benchmarking rom's Performance test

Guest g3n3ral

Guest lupus_hegemonia

I'm looking forward for a fresh new build, with stable/fast/good performance, great battery life etc..., I've spoke with quite few "cookers" and all of them told me... "stick with 6.1s"!

So, till I find a GOOD/STABLE 6.5 rom, I'm still using my signature's rom ("KC" 6.1 build 21001 from OMNIA II).

Cheers.

Guest sudkcoce
I'm looking forward for a fresh new build, with stable/fast/good performance, great battery life etc..., I've spoke with quite few "cookers" and all of them told me... "stick with 6.1s"!

So, till I find a GOOD/STABLE 6.5 rom, I'm still using my signature's rom ("KC" 6.1 build 21001 from OMNIA II).

Cheers.

I was sticking to the 6.1 (QBUS) for the same reason for a long time.

I was wrong. The 6.5.x builds are, imho, now as stable and as fast (if not faster) as the 6.1. And there are really many benefits when using 6.5.x builds!

I am currently using ock's 22004 premium and before I was using pdhee's COM2 build.

I think you should try it out...

Guest lupus_hegemonia
I was sticking to the 6.1 (QBUS) for the same reason for a long time.

I was wrong. The 6.5.x builds are, imho, now as stable and as fast (if not faster) as the 6.1. And there are really many benefits when using 6.5.x builds!

I am currently using ock's 22004 premium and before I was using pdhee's COM2 build.

I think you should try it out...

Thxs, m8.

Another problem of mine is this:

I'm using 1-2 "Today screen" plugins, like a greek name-holidays app ("Eortologio"), which is a 6.1's app (I don't know if the developer made a 6.5 ver)...

HOW CAN I use 6.1s' apps (with their "Today screen" horizontal pannels) in a 6.5 rom???

BTW... any SPECIFIC 6.5 suggestion, m8?

Guest raaj13

khaunchai 21928 3 in 1 is giving 315.2733 in integer benchmark and 8.784 in floating point (with no titanium or m2d enabled in home screen)

311.76 in integer and 8.781 in floating point with titanium enabled.

Edited by raaj13

Guest sudkcoce
BTW... any SPECIFIC 6.5 suggestion, m8?

Get _any_ of the top chefs roms: pdhee, ock or niclashidegard's.

My hands are itching again, this time I want to try nicks 23103 (I have read 231xx builds are htc branch...) build.

Enjoy and post comments...

Guest lupus_hegemonia
u need to find that out for urself whose rom u lyk

I wasn't refering about "cookers', but... for BUILDS!

That's what I'm asking you, lads...

Which build you suggesting...

Guest sinancetinkaya

SKTools benchmark is not a good benchmark tool to see overall performance

For instance sktools shows wm6.5 is faster than wm6.1 but in real life it's exactly the opposite

When I increase the file system cache, it increases overall performance but sktools still shows the same value. Use SPB bechmark, it's much better. I know it's hard to use but better.

Guest lupus_hegemonia
SKTools benchmark is not a good benchmark tool to see overall performance

For instance sktools shows wm6.5 is faster than wm6.1 but in real life it's exactly the opposite

When I increase the file system cache, it increases overall performance but sktools still shows the same value. Use SPB bechmark, it's much better. I know it's hard to use but better.

Merhaba, arkadas! Nasilsin iz?

Hehehe... Hello, "neighbor" from my grandmother's land! How are ya?

I wouldn't agree more on this comment!!! I just "turned" to 6.5s... only for their dark layouts!!! Too me, Shokka9's or KC build 21001 (from Omnia II) 6.1s... are FAR more fast/stable than many 6.5s I've tested.

But, you have to admit, 6.5s are more good looking, more beautiful roms...

Gorusuruz!

Guest sinancetinkaya
Merhaba, arkadas! Nasilsin iz?

Hehehe... Hello, "neighbor" from my grandmother's land! How are ya?

I wouldn't agree more on this comment!!! I just "turned" to 6.5s... only for their dark layouts!!! Too me, Shokka9's or KC build 21001 (from Omnia II) 6.1s... are FAR more fast/stable than many 6.5s I've tested.

