[ROM]Ninja4hire *Black vs. Blue* (DG21) v9.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest levytv
i have no data connection. it wont connect to my email or the internet. is there a fix for this that i have to do manually that i happened to miss?

besides that hiccup this is a very slick rom. :)

try another reset.

Guest Ninja4Hire
ive done 3 hard resets so far. lol. could always try one more.

hmmm... not sure why you cannot connect to data. Just tried it and mine connects fine. Have you looked in Settings/Connections/Connections/"Manage Existing Connections" to see if #777 connection is available?

Guest kdkinc
ive done 3 hard resets so far. lol. could always try one more.

I had a similar experience this morning....It might of been something I did by mistake while goofing around however...

Just try the "Samsung setting" (not wm) go into >general>wireless mgr and see if phone is "on" in that screen :) ;)

Hope it helps...

:P ;)

Guest cfiore79

no #777 connection. there isnt even a manage existing settings option at all.

on the phone settings it says phone is on. down on the data connection tab i cant even select the button to turn it on or off.

Think i might just have to reflash the entire rom.

Guest kdkinc
no #777 connection. there isnt even a manage existing settings option at all.

on the phone settings it says phone is on. down on the data connection tab i cant even select the button to turn it on or off.

Think i might just have to reflash the entire rom.

start with a clean house also ....I IMHO like to also format the My Storage so that no hairballs arise from several previous flashes.

May be a waste of time but you eliminate possible causes. Also be careful of restoring saved backups they can and will cause weird issues ..

GOOD LUCK keeps us informed :)

;) :P

Guest cfiore79
start with a clean house also ....I IMHO like to also format the My Storage so that no hairballs arise from several previous flashes.

May be a waste of time but you eliminate possible causes. Also be careful of restoring saved backups they can and will cause weird issues ..

GOOD LUCK keeps us informed :)

Reflash Successful. email and internet up and running. its even better than before. without data this rom is a 9 out of 10. with data its like a 15 out of 10.

thanks for the help guys.

Guest Robtao

OH!

My!

Gosh!

This thing is Freaking Awesome!

NinjaBlue is Georgeous.

the new scroll bar with your color is amazing.

You really do have a good eye for color and design.

I was going to wait until I had checked the ROM out a bit more but couldn't wait. This is too cool.

Using XDA version (SWYPE).

XDA_UC worked without a hitch, as far as I can tell. (First time to work completely for me, period.) Both Auto XDA and manual SD folders.

Some of my former issues (lag, menu responses in one program) are gone.

Internet Explorer connected first time.

Very quick and responsive.

This ROM seems to have unfettered the Omnia II.

I will have to try ICSInstall.cab and corporate Exchange Server email, both problem areas before.

Edit: Yes, ICSInstall is connecting my laptop to the internet through my phone without WiFiRouter or other assistance, and my corporate email is working fine. Also, i don't think the corporate email is killing my battery like it was.

I am thinking this build has fixed a lot of issues.

Wonder if they caught something to add or fix in thebuild from 3 to 5?

Edited by Robtao

Guest Ninja4Hire
OH!

My!

Gosh!

This thing is Freaking Awesome!

NinjaBlue is Georgeous.

the new scroll bar with your color is amazing.

You really do have a good eye for color and design.

I was going to wait until I had checked the ROM out a bit more but couldn't wait. This is too cool.

Using XDA version (SWYPE).

XDA_UC worked without a hitch, as far as I can tell. (First time to work completely for me, period.) Both Auto XDA and manual SD folders.

Some of my former issues (lag, menu responses in one program) are gone.

Internet Explorer connected first time.

Very quick and responsive.

This ROM seems to have unfettered the Omnia II.

I will have to try ICSInstall.cab and corporate Exchange Server email, both problem areas before.

Wonder if they caught something to add or fix in thebuild from 3 to 5?

LOL thanks! Glad you like my theme. I am actually still working on it a bit.

Hopefully I can fix all the issues and make this rom 100% working for everyone. I hate being the cause of any issues after flashing my roms. I am working on a 21895 build right now, and also making a default white on black taskbar cab file for anyone who wants that back. I want people to be able to use there own wallpapers and not have to use black or blue if they don't want to.

Guest Shemmy

I personally love your ROM as is - the only thing I did extra was to install the Samsung Today plug-in from the Omnia Pro and the Main Menu from the T*Omnia.

Guest kdkinc

Ninja,

I've grow to like gchris 7 skin theme its not to busy with buttons I also like Tacchann23 task bars. , especially the green one.

With those add on plus mainmenu your Rom really is slick. :) ;)

Thank Again for making a good phone great!!!

:P ;)

Guest Ninja4Hire
phone is working good but crashes when i try to connect it to the laptop via USB. Im running vista 32 bit.

strange... Works fine on my XP 32bit pc at work. I'll try to connect usb when I get home later, but all I have is win 7 64 and 32.

Guest cfiore79
strange... Works fine on my XP 32bit pc at work. I'll try to connect usb when I get home later, but all I have is win 7 64 and 32.

its not really a big deal. i have been working around it by just downloading the apps using the phone's mobile IE and i-nigma.

the only downside is i wont be able to flash to newer ROM versions till i figure out the connection issue.

