• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

sid0101

sid0101

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
Well, I didn't even know if I should ask this or if it was too taboo to ask, but I wanted to know whether or not it was possible to port android to the omnia i900 using the galaxy's android somehow. I see the HTC guys porting android to the ATT Tilt... which came out in 2007ish...
I know the HTC community is probably larger, but I samsunite can dream right? Does anyone think that its possible? I know that Andromnia is a project that is dedicated to this, but it seems to be going rather slow and perhaps some rom developers here might be of some assistance???

thebrave

thebrave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
It's already a WIP ( http://www.modaco.co...droid-on-omnia/ ), but:
- the samsung community is smaller, maybe, also, as HTC makes "hardware" for other companies, internal specs/BSP are easier to get
- it's f**ing hard to do.

If you really want Andromina to complete, best way to help would be putting money to set bounties for milestone achievements.

informale

informale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i7500 (FW: IK5)
it would probably be cheaper to buy a new phone with Android on board, than to sponsor port to Omnia )))

Edited by informale, 13 February 2010 - 04:46 PM.

Tha Pod

Tha Pod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900
  • Twitter:@thapod

Well, I didn't even know if I should ask this or if it was too taboo to ask, but I wanted to know whether or not it was possible to port android to the omnia i900 using the galaxy's android somehow. I see the HTC guys porting android to the ATT Tilt... which came out in 2007ish...
I know the HTC community is probably larger, but I samsunite can dream right? Does anyone think that its possible? I know that Andromnia is a project that is dedicated to this, but it seems to be going rather slow and perhaps some rom developers here might be of some assistance???

any luck on this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users