disco custom kernel [v.b01]

Guest disc0

Guest eumate

I have this kernel up.

1Ghz does boot loop.

920mhz causes some random reboot.

I'm using the 920mhz kernel limited at 765 by setcpu.

128mhz also is probably too low for standby mode, awake from sleep mode at this freq (by a call or power button) is too unresponsive.

I have been running my phone at 128mhz in sleep mode for about a week and hadn't seen any battery gain compared to 256mhz.

Guest tanoxxx

I had push 1ghz kernel on Angio 1.5.1 rom,everything work good,but how can go at 128MHz when the screen is off?

By Setcpu i see max 921 and min 245...

Thanks

Guest elsmurfo

Ive got me an Acer liquid, and i tryed the 920mhz that blc created from disco's 1ghz..

The thing is that im getting an reboot like 1 time every hour, and if im running heavy applications it restarts some time.

So to the real question.

Is it hard to change 920mhz to like 900? (was hoping to get it stable).

Is it possible for me as an "novice" to do this?

Thanks so mutch for your time.

Guest cesco.manto
After some days of testing the new kernel I decided to share it with everyone,

Now just to make things clear, the disclaimer:

ATTENTION:

It's available in two versions for the ROM 2.000.16, 1GHz and 765Mhz.

Search the files in here.

snap20100211223607.png

Features:

1Ghz

Multitouch (many thanks to Luke Hutchison for all his work and help) [for now, only with Dolphin Browser]
Works very well with clean ROM 2.000.16, installed with acer tool. Bootloader info is:
USB FastBoot: V1.00.03

HW version: v0.4

AMSS version: A1-02.01.03

Build Date: Jan 26 2010, 14:29:43
Instructions: 1. Read the disclaimer. 2. Do a nandroid backup. 3. Download and unpack the zip file. 4. Enter bootloader. 5. Do in console/cmd:
fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot <boot image name>

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

6. Have fun (:

I didn't posted the unrooted version because when you flash this kernel you will be voiding your warranty (if you already didn't), so doesn't make sense to keep your phone unrooted, unless you really want it.. If thats the case, contact me..

As you may know, this was build from a kernel source that has some bugs on it, so, you may experience some erros.. Didn't found any, but if you find please report..

Dmesg will output some errors, but for now they are armless..

Hi all... but is ok for all rom ? I have Acer Liquid with Liquid E Rom 2.1-update1 With Base Band Version A1-03.10.03 and Kernel 2.6.29 (robert@build1 #1) Batista70Phone 1.3 . I bought my acer liquid new with 1.6 rom and i come from Milestone 2.1... so i needed a 2.1 rom but i don't know how rom is better now... Thanks !

PS: but this cpu model is like the nexus one 1ghz ? So if i port from 768mhz to 1ghz its work fine ? isn't an overclock due to its original 1ghz clock ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr.r9
OBJECTION your honor, asked and answered.

True, answered at least 4 times.

Currently, no one can release a custom kernel because they need the source code.

Guest Borkata
True, answered at least 4 times.

Currently, no one can release a custom kernel because they need the source code.

Actually we have kernel source, which contain drivers for acer and it can be adjusted for Eclair. Problem is that this is lot of work and it is easier to wait for official release from Acer :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest elsmurfo

Ive got me an Acer liquid and im a donut user.

I tryed the 920mhz that blc created from disco's 1ghz..

The thing is that im getting an reboot like 1 time every hour, and if im running heavy applications it restarts some time.

So to the real question.

Is it hard to change 920mhz to like 900? (was hoping to get it stable).

Is it possible for me as an "novice" to do this?

Anyone got the time to help me out?

Edited by elsmurfo