AutoKiller minfree manager

Guest RatSon

Guest masterpfa
AutoKiller reached 10k downloads. thank you all <_<

Our pleasure Thank You. Just got a Pulse and will be trying it out on that, will let you know with feedback. :mellow:

Guest RatSon
Our pleasure Thank You. Just got a Pulse and will be trying it out on that, will let you know with feedback. <_<

i appreciate any feedback, please note i wont be able to work on AK during the next week, will continue after i come back from abroad..

Guest Tebo2K

Hallo,

just tried upgrading to version 2 and, although the icons are still on my desktop and the program icon is still in the programs folder, every time I click on it it tells me that the program linked to is no longer installed.....I'll try uninstalling then reinstalling to see if that fixes it...

Cheers

Iain

ok - a reboot seemed to do the trick but I still had to delete the presets from my home screen and re-add them. Not a big issue but had me confused for a second :-) Love the program tho!

Edited by Tebo2K

Guest Tebo2K
yes with 2.0 i also refactored the application, so you have to recreate icons and shortcuts. i hope you dont mind :)

Not at all, just wanted to let you know in case it wasn't a planned feature ;)

Guest Tebo2K

RatSon,

Quick question for you - does this work on Android 2.1 as well? I'm eyeing up Villain 4.0 and would want to use this app as it works so well on MCR3.2.

Cheers and thanks for all your work

Iain

Guest JamesKing

Hiya,

Just downloaded this app. I'm running MCR 3.2 with the task killer tweak applied in the app. I thought I'd run this to see how customisation works. The reason is because I find it very frustrating when my browser keeps closing with the tweaks as applied in MCR 3.2. I keep losing the pages I was on and have to navigate back to them which can take some time if you have 4 browsers open, etc.

So, I installed your program. I saw the list of processes and saw that there was an option to "keep alive" for each process (by long pressing). So I did this for the browser, and it set OOM = -17. From what I can make out from your program, this is exactly what I want! It's very high priority and should never be shut down!

I rebooted my phone, and when I run AutoKiller again, the OOM for browser has been reset back to higher values (it varies, depending on its state, I think, but it’s usually around about 8), of between 7 and 10.

Am I doing something wrong? Or am I misunderstanding how this works? Or will it not work unless I change my MCR rom to not include this tweak?

Thanks,

James

Guest RatSon
Hiya,

Just downloaded this app. I'm running MCR 3.2 with the task killer tweak applied in the app. I thought I'd run this to see how customisation works. The reason is because I find it very frustrating when my browser keeps closing with the tweaks as applied in MCR 3.2. I keep losing the pages I was on and have to navigate back to them which can take some time if you have 4 browsers open, etc.

So, I installed your program. I saw the list of processes and saw that there was an option to "keep alive" for each process (by long pressing). So I did this for the browser, and it set OOM = -17. From what I can make out from your program, this is exactly what I want! It's very high priority and should never be shut down!

I rebooted my phone, and when I run AutoKiller again, the OOM for browser has been reset back to higher values (it varies, depending on its state, I think, but it’s usually around about 8), of between 7 and 10.

Am I doing something wrong? Or am I misunderstanding how this works? Or will it not work unless I change my MCR rom to not include this tweak?

Thanks,

James

this is a little bit complicated, chack the home page for details.

in a few words, oom value is handled by the os, and cannot be set persistantly. this setting is to keep alive background process. foreground process' oom is set to 0 always.

Guest RatSon
Hiya,

Thanks,

James

it works fine with 2.1, i also use V4.0b2.

AutoKiller is included in Villian ROMs

I think you should put up a second version of this app, a paid for/Donate one. I'd totally buy it. You've gotta start charging for this at some point, it transforms phones.

Guest tdohappens
I think you should put up a second version of this app, a paid for/Donate one. I'd totally buy it. You've gotta start charging for this at some point, it transforms phones.

you do know there is a lovely donate heart-shaped button in the app that redirects you to a paypal page don't you?

i would of thought the task manager would be part of the "paid" version of the app. deep inside i always knew that a task manager was inevitable.

autokiller = free

autokiller + task killer = paid

it's a bit too late for this idea i guess

maybe a new awesome feature or maybe some ads for the free version

@ratson: i love the app. congratz

you do know there is a lovely donate heart-shaped button in the app that redirects you to a paypal page don't you?

i would of thought the task manager would be part of the "paid" version of the app. deep inside i always knew that a task manager was inevitable.

autokiller = free

autokiller + task killer = paid

it's a bit too late for this idea i guess

maybe a new awesome feature or maybe some ads for the free version

@ratson: i love the app. congratz

Yeah, I've seen the donate thing. I just reckon that according to testimonials from other developers that people don't bother. Also, it'd be nice to "properly" recognise the App. Not sure what the difference is but there's something there in my mind.

Guest daweed60
Dude this should work, But you should consider rooting the Legend first because this needs Root Access.

thanks for your fast reply^^

DO you know how could i root this phone? (i'm new to android...)

Guest Streetdaddy

definitely made my hero perform better without have to use advanced task killer to kill certain tasks regularly, but it decreased the battery life by 30-40%. Normally i would get 24-36 hours between charges with normal use, but with AK i only get maybe 12-18 hours... is this expected?