• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

peter.taylor

peter.taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Evening all.

I've made a little app to graph battery charge over a period of time.

So far its only been tested on GSM Hero.

Wouldn't mind a bit of testing, and suggestions.

So far the next things to be added are;

Temperature of battery graphing.
Export of data to CSV etc.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Power graph

comments on here for the moment please.

HTC Desire

Keramidas

Keramidas

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One, HTC Hero
  • Twitter:@matrixrewriter
Hi,

This is a nice idea. I remember a similar app on the Market, but I think it disappeared and can't remember its name.

Here are some recommendations:
- Yeah, battery temperature on the same graph would be great !
- It would be much better with "rounded" X-axis labels. Instead of an arbitrary interval between vertical graduations, you should definitely pick the "next-bigger" choice among these: 1 second, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, etc (I don't know if you need to zoom out more than 1 day per graduation).
- Use "zebra style" background color (for example: alternating between black and dark green for each day).
- I haven't tested your app, but please ensure that its power consumption impact is negligible :D

Keep up the nice work !

Take control... Use the free Titanium Backup app for Android power users !

peter.taylor

peter.taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Hi,

This is a nice idea. I remember a similar app on the Market, but I think it disappeared and can't remember its name.

Here are some recommendations:
- Yeah, battery temperature on the same graph would be great !
- It would be much better with "rounded" X-axis labels. Instead of an arbitrary interval between vertical graduations, you should definitely pick the "next-bigger" choice among these: 1 second, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, etc (I don't know if you need to zoom out more than 1 day per graduation).
- Use "zebra style" background color (for example: alternating between black and dark green for each day).
- I haven't tested your app, but please ensure that its power consumption impact is negligible :D

Keep up the nice work !

cheers for the comments, all taken on board :D

power impact is very negligible, if at all. it doesn't actually poll for the data, just grabs the data from logs in memory.

HTC Desire

Webreaper

Webreaper

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3
I use an app on the market called 'Battery Graph' which does exactly what you're suggesting. It works fine....

http://www.cyrket.co...odroid.battery/

Edited by Webreaper, 15 February 2010 - 05:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users