForce
It's looking good!

If I ever decide to flash a non-official ROM I'll be sure to install this, I really like Samsung's homescreen for some reason.

But... why are those huge three numbers on the top of the screen? I know they indicate which page you're on, but they look too big! In the home screen that came with my phone (European standard Omnia II), those three pages are represented by very small lines that don't take much screen space.

That's the signature of new WidgetPlus from the latest secany JA5 rom.

It wasn't my wrong doing and nothing I can do about it.

Samsung WidgetPlus 022010 Part3 file.

Samsung_WidgetPlus_JB1_022010__NewForce_.part3.rar

Edited by NewForce

Guest Dreamcloud

i just install on my kstan-lite-23529-ja5... after install, i set today to widgetplus but nothing show up.. did try restart the phone but still does not work.. ; ;

Guest speedfrog
i just install on my kstan-lite-23529-ja5... after install, i set today to widgetplus but nothing show up.. did try restart the phone but still does not work.. ; ;

did you install it to Device only?

Guest NewForce

Dreamcloud,

Strange... like what speedfrog said, did you install it to device?

Currently I'm on KSTAN WM 6.5.5 build 23518 rom and my WidgetPlus pack work just fine.

Guest NewForce
Dreamcloud,

Strange... like what speedfrog said, did you install it to device?

Currently I'm on KSTAN WM 6.5.5 build 23518 rom and my WidgetPlus pack work just fine.

Can all bro & sis that has downloaded my WidgetPlus pack, care to feedback does it work fine? What version of rom you're on?

Many thanks in advance to those folk who able to help to feedback. ;)

Guest francis_fds

Hi NewForce,

Installed WidgetPlus to device, but appears and disappears on the today screen. Am using kstan lite rom 23529. Had downloaded widget plus from some sites earlier when was using the 23518 rom and had exactly the same behaviour. Havent tried this widgetplus with 23518 yet.

Francis.

UPDATE -The widgetplus cab I had downloaded earlier from some chinese site is working now. I installed it over your version and now am getting it on the today screen. unable to understand this behaviour. When I installed this one, it did not ask if I want to uninstall previous version, even though the cab provided by you was already installed. After installation, when I check on the today screen, can see only one widgetplus. NewForce, maybe this might help you in someway in understanding the unusual behaviour.

Edited by francis_fds

Guest Dreamcloud

yap.. i did install onto the device... like what francis said , it just appears and disappears on the today screen

anything to do with the e-boot or phone version?

i'm using,

PDA: I8000NXXJA5 (kstan lite rom 23529)

CSC: I8000XSOIJ2

PHONE: I8000DXIJ1

Edited by Dreamcloud

Guest NewForce
yap.. i did install onto the device... like what francis said , it just appears and disappears on the today screen

anything to do with the e-boot or phone version?

i'm using,

PDA: I8000NXXJA5 (kstan lite rom 23529)

CSC: I8000XSOIJ2

PHONE: I8000DXIJ1

Ok, I had just flashed to kstan 23529 lite rom moment ago. Confirmed my WidgetPlus pack don't work normally on this rom.

After some check, I had no idea why it "disappear" on the Today screen on this rom. Seem like there's some issue with this rom.

Now I'm back on kstan-lite-23518-ja5-020210 rom, and my WidgetPlus work just normally without an issue.

As some troubles are quite annoying, I'll continue to stick with this for a while. ;)

Guest francis_fds

Hi NewForce,

Like I had said earlier, installing two widgetplus makes it work on the latest kstan rom. Am attaching the widgetplus cab that I have. Installing this one over your version or vice versa, either ways makes it work on the today screen. If your version is installed later, the '1,2,3' pages numbers are visible on today screen. If the other can is installed on top of your cab, then '---' are seen in place of those page numbers. So ideally both when installed together work fine.

Strange thing to note is that in the Today item selection, it shows only one widgetplus. And if either of the versions is uninstalled, it doesnt show up at all in the Today item selection, even though remove program shows that one version is still installed. Also, after it is working fine, if either version is uninstalled, it starts exhibiting same behaviour as before, appearing and vanishing from today screen. Hence it seems like each of those two cabs have files that support the other.

Am trying to upload the widgetplus file after splitting it through winzip, but get an error that am not permitted to upload this type of file. Is it possible for me to email you the cab file?

Francis.