The ROM still kicks a$$.

Guest levytv

i had been very hesitant to flash my original i920 21863 because of the amount of stuff id done - registry, icons, slingbox programming. i backed everything from my storage to the pc. backed up the phone via spb backup to the storage card. followed the ram instructions. did version 6. took about ten minutes. did a hard reset afterwards. put back the data to my storage. then did a backup restore to the device. most everything remained in place. so far some programs like my contacts i have to go get. also some spb mobile shell icons have to be reprogrammed - but most everything else seems quite happy at this moment.

i know we are warned about doing backup restores to new roms - but ninja thought since he made few changes it would work.

now reprogramming some icons and looking for a few cabs.

thanks again ninja. nice job.

Guest levytv

ninja i'm doing pretty well so far. but i cant replace certain icons. for example - the messaging icon - in mobile shell 3.5.3 - when i try to replace it in the launcher page in the favorites - i cant get it i just get the generic mobile shell icon. the application works with no issues. thanks for the help.

Guest Ninja4Hire
ninja i'm doing pretty well so far. but i cant replace certain icons. for example - the messaging icon - in mobile shell 3.5.3 - when i try to replace it in the launcher page in the favorites - i cant get it i just get the generic mobile shell icon. the application works with no issues. thanks for the help.

I've never used mobile shell 3.5 so I'm not sure how to correct any issues. I think I will download it tomorrow and check it out. Maybe I can figure out why the icons are not changing.

I wonder if anyone else is having this issue?

Guest levytv
I've never used mobile shell 3.5 so I'm not sure how to correct any issues. I think I will download it tomorrow and check it out. Maybe I can figure out why the icons are not changing.

I wonder if anyone else is having this issue?

some icons are showing up some are not. at the moment the no shows are - phonebook - calculator - adobe reade le - bluetooth bing - call ogs - camera - city id - clock and alarm - comminities - connected home - email facebook - fm radio - media player - memo - messaging - mobile im - my pictures - settings - smart reader - smart search - streaming player - unit converter - vcast music - vcast videos - video editor - visual voice ail - voice recognition - and voice recorder. i think all the programs that i had installed prior to the flash that got restored via spb backup are there. could this have anything to do with my restore procedure above?

i uninstalled mobile shell soft reset and reinstalled and that didnt fix it. could it have to do with that my original rom was 21863 and this is 21963

i dont know if this is a clue or not. i use panoramic launchpad. this has two different places to show icons. one is a favorites pages and one is a list. the icons are there. and i use a start menu replacement called awesome start it also shows all the icons so i guess its just the 'derivatives' of spb mobile shell that are missing the icons.

Edited by levytv

Guest levytv

ninja and all - the dreaded message is the last instead of the first has been fixed. ninja thanks again and this feature

fixes one of the worst things about the omnia 2. you must realize you fixed this?

Guest kdkinc

Levytv:

I,d like to butt in and add a little about you Ms 3.5 issue.

I've owned Spb Ms3.5 for over ayear really liked it but I then got board (flashing Illness) of it controling features.

I guess that some of your icon issues may be because the icons are cooked into the ms3.5 theme and can't be changed....however...

checkout this link about ms3.5 and the hundreds of ways you can "make it better"

Also see post 2115 in the link for newest win7 theme

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=566045

Hope it helps,,,

:) ;)

Edited by kdkinc

Guest levytv
Levytv:

I,d like to butt in and add a little about you Ms 3.5 issue.

I've owned Spb Ms3.5 for over ayear really liked it but I then got board (flashing Illness) of it controling features.

I guess that some of your icon issues may be because the icons are cooked into the ms3.5 theme and can't be changed....however...

checkout this link about ms3.5 and the hundreds of ways you can "make it better"

Also see post 2115 in the link for newest win7 theme

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=566045

Hope it helps,,,

thats an enormous thread. do you want me to look at everything? is there a specific part of the thread? thanks.

Guest kdkinc
thats an enormous thread. do you want me to look at everything? is there a specific part of the thread? thanks.

gotta be something there to help you..

Guest Ninja4Hire
ninja and all - the dreaded message is the last instead of the first has been fixed. ninja thanks again and this feature

fixes one of the worst things about the omnia 2. you must realize you fixed this?

yeah I had no idea. Maybe the new build had a fix for that issue, but I don't think anything I did helped it out :)

Today I am going to play with MS 3.5. Hopefully I will also get some work done....

Guest kdkinc
yeah I had no idea. Maybe the new build had a fix for that issue, but I don't think anything I did helped it out :)

Today I am going to play with MS 3.5. Hopefully I will also get some work done....

If you think about "cooking in " ms3.5 can you still keep a rom without???

Some 3rd party themes don't play well and break things...

I own ms 3.5 but I feel IMHO!! that's its like a set of training wheels though I realize MANY like it...

thanks

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Ninja4Hire
If you think about "cooking in " ms3.5 can you still keep a rom without???

Some 3rd party themes don't play well and break things...

I own ms 3.5 but I feel IMHO!! that's its like a set of training wheels though I realize MANY like it...

thanks

LOL! Yeah don't think I'm going to cook it in, but if I did I would always have a clean version without a third party UI.