[ROM]Ninja4hire *Black vs. Blue* (DG21) v9.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire

bvb_21914-95.png

NEW Titanium Panel Colors (All semi transparent )

panel3.pngpanel1.png

panel2.pngpanel4.png

panel5.png

Click here for cab download folder < 4shared >

Special Notes

Please update your phone with the latest Samsung DG21 update before flashing this rom.

After you flash and XDA_UC has installed fully, I would probably soft reset the phone for good measure. This will make sure all installed programs are fully installed.

To use XDA_UC

Before you flash my rom, make a folder on your "Storage Card" called XDA_UC. Make a folder in that folder called SD. Whatever you want installed to main memory will go in XDA_UC folder.

If you want to choose the install location, use the SD folder. Should be working 100%, but let me know if you have any issues.

Please let me know if you have any issues or if you want something in/out of the rom

version 9.5m

After a soft rest

Storage: 229mb - ish

Program: Around 89mb

Whats New?

UPDATE v9.5m

Nothing really

Now has DG21 update so that's cool.

UPDATE v9.0m

Build now 21914

Made NinjaBlue the default theme

change the colors a bit on the titanium & menu bars

UPDATE v8.9m

Build now 21909 (double rainbow all the way!)

UPDATE v8.7m

Build now 21908

Change the name of rom (reason enough to download!)

Added DB_TPlayer

Updated Touch Player with i8000 version

Added AMD's SecDialer favorites fix

Updated SDK to v2.2

UPDATE v8.5m

Build now 21907 - Thanks AMD

Finally set the middle triangle button to do something: Press(startmenu) / Hold(slide2shutdown)

Removed "Fully Charged" pop up message that does not go away

Added Office 2010

Changed a few start menu icons.

Removed "Search Phone" and replaced it with "Samsung Smart Search". (was always on the phone, but never made it to the start menu)

Previous Updates can be found in the "update sheet" attached below.

update_sheet.txt

Removed (what I can remember)

All Verizon bloatware

Samsung MainMenu, Cube, Task Switcher, File Manager, Touchwiz homescreens

Solitaire and Bubble game

Opera

Bing, Live Search

Facebook

Removed all SPlugins files so now it uses Titanium_480x800.cpr

Various small things that don't affect use.

Samsung Ringtones

Added

PHM RegEdit

OpenGLESv1

Slide2Shutdown

Advanced Config 3.3

WakeUPOnSMS

XDA_UC

Orientation Detection v1

SDK 2.2

Sparta Startap

Changed

Updated "Microsoft Myphone" to latest version

Updated .Net to CF3.5

Changed Page Pool size to 24mb

Made Windows settings visible in start menu.

Please see my other roms at XDA

Download

Ninja4hire_DG21_21914_v9.5m - < 4Shared >

Archive

Ninja4hire_DC23_21914_v9.0m - < 4Shared >

Hot Fixes & Useful Items

Samsung SDK Redist 2.0 - v2.2 Pre-installed in latest rom

Samsung Default Ringtones - Just incase you want them

Original Titanium clear indicator bar thing (This rom uses a blue one that is slightly larger)

OG_bronzeres_dll.cab

---------------

Like it? A simple "Thanks" will do, but feel free to buy me a shuriken if you must. donate.png

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire
I just flashed your v2 last night and it's pretty sweet. I'm running spb mobile with naong mobile sense 3.53.

Thanks! There's not to much different in v3. I managed to squeeze some more free space out of it, so that is cool.

Guest das7771

I flashed this rom about 3 hours ago and so far I think it's great. I also like the black and blue. The ninja is wise....lol...thanks for a great rom. Keep up the good work and keep'em coming.

Please, what every you do on your updates, do not take out the samsung keypad. I like that better than swype and can type much better on it.

Update

Two things that I have noticed so far is that the home screen customizer app. that you can get off of windows marketplace does not change any of the panels. When I add or remove panels it just stays the same as if I just flashed the rom. I can not make any changes to titanium when using this program. I have not tried the chome editor from showaco yet, but it may work. I just like the home screen customizer as it is easy to use. For now I am using gchris's custom home screen it works fine.

Another thing is that when logging in to VVM from verizon the key pad to put in your password has no numbers on it. It's just a blank keypad. Not a big deal becuse its easy to figure out which key to press, but it's the first time I have seen this in a rom. Just thought this might be helpful in some whay.

Edited by das7771

Guest Ninja4Hire
Two things that I have noticed so far is that the home screen customizer app. that you can get off of windows marketplace does not change any of the panels. When I add or remove panels it just stays the same as if I just flashed the rom. I can not make any changes to titanium when using this program. I have not tried the chome editor from showaco yet, but it may work. I just like the home screen customizer as it is easy to use. For now I am using gchris's custom home screen it works fine.

Another thing is that when logging in to VVM from verizon the key pad to put in your password has no numbers on it. It's just a blank keypad. Not a big deal becuse its easy to figure out which key to press, but it's the first time I have seen this in a rom. Just thought this might be helpful in some whay.