Guest NewForce
Hi NewForce,

Like I had said earlier, installing two widgetplus makes it work on the latest kstan rom. Am attaching the widgetplus cab that I have. Installing this one over your version or vice versa, either ways makes it work on the today screen. If your version is installed later, the '1,2,3' pages numbers are visible on today screen. If the other can is installed on top of your cab, then '---' are seen in place of those page numbers. So ideally both when installed together work fine.

Strange thing to note is that in the Today item selection, it shows only one widgetplus. And if either of the versions is uninstalled, it doesnt show up at all in the Today item selection, even though remove program shows that one version is still installed. Also, after it is working fine, if either version is uninstalled, it starts exhibiting same behaviour as before, appearing and vanishing from today screen. Hence it seems like each of those two cabs have files that support the other.

Am trying to upload the widgetplus file after splitting it through winzip, but get an error that am not permitted to upload this type of file. Is it possible for me to email you the cab file?

Francis.

Ah... now I fully understand what you mean. A few things to about your experience,

1. 2 different ppl pack the installation file & name it differently, therefore system would not prompt you to un-install the other version.

2. Item on Today selection name purely depend on the name inputted in system registry. Look like the other version you'd installed appear to have the same name like mine inputted into system registry.

Just moment ago I'd hard reset my Omnia-2 with KSTAN 23518 JA5 rom.

The first app I re-install was my WidgetPlus pack. It appear now I having the same situation like yours.

After some analysis what's the problem it appear to be, if Opera Browser was not installed, my WidgetPlus will appear that way.

It's getting late, I'll try to fix this problem by tomorrow if time permitted.

Last, I had sent you a pm.

Edited by NewForce

Guest NewForce

With the help of some users like Dreamcloud, jkgtan, rogue117 & francis_fds problem feedback (Thanks folks!)

I had found the actual problem of previous pack file & updated my Samsung WidgetPlus installation file on today, 021010.

I've believed, it should now fully workable on all Lite ROM.

For users that has downloaded this app earlier, Please re-download the latest repack installation winrar files again.

Take notes, please un-install any other version than mine. For those who's already installed my old file,

my new installation file will prompt you to un-install the old one, do so and continue to install the new one to Device only

I am truly sorry for your trouble & inconveniences!

Enjoy!

Guest francis_fds

Dear NewForce,

Thank you for all the trouble and efforts you have taken. Have downloaded the updated file and am checking. Will post back in a few minutes.

Francis

update : Confirmed, working perfect.

NewForce, just something which you could look at perhaps. It is not important, but gives a little space back on the screen, however little. The page numbers on top, can it be replaced with hyphens / dashes as you would see in the widgetplus cab I sent?

Since you have understood the inner working of widgetplus, is it possible to move those dashes further above on the screen, as lots of space is wasted above it. Am trying to fit certain widgets on the today screen and even the slightest extra space would help.

Thank you once again.

Francis

Edited by francis_fds

Guest NewForce
Dear NewForce,

Thank you for all the trouble and efforts you have taken. Have downloaded the updated file and am checking. Will post back in a few minutes.

Francis

update : Confirmed, working perfect.

NewForce, just something which you could look at perhaps. It is not important, but gives a little space back on the screen, however little. The page numbers on top, can it be replaced with hyphens / dashes as you would see in the widgetplus cab I sent?

Since you have understood the inner working of widgetplus, is it possible to move those dashes further above on the screen, as lots of space is wasted above it. Am trying to fit certain widgets on the today screen and even the slightest extra space would help.

Thank you once again.

Francis

Hi Francis,

No mention at all. I thank you again for trying-out my work plus your valueble feedback that eventually make my work much better.

For the little space on Today screen, it was due to new height size of the top & bottom bar height that the new WM6.5.x OS adapted.

Currently nobody including rom masters, have any idea how to fix old apps running perfectly on it.

Btw, I never work with a ShockWave Flash file before, so am not sure what I can do with the flash file that use in WidgetPlus.

I'll let you know if I can have any progress about it. ;)

Edited by NewForce

Guest NewForce
The page numbers on top, can it be replaced with hyphens / dashes as you would see in the widgetplus cab I sent?

Thank you once again.