But, you have to admit, 6.5s are more good looking, more beautiful roms...

Gorusuruz!

Hehe Türkçen hiç fena değil, yanlız "nasilsin" ve "iz" birleşik yazılıyor nasilsiniz şeklinde. Buna rağmen iyi <_<

I agree WM6.5 has a good interface but we're talking about performance, not interface

Guest lupus_hegemonia
Hehe Türkçen hiç fena değil, yanlız "nasilsin" ve "iz" birleşik yazılıyor nasilsiniz şeklinde. Buna rağmen iyi <_<

I agree WM6.5 has a good interface but we're talking about performance, not interface

Well... my grandma was from Asia Minor & grandpa from Istanbul (a former Fenerbahce goalie, in '20s!), I'm not, "arkadas"! I know few Turkish phrashes, from a couple of trips in Istanbul (last time... our - Liverpool! - GLORIOUS victory agaist Milan!!!)...

Aye... WM6.5s are beautiful, but not AS GOOD AS 6.1s. At least, if we talking about i900. I think, i900 was made for WM6.1; and unfortunatelly, not for 6.5s...

Guest raaj13
I wasn't refering about "cookers', but... for BUILDS!

That's what I'm asking you, lads...

Which build you suggesting...

ups sorry sir.

I am using wm6.5 build 21928 though old build but i find it better then the new ones.i have tried many builds but i came back to old build its stable and fast.

Guest raaj13
Well... my grandma was from Asia Minor & grandpa from Istanbul (a former Fenerbahce goalie, in '20s!), I'm not, "arkadas"! I know few Turkish phrashes, from a couple of trips in Istanbul (last time... our - Liverpool! - GLORIOUS victory agaist Milan!!!)...

Aye... WM6.5s are beautiful, but not AS GOOD AS 6.1s. At least, if we talking about i900. I think, i900 was made for WM6.1; and unfortunatelly, not for 6.5s...

few wm6.5 build do perform as good as 6.1(even better)

ya omnia was made for 6.1.

Guest lupus_hegemonia
few wm6.5 build do perform as good as 6.1(even better)

ya omnia was made for 6.1.

I wish I could agree with ya, m8... I wasn't "flashing" 6.5s since "Artemis" 6.5 rom of my dear Sector or the FINE 6.5 v.18 of my friend Shokka9...

Since then, I was pleased with KC's 6.1 build 21001 (from OMNIA II) and I said last week to give another try to NEW 6.5s builds...

So far, I've "flashed" 4-5 different 6.5's roms, from 2-3 different "cookers"...

Till now, ONLY the UltraLite of OCK was WITHOUT problems, "freezes", lugs, bugs...

Even this fine "Nick's" FloTitanium I've "flashed" yesterday, I found it quite unstable.

I'll give a try to OCK's UltraLite (again), or the v.23 of Skokka9s... or the last rom of Sector, "Hades"...

...before I'll RETURN BACK to the GOOD-OLD KC's 6.1 build 21001 (from OMNIA II)!!!

No matter what, I still believe i900 is made for 6.1s, unfortunatelly...

Guest rendeiro2005

Today I had an experience that leads me to the following conclusion.

The whole history of benchmarck is bullshit!!! B)

Let me explain.

Lately I've been using the latest version of ock, but I have come to notice that, although interesting results in terms of benchmarks and memory consumption, when using the WMP simultaneously with the PlatiumSolitaire (in terms of consumption is around 55%), there are several breaks in the music making it impossible to audition to be made.

Today I decided to return to the last PDhee`s rom (the last EL) and I was stupid! i had with the same 2 programs open and running, had a memory consumption of 91% !!!!!! HOW IS POSSIBLE?! Something never seen! :mellow: :( :D :D

However I was 1 hours to look at any hearing problems.

Go figure that?!

yet i`m building my own rom with 305 benchmark test and with this 2 programs open about 45% memory consumption and without problems. but still in tests before i release it. i think in the middle of the month i`ll release. <_<

Guest lupus_hegemonia
Today I had an experience that leads me to the following conclusion.

