Photo

Application for exploring EXT. partition?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

dino_mk

dino_mk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Pulse
What app should I use to explore my extended partition, or to view how much space is used (or free) on it?

_melchett

_melchett

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:T Mobile Pulse (FLB1.1)

What app should I use to explore my extended partition, or to view how much space is used (or free) on it?

This is an extreme way, but it will make your life richer :D Download a linux (i suggest Ubuntu) live disk and use that. It will show the ext partition like it is another harddrive/flash drive.

And the tyranny of windows/osx is overcome. (although XP is still my default :D )

EDIT: just saw you put app, sorry . Haven't searched for one yet, but i still suggest trying linux

Edited by _melchett, 17 February 2010 - 02:48 PM.

dino_mk

dino_mk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Pulse

This is an extreme way, but it will make your life richer :D Download a linux (i suggest Ubuntu) live disk and use that. It will show the ext partition like it is another harddrive/flash drive.

And the tyranny of windows/osx is overcome. (although XP is still my default :D )

EDIT: just saw you put app, sorry . Haven't searched for one yet, but i still suggest trying linux

Thanks! It's not that extreme, I already have all versions of ubuntu plus some other (fedora...). On my old laptop was having linux partition with installed ubuntu on it, I guess it is time to do it on my new pc too.

EDIT: Just try it with live ubuntu 9.10 disk, it doesn't work. Or am I doing something wrong?

Edited by dino_mk, 18 February 2010 - 12:03 AM.

_melchett

_melchett

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:T Mobile Pulse (FLB1.1)

Thanks! It's not that extreme, I already have all versions of ubuntu plus some other (fedora...). On my old laptop was having linux partition with installed ubuntu on it, I guess it is time to do it on my new pc too.

EDIT: Just try it with live ubuntu 9.10 disk, it doesn't work. Or am I doing something wrong?

I had alot of problems with the 9.10 live disk, try the 9.04. There is always the 9.10 alternative cd they produce, but i don't think this works as a live cd (ie you will have to install) I think you can upgrade from an old version in the update manager (or something along the lines of sudo apt-get install upgrade in the terminal - i have never tried that option). TBH i prefer 9.04 to 9.10 anyway.

http://www.ubuntu.co...rrors#alternate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users