Francis

Hi Francis,

How about the one below? I'd removed page number, but all 3 pages still workable.

post-31662-1265815592_thumb.jpg post-31662-1265815608_thumb.jpg post-31662-1265815629_thumb.jpg

If you like it this way, here's the file,

WidgetPlus___No_Page_Icon.rar

Remember,

1. Disable Samsung WidgetPlus in "Items on Today" setting.

2. Backup the original WidgetPlus.swf file in "\Windows" folder to somewhere else first, in case you don;t like the mod one.

3. Extract my editor WidgetPlus.swf file and copy it to "\Windows" folder.

4. Re-enable Samsung WidgetPlus in "Items on Today" setting.

Guest francis_fds

Dear NewForce,

Thank you so much once again. That was really quick. I will try the file you provided. I wasnt referring to the space above the today screen. I was infact referring to the space above those numbers which you removed. There was quite some free space above the numbers, which can now be used to place a widget.

Thanks once again,

Francis

Guest NewForce
Dear NewForce,

Thank you so much once again. That was really quick. I will try the file you provided. I wasnt referring to the space above the today screen. I was infact referring to the space above those numbers which you removed. There was quite some free space above the numbers, which can now be used to place a widget.

Thanks once again,

Francis

Hi Francis,

No mentio again bro. I see, I'd mis-understood your point.

I hope you like my mod version as it now does not content any page no. icons anymore and more useful for your need.

Cheer and have fun! ;)

Guest francis_fds

Hi New Force,

Your mod is working perfect, looks great and gives me extra space on the screen. Thank you. Am attaching screenshots of my screen here. It is looking exactly the way I want, thanks to you.

Just out of curiosity, how easy is it to add / remove those numbers / dashes? Is there possibility of more than three screens also? Just fantasizing, but how do u think it would look if there were numbers vertically on the right edge of the today screen? the space after the widgets are aligned? and if the number of pages supported go beyond 3, then in that vertical space, I guess atleast 15 numbers could fit in. What do I need to learn if I want to do such mod?

Francis.

post-632712-1265884596_thumb.jpg

post-632712-1265884614_thumb.jpg

post-632712-1265884629_thumb.jpg

Guest NewForce
Hi New Force,

Your mod is working perfect, looks great and gives me extra space on the screen. Thank you. Am attaching screenshots of my screen here. It is looking exactly the way I want, thanks to you.

Just out of curiosity, how easy is it to add / remove those numbers / dashes? Is there possibility of more than three screens also? Just fantasizing, but how do u think it would look if there were numbers vertically on the right edge of the today screen? the space after the widgets are aligned? and if the number of pages supported go beyond 3, then in that vertical space, I guess atleast 15 numbers could fit in. What do I need to learn if I want to do such mod?

Francis.

Hi Francis,

I'm happy that you like it.

Well... remove the icons with small tool like Flash Eraser was an easy task. But if you want fully editing the flash, it gonna need more premium fully license flash building apps, which was not feasible for me to do so. Adding more page need more in-depth flash knowledges which obviously I don't have it.

The current WidgetPlus with only 3 pages flash already taken up more than 12MB system running RAM space with only 1 widget on page 1. Adding more widget to the 3 pages will not only further occupy more system ram (upto 8MB), but at the same time will take more time for the phone to boot-up too. So if we add more pages to WidgetPlus flash file, it will only add more burden to system RAM. We're talking about multiple pages WidgetPlus that occpied more than 24MB system ram, which is something most WM users don't enjoy having it.

Lastly, no matter where we put those pages icons, it gonna look ugly to our beloved wallpapers that we used on Omnia2 desktop.

That's also the reason why I don't like HTC devices with touch 2d/3d/sense. If i do, then I wouldn't had bought a Samsung Omnia2. ;)

Guest francis_fds

Dear NewForce,

Thank for the detailed responses. I think I ought to begin learning flash seeing this lovely end results. Can any flash file be used if it is named as Widgetplus.swf ?

Francis

Guest NewForce
Dear NewForce,

Thank for the detailed responses. I think I ought to begin learning flash seeing this lovely end results. Can any flash file be used if it is named as Widgetplus.swf ?

Francis

Francis,

No, not any file can be use as Samsung WidgetPlus "WidgetPlus.swf" flash file.

"WidgetPlus.swf" not only consist of picture, animation and others, but it is also consist of tonnes of movement/clicking script lines.

So when you click on particular screen area or apps widget, WidgetPlus will know what is that and repsonse with particular action.

That mean, it is very time consuming & not an easy task to compile or re-compile a WidgetPlus.swf file, at least for me. ;)