Photo

HTC Desire (formerly Bravo) leaked press shot, the Nexus One for the masses - now with full specs!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

masterpfa

masterpfa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Music, art, history, photography and traveling
    Not done much of any of these lately!
  • Devices:Nexus 5/One+ One/Tegra Note 7
  • Twitter:@masterpfa

Hmmmmmm, I'm due a free ugrade in 2 months.

Wonder what the chances are.. :D

Already own a Nexus so the Bravo seems logical :D

Some people have all the luck LOL
T-Mobile have it as coming in April on their site and Vodaphone are also claiming to be releasing in April

LG Nexus 5 (32Gb Black)

One+ One (Sandstone 64Gb)
Advent Tegra Note 7

dropbox.png DropBox referal link
Click to get Dropbox and to get an extra free 250mb for us both

rav1patel

rav1patel

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire - MCR r3.1
  • Twitter:@ravmania
Not going to buy anything until I get my Hero 2.1 update. Hopefully that will keep me happy enough for another few months.

Edit: Yay! My 100th post. Only took nearly six years.

Edited by rav1patel, 19 February 2010 - 08:00 PM.

Posted Image

jdm01

jdm01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 3G, HTC Hero (G2)

I am cheaper getting the Nexus shipped from the states - Where is the $100 cheaper than the Nexus sh1t!! :D

http://www.expansys....modaco&i=196001

£449.99 OOOOOucchh!

J

http://www.mobilepho...509/p31043.aspx

Payg on Vodaphone - I'm expecting an easy unlock process so £378.99 is more interesting and getting closer to my target £300 to £350 price before I buy - Hopefully it will be available on ebay from 'upgraders' looking for some money! Roll on April :D

J

jimlad

jimlad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Tthe N1 costs 800euros in Holland, you can pre order the Desire for 449Euros expected 09-04-2010 :D now that is a no brainer.

hamzax7x

hamzax7x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
$629 on smggsm.com available for pre-order, not bad considering the nexus one here is still selling for $700 from retailers
and the price gets lower when this beast is actually released!!!

garbiel

garbiel

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:HTC hero

Ok Nexus One owners don't get you knickers in a not. Got an excellent post that will calm your nerves. All the differences in the two phones can either be updated through Android or third party apps. Nexus One even has an FM transmitter in its chipset. Second voice to text and noise cancellation are what the Nexus has that the the Desire has not. Audience a third party company was employed to integrate voice cancellation in the phone HTC left that out of Desire to cut costs. Now we know Google did not spare anything making sure this was a top notch phone.

http://www.pocket-li...-for-htc-desire

OK. Im still a little confused here! does this mean that desire WONT be able install noise cancellation software, say through a Modaco release. Additionally, is voice to text exclusive to N1 or can it be ported for the sense ui too? as for the radio, or rather lack of, im not too pushed. I would just like some of the features such as noise cancellation and v2t on the htc!

hamzax7x

hamzax7x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
im guessing voice to text is possible, but noise cancellation has to do with the hardware, the N1 has two microphones, one for talking and the other to achieve noise cancellation whereas the desire only has one microphone for talking

neosrt

neosrt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:omnia i900
I also read desire have the dual mic tech for noise cancellation like the nexus does if true that kinda blows anyway HTC always does this with all their fonez so there will be many more versions nexus is one the best w/o a doubt good quality build and unlocked in any form sense has not made or broken any phone to stardom look at the Droid nuff said so same hardrware different buttons Nexus is all unlocked goodness

masterpfa

masterpfa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Music, art, history, photography and traveling
    Not done much of any of these lately!
  • Devices:Nexus 5/One+ One/Tegra Note 7
  • Twitter:@masterpfa
T-Mobile officially announced that the HTC Desire is now available

OK who's going to be first to report back :)

LG Nexus 5 (32Gb Black)

One+ One (Sandstone 64Gb)
Advent Tegra Note 7

dropbox.png DropBox referal link
Click to get Dropbox and to get an extra free 250mb for us both

6gate

6gate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia (I900)
Wonder when will it launch here. :P

vincentvan

vincentvan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, HTC HD2,
I ditched my trusty Hero and bought the Desire a couple of weeks ago and I must say that I have been duly impressed and quite satisfied by it; however I decided to keep my old HTC HD2 anyway for a number of reasons, among which the most important is that the HD2 (after a little download from XDA devs) enjoys excellent voice dialing capabilities also via BT headsets, while the Desire, even after downloading and trying out all related apps from the market, is sadly deficient in this respect.
Voice dialing (possibly via BT too) is necessary to all those who, like me, spend most of his/her waking hours driving a car .
The best option I found for Android is called " Choice dialer" but it does not work via BT and it requires you to tap the icon on the home screen before calling out the name you want to call since the desire lacks a dedicated call button, and besides it's not even very good at recognizing contacts .
I hoped that the Desire could have become the only phone I would need, but it seems that my old HD2 is gonna stay in active duty for a while longer; I must say that I am a bit disappointed about it.
Has anyone found a solution to this gaping hole in the Desire's (and Android's) usability?

squirreleater

squirreleater

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero/Nexus one/Galaxy S
  • Twitter:@squirreleater1

I ditched my trusty Hero and bought the Desire a couple of weeks ago and I must say that I have been duly impressed and quite satisfied by it; however I decided to keep my old HTC HD2 anyway for a number of reasons, among which the most important is that the HD2 (after a little download from XDA devs) enjoys excellent voice dialing capabilities also via BT headsets, while the Desire, even after downloading and trying out all related apps from the market, is sadly deficient in this respect.
Voice dialing (possibly via BT too) is necessary to all those who, like me, spend most of his/her waking hours driving a car .
The best option I found for Android is called " Choice dialer" but it does not work via BT and it requires you to tap the icon on the home screen before calling out the name you want to call since the desire lacks a dedicated call button, and besides it's not even very good at recognizing contacts .
I hoped that the Desire could have become the only phone I would need, but it seems that my old HD2 is gonna stay in active duty for a while longer; I must say that I am a bit disappointed about it.
Has anyone found a solution to this gaping hole in the Desire's (and Android's) usability?

Needs it's own thread really.

Does the google voice dialer not work on the desire?
I have an N1 with desire rom and it is ok, but I don't really use it so can't really comment.
Just a thought....

The desire should be able to do this if the HD2 can, as they are much the same inside.

People to follow on twitter:

@PaulOBrien -The main man here!
@modacoandroid -News postings from ModacoAndroid.
@squirreleater1 -That'll be me. (Full on Android fanboi!)<cough>
@christonge - fellow news team member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users