I'll check out the customizer. I have never used it, but I assume if it has a problem then so will showaco's app. I also have a VVM account, so I will download a cab and check it out. Get back to you.... Thanks for letting me know ;)

UPDATE: It looks like even though the phone is using Titanium_480x800.cpr for windows default, homescreen customizer and showaco CHome Editor are looking for SPlugins_480x800.cpr. That tells me something in my rom is not still pointing wrong.

VVM issue: I installed it and noticed the same thing. I think it has to do with the cabs that are available. I am going to try and either make a new cab from the actual Omnia 2 files, or just leave the file in that makes the password screen work correctly.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest das7771
I'll check out the customizer. I have never used it, but I assume if it has a problem then so will showaco's app. I also have a VVM account, so I will download a cab and check it out. Get back to you.... Thanks for letting me know ;)

UPDATE: It looks like even though the phone is using Titanium_480x800.cpr for windows default, homescreen customizer and showaco CHome Editor are looking for SPlugins_480x800.cpr. That tells me something in my rom is not still pointing wrong.

VVM issue: I installed it and noticed the same thing. I think it has to do with the cabs that are available. I am going to try and either make a new cab from the actual Omnia 2 files, or just leave the file in that makes the password screen work correctly.

One thing that I did notice using the home screen customizer is that it shows the samsung plugins along with the titanium plugins.

Guest Ninja4Hire
I tried to install your rom and my device will not be detected, I followed the instructions http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...h-on-windows-7/ that was discussed on this post to the T and it still will not work. Can you please help me?!?!

I'm not sure what went wrong for you. I have never been able to use windows 7 successfully for flashing anyone's rom. I do all my rom stuff at work on a xp machine. I actually have not tried the method on the link you provided, so I will try that when I get home and see if I have better results.

Guest Andrew Steele
I'm not sure what went wrong for you. I have never been able to use windows 7 successfully for flashing anyone's rom. I do all my rom stuff at work on a xp machine. I actually have not tried the method on the link you provided, so I will try that when I get home and see if I have better results.

yeah im going to install windows xp on my other hard drive here.. just waiting for it to finish downloading lol

Guest das7771
yeah im going to install windows xp on my other hard drive here.. just waiting for it to finish downloading lol

I was having the same issue as you Andrew, following that guide did nothing for me. Try the steps below its almost the same but it has some extra details that the other guide does not have, but it's the same concept

1. start windows with device driver signing disabled (F8 at start up).

2. Then once your win7 64-bit system is up, open devicemanager.

3. turn off the phone and connect it.

4. once you see the Samsung Mit show up, right click on it and click update driver software.

5. browse my computer for driver software

6. let me pick from a list of device drivers on my comptuer.

7. click next (if the phone has disconnected ie battery meter is showing)

8. click have disk

9. navigate to the proper driver for win7 64-bit.

10. BEFORE you click on next after selecting the .inf file, unplug and replug the phone back in.

11. Then click next

12. You will see it start to load, and you may need to reboot the computer.

13. If it does ask you to reboot remember to DISABLE device driver on boot up (F8 again).

Windows 7 (especially 64-bit) only lets you use signed drivers. Even after you do all of this you may need to do it again if you ever flash your phone again.

MAKE SURE you have octans loaded (not mini either) and select the flash file using PDA button.

tick the Skip over waiting for booting completely checkbox

tick the Start downloading immediately checkbox

the click detect

Before you do step three already have device manager open becuase the Mobile Devices list which is where you need to go for step four will only show for about 3 seconds after plugging your phone(turned off) in. Once the battery icon begins to show on your waited to long. Once the mobile device list pops up click on the arrow next to it and select update drivers. By this time your phone will have disconnected but its ok becuase you will have already accessed the next menu that you need. Resume to following the instructions to step 10. Make sure that your phone is still off and plug your phone back in and then do step 11(about a second after pluggin your phone back in. I would only wait about one sec after pluggin the phone in before clikcing next as indicated in step 11. The way you can tell if it was successful is to go back to device manager plug your phone back in and click on properties under the samsung mits drivers in Mobile devices and check the driver date. It should be an earlier version now. I also followed the i8000 guide and it never worked unitl AMDZero showed me these steps with a little more detail so credits go to him if it works for you.

I found that the reason my drivers would not update was becuase I was not unplugging/plugging the phone back in before step 11 and so the drivers were never detected under Mobile Devices list in the device manager once I tried to update. Like I said before you only have about 3 seconds before the battery chargin icon comes on. Once you see the battery icon your phone has already been disconnected. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it and I can flash a few tims in about 2 or 3 hours before having to restart my comp.

Hope this helps

Edited by das7771

Guest Ninja4Hire
I have noticed so far is that the home screen customizer app. that you can get off of windows marketplace does not change any of the panels. When I add or remove panels it just stays the same as if I just flashed the rom. I can not make any changes to titanium when using this program. I have not tried the chome editor from showaco yet, but it may work. I just like the home screen customizer as it is easy to use. For now I am using gchris's custom home screen it works fine.

This issue should be fixed now

Guest das7771
This issue should be fixed now

Great...Will try it tonight....Thanks!

**Update**

Homescreen customizer works perfectly thanks Ninja.

