updating to 2.0.1 in UK when OTA dont work

Guest iamdarren

Guest iamdarren

go here. follow the instructions for the offical update.

http://direct.motorola.com/ENG/SoftwareUpd...strURL=No%20URL

now i have a music equaliser and also differnt unlock screen.

not sure about getting ROOT back though.....

seems pretty smart though and unlike win mo roms, all ur settings and apps are still installed!!

sweet!!

the OTA over the air update, was saying cannot connect to server

Guest iamdarren

NOW rooted on mine. all i did was use the link on the post 2.01 We have root. i used the german sites milestone_update.zip just by renaming and then using the recovery mode.

all works fine. full root acess, no hassle

Guest roy_drage

Cheers for the link.

Updated to 2.0.1, couldn't have been easier. Will look into rooting now ;)

Only difference I've seen are the lock screen, though the clock has only moved to the left (that's it).

The music equalizer is great, much needed as I have spotify on my milestone so listen to music everyday so really happy with the equalizer!

Haven't noticed anything else that's changed, hopefully the battery life will improve with this update...... have to wait and see I guess.

Guest iamdarren

woo hoo, glad theres someone out there! As i said ive rooted also now, and installed busybox via DROIDROOTHELPER, but i need to know if i faffed my recovery menu now...

all i need u to do is turn off your device and then hold power and camera button, let me know if you get the exclamation screen, i cant seem to get there anymore? i get a screen all black with text showing insert USB, which is how the phone looked when doing the 2.0.1 update...

thanks

Guest iamdarren

ive just used quickboot from the android market.... and i get

BOOTloader

Err:A5,69,35,002F

Battery OK

OK to Program

Connect USB

Data Cable

i think this is just the boot loader so nothing to worry about, but i dont have a recovery menu anymore???

I dont see how you could of messed up the recovery section however if in doubt you could always re-flash via the normal update software again which should repair any damage.

I know this sound stupid but you didnt use DROIDROOTHELPER for anything else did you? and be aware I think DROIDROOTHELPER is'nt compatible with the milestone anyway because of the differences in the file system i.e. milestone system is in block 6 where as the droids is in 7 I think.

If you are worried re-flash and start again :D

Guest iamdarren
I dont see how you could of messed up the recovery section however if in doubt you could always re-flash via the normal update software again which should repair any damage.

I know this sound stupid but you didnt use DROIDROOTHELPER for anything else did you? and be aware I think DROIDROOTHELPER is'nt compatible with the milestone anyway because of the differences in the file system i.e. milestone system is in block 6 where as the droids is in 7 I think.

If you are worried re-flash and start again :D

yea i did use droid root helper DOH!!! oh well seems to be working fine, i havent needed the recovery menu. Is it necessary to reinstall?? and how would i go about doing this? Im willing to give it a try all my APK files are stored on the memory card anyway, so i wont loose no apps.

Guest iamdarren

i tried MSU which told me there was nothing newer to update to... then i left it on the error screen above, then ran it again, BINGO! it worked, then i tried quickboot to restart i had lost root. i had to use recovery menu to get root back and BINGO again its back and all working, now to install busy box again with that CMD box and the guide!!

thanks mate! nothing to worry about with the milestone now!