The whole history of benchmarck is bullshit!!! B)

Let me explain.

Lately I've been using the latest version of ock, but I have come to notice that, although interesting results in terms of benchmarks and memory consumption, when using the WMP simultaneously with the PlatiumSolitaire (in terms of consumption is around 55%), there are several breaks in the music making it impossible to audition to be made.

Today I decided to return to the last PDhee`s rom (the last EL) and I was stupid! i had with the same 2 programs open and running, had a memory consumption of 91% !!!!!! HOW IS POSSIBLE?! Something never seen! :mellow: :( :D :D

However I was 1 hours to look at any hearing problems.

Go figure that?!

yet i`m building my own rom with 305 benchmark test and with this 2 programs open about 45% memory consumption and without problems. but still in tests before i release it. i think in the middle of the month i`ll release. <_<

I agree, friend... I'm didn't stop having problem, odd things too...

Guest raaj13
I agree, friend... I'm didn't stop having problem, odd things too...

well am using wm6.5 build 21928 n everthing running perfect (except the odd hard reset problem.)memory is around 57mb after use for 1-2hours.6.5.3 versions do slow down(all the new wm 6.5 versions are getting odd n odder).i do miss 6.1 but unluckly for me 6.1 work strange on my phone

Guest lupus_hegemonia
well am using wm6.5 build 21928 n everthing running perfect (except the odd hard reset problem.)memory is around 57mb after use for 1-2hours.6.5.3 versions do slow down(all the new wm 6.5 versions are getting odd n odder).i do miss 6.1 but unluckly for me 6.1 work strange on my phone

Na...! In mine, 6.1s are working perfectly; but I do missing the dark menu backgrounds and the scrolling icons of 6.5s,... but it's not that important to upgate to 6.5, don't you agree?

Guest raaj13
Na...! In mine, 6.1s are working perfectly; but I do missing the dark menu backgrounds and the scrolling icons of 6.5s,... but it's not that important to upgate to 6.5, don't you agree?

yup not important but i had no choice i tried many 6.1 rom and unluckily result was same for me every time application crashed most of tym. my storage diasppeared and sometimes the storage card showed without any file in it but wen i checked the properties it used to show correct memory used. So i moved to 6.5

Guest lupus_hegemonia
yup not important but i had no choice i tried many 6.1 rom and unluckily result was same for me every time application crashed most of tym. my storage diasppeared and sometimes the storage card showed without any file in it but wen i checked the properties it used to show correct memory used. So i moved to 6.5

Thank ZEUS, I never had such a serious issue with my phone!

By the way... they told me about THAT... Panoramic LaunchPad! Looking AMAZING!

Guest corpisa
Just out of curiosity.....

Can somebody benchmark a few of my ROMs (old be it, but very nice!)

Thanks....

6.1 and 6.5 if possible, be interesting to see how they compare to others and also old against new?

Much appreciated.

It was time to test my all time favorite again, non other than SHOKKA9 v17, yeah!!

Comes fully loaded and its all black, jeje.. my favorite color :mellow:

Not bad for an old guy <_< and it feels fast right from the start, very fast !!!

slds,

post-209926-1268336579_thumb.png

post-209926-1268336584_thumb.png

post-209926-1268336595_thumb.png

post-209926-1268336602_thumb.png

post-209926-1268336609_thumb.png

post-209926-1268336616_thumb.png

post-209926-1268336623_thumb.png

post-209926-1268336630_thumb.png

post-209926-1268336636_thumb.png

post-209926-1268336644_thumb.png

post-209926-1268336653_thumb.png

post-209926-1268336663_thumb.png

post-209926-1268336670_thumb.png

Edited by corpisa

Guest Petter88

I really like my Ock 23637 M2D rom... would be interesting to get a number out of it, but don't know if my phone is a good test subject, as i installed quite some softwares on it, and don't feel like hard reseting again now that I got it all right <_< guess I'll have to live with not knowing... Thax for a great rom ock!