Edited by das7771

Guest Ninja4Hire

I'm not sure what I did, but I was having issues with editing the Titanium again, so I adjusted the mortscript I wrote. I also added some colors to the start bar and large indicators. Nothing major was done, so I made it v4.5.

Thanks to everyone who likes it. I'm pretty new at this, and the only time I work on my rom is when I should be doing my paid job!! :(

Trying version 3. XDA_UC ran, but did not complete all Main memory installs, probably because it seems to be all black on black, and I can't see what is happening. It did work for a while, then started asking me about the SD card cabs, but missed a lot of the Main folder cabs. But I just installed them from the folder manually.

Upon first boot, there was a message about rebooting to finish the theme color changes. When I say yes, XDA_UC doesn't ever get a chance to run. When I say no, XDA_UC will get around to running after aligning the screen.

Seems to be a challenge to get white/black text and backgrounds all working the same way. Another ROM I tried yesterday seemed to express this problem in a different way, with more white screens, which work, but don't look as nice as all black.

I like the 6.5 ROMs, because the Samsung dialer fits and works, and I like it even if it is too large a file. Wish we could get a combination of the newer and cooler 6.5.3 Home screen and still fit the dialer in there without scroll bar, and without breaking the phone button.

Edited by Robtao

Guest docfreed
I'm not sure what I did, but I was having issues with editing the Titanium again, so I adjusted the mortscript I wrote. I also added some colors to the start bar and large indicators. Nothing major was done, so I made it v4.5.

Thanks to everyone who likes it. I'm pretty new at this, and the only time I work on my rom is when I should be doing my paid job!! :(

Like your ROM very much but you could change the following: Somehow, Opera is set as the default browser even though it was removed. When I try to click on a link in a email message a [popup] comes out saying ":cannot find OperaL.exe" . Obvious because you removed it.

Can you edit the registry (or put the Opera Link back in the correct place) mso that we can make IE as the default browser.

I think that if you remove junk Verizon/Samsung files you have to carefully check the links so that there are no broken/misssing links cooked into your ROM

Otherwise you are good to go!

Guest Ninja4Hire
Like your ROM very much but you could change the following: Somehow, Opera is set as the default browser even though it was removed. When I try to click on a link in a email message a [popup] comes out saying ":cannot find OperaL.exe" . Obvious because you removed it.

Can you edit the registry (or put the Opera Link back in the correct place) mso that we can make IE as the default browser.

I think that if you remove junk Verizon/Samsung files you have to carefully check the links so that there are no broken/misssing links cooked into your ROM

Otherwise you are good to go!

Thanks, yeah I actually just noticed that it was still set as the default myself. I will fix that in the next update. I also think I may have a fix for the stupid start button set to samsung main menu.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Trying version 3. XDA_UC ran, but did not complete all Main memory installs, probably because it seems to be all black on black, and I can't see what is happening. It did work for a while, then started asking me about the SD card cabs, but missed a lot of the Main folder cabs. But I just installed them from the folder manually.

Upon first boot, there was a message about rebooting to finish the theme color changes. When I say yes, XDA_UC doesn't ever get a chance to run. When I say no, XDA_UC will get around to running after aligning the screen.

Yeah working on that as well. I think the reboot message comes from me adding XDA_UC. I didn't have that message before. If you ignore the message, and then when XDA comes up hit the ok button, it should (hopefully) install all your cabs. I will do some more testing myself. Also I always reboot after XDA has finished and I am done with my initial setup. For some reason wakeupsms does not install until you reboot.

Guest Ninja4Hire

New rom probably tomorrow.

Fixes:

1. "UI theme color changed, reboot needed" message when first booting rom (message removed)

2. Start button does not work without turning off Touchwiz" (now will be 6.5 startmenu by default)

3. Default browser will be set to IE instead of missing Opera.

4. XDA_UC does not load all cabs. (still testing)

Thanks again to everyone who has loaded my rom.

EDIT: The rom is ready, but I want to clean a couple things up before I post it.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire
What is different in 5m versus 5? (I think I am a flash addict again.)

The "m" stands for "Modaco". It's my version with the swype keyboard untouched. The other one on XDA has a skinned keyboard to match my theme.

Guest Robtao

Enjoying the ROM, (5, not 5m) but noticed some issues.

This is the first ROM where I could not install Cyberion Voice Speed Dial properly, even manually. It will not allow the settings menu to receive the link. I had to find the file (CVDSetting.exe) and place it or a link in Settings/Personal manually. I am using MS 3.5.3.

Maybe this is related to the XDA_UC install problem, also, but this also foils a manual cab install.

I think version 3 worked fine.

Maybe too many systems fighting for control of Settings? (Samsung, Windows Mobile, Mobile Shell)

I tried S2U2, but was having trouble with lock screens, sometimes 2 deep. After uninstalling, I have had at least 3 different types of lock screens come up, Samsung, Classic, and Default. But at least they are only 1 deep, meaning I don't have to go thorough 2 or more to get unlocked.

Guest hexwolf

Just flashed to version 5 and I'm loving it! It was a bit quiet though a fix was posted on the boards using SRS WOW and it works amazing! Thank you for the great ROM!

Edited by hexwolf