510 replies to this topic

dayspring2099us

dayspring2099us

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Devices:Omnia I900 WM6.5 23569 DXIA5

As with the last two beta ROMs I used this week (Steff's and PhDee's) I was confronting sleeping bug. But this one, after 18 hours of stable operating It's still working fine. Didn't fell to sleep mode.

Anyway the main problem with this rom is it's slow performance due to it's full load of programs already installed inside. It really left me with 3MB of free storage memory and 48 free Ram.

I'll have to move on for the next until I finnaly decide to go back to Ryrzy's :D

How come it's only left 3MB? did you install all the programs into your main memory??? better try to install them into my storage. some of programs working well even installed into main storage.

Alien-Tech

Alien-Tech

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900

How come it's only left 3MB? did you install all the programs into your main memory??? better try to install them into my storage. some of programs working well even installed into main storage.

Well only SPB shell, Naong sense and a few things like SRS WOW..... which I prefer to have in the device memory. Anyway too much stuff in the main storage, but the stability is perfect and overall speed is pretty good, counting in that load i mentioned!

....I really am thinking about going back to 6.1 clean, I can't find any advantages in 6.5.3!

JunPhil

JunPhil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA
Alas the ROM chefs have progressed far enough to make a cooked ROM as Samsung would have made it.

Barry_Chanlo

Barry_Chanlo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
hmm after 2days of use i encountered sleep bug, 3rd time now, maybe we need to trim this rom a little and i think this will be much better if you could incorporate ftouchsl :D still great work, if only theres no sleep bug :D

dayspring2099us

dayspring2099us

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

hmm after 2days of use i encountered sleep bug, 3rd time now, maybe we need to trim this rom a little and i think this will be much better if you could incorporate ftouchsl :D still great work, if only theres no sleep bug :D

Hope could get rid of the sleeping bug in the next build.

jms2367

jms2367

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900

hope you can make one rom based on com2 builds 21899 or 21891 (build 21892 has the same deep sleep issue). it would be great to see a com2 build with all the default samsung apps based on dxia5. also, hope that samsung online widgets will also be working (you may need to cook in the older version of netcf for this to work).

this would definitely amount to as an "official" wm6.5 samsung rom.

great effort on this project btw.

regards.

goran1985

goran1985

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia
FINNALY!!!!... i've installed this rom and it work's like a charm so far...it's been a week now!! still happy with it.... instaled a few gadgets and got what i need and wont!!!!!! :D) but i like the COOKED ones duh :D)

b0tin0v

b0tin0v

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900
Can in the next ROM, put black Samsung applications. I have found the black app on this forum.

http://www.modaco.co...black-original/

I think that would look great with black app :D

dayspring2099us

dayspring2099us

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Can in the next ROM, put black Samsung applications. I have found the black app on this forum.

http://www.modaco.co...black-original/

I think that would look great with black app :D

Black skin??? ummm ever cooked with that but forget which build. go to my shared folder you may find in build 28217

http://www.4shared.c...28217-DXD1.html

EchoDe

EchoDe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Is this bug a problem with cooking, the original rom or a hardware/software problem with our i900?

I still like this rom :D

When the phone locked up the last time, I noticed that the power switch LED was blue. I've never seen that before. Guess it was a notification for an email...

Edited by EchoDe, 20 February 2010 - 05:20 PM.

dayspring2099us

dayspring2099us

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Is this bug a problem with cooking, the original rom or a hardware/software problem with our i900?

I still like this rom :D

When the phone locked up the last time, I noticed that the power switch LED was blue. I've never seen that before. Guess it was a notification for an email...

Actually the problem must be related with gprs issue or something, but i wish for next build could come with a better upgrade. Just cooked with build 28230 and found out something strange with some issue which related with 25005 build. font in camera menu is bad and furthermore each time wanna merged threaded mail with this build the font all gone anly showing the start icon menu. actually it didn't happen with 28223 which run smoothly with threaded email from 235XX build. So, I guess many similar bugs came along with those new builds because all of them are out from the same branch. Just made a little tweak to get the different number.
Tonight I'm still struggling with 28223 issue...perhaps someone could help me out. the problem is I put threaded email and office 2010 in to the rom and threaded mail is running well but office 2010 (one of those programs always stuck in start menu)

cruddasj

cruddasj

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G
Hey Dayspring. Was just having a nosey over in this thread. With regards to the black apps, id say that you dont need them. I was under the impression that you were trying to get a completely untouched ROM as if samsung had made it.

As an alternative, you could add XDA_UC into your ROMs. Are you using vistangs kitchen or wozzers? If you PM me, ill give you my EXT packet :D No configuring needs doing as it all set up already. That way people can just drop the black cab's into a folder called XDA_UC and it will install them :D

pleasePosted Imageand buy me a coffee:)

dayspring2099us

dayspring2099us

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Hey Dayspring. Was just having a nosey over in this thread. With regards to the black apps, id say that you dont need them. I was under the impression that you were trying to get a completely untouched ROM as if samsung had made it.

As an alternative, you could add XDA_UC into your ROMs. Are you using vistangs kitchen or wozzers? If you PM me, ill give you my EXT packet :D No configuring needs doing as it all set up already. That way people can just drop the black cab's into a folder called XDA_UC and it will install them :D

I'm sticking with wozzer kitchen since beginning..don't have any luck with vistang...lol. it's you're willing to help me out. Believe me I'll pm you. At this moment i'm so dizzy find out solution in order all office 2010 programs working well in build 28223.

cruddasj

cruddasj

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G

I'm sticking with wozzer kitchen since beginning..don't have any luck with vistang...lol. it's you're willing to help me out. Believe me I'll pm you. At this moment i'm so dizzy find out solution in order all office 2010 programs working well in build 28223.

You could just remove office from the SYS and add the 2010 suite as an EXT i believe :s I'll have a go when im next cooking. If you need it quickly tho, you could PM ock, he's got it down to a tea I believe :D

Have you used EXT packets yet? Got some useful tools if you want them too.

pleasePosted Imageand buy me a coffee:)

dayspring2099us

dayspring2099us

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

You could just remove office from the SYS and add the 2010 suite as an EXT i believe :s I'll have a go when im next cooking. If you need it quickly tho, you could PM ock, he's got it down to a tea I believe :D

Have you used EXT packets yet? Got some useful tools if you want them too.

thanks for the usefull tips, I'm trying it now

dasjournal

dasjournal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Does anyone else have Mobile Internet activated on startup?

EchoDe

EchoDe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Does anyone else have Mobile Internet activated on startup?

What is "Mobile Internet"?

In another forum I read that the WM build 28223 does not have the sleep/wake up bug. I guess you already know that, because you are struggling with it :-)
I am looking forward to a new release of you perfect rom :-)

Edited by EchoDe, 21 February 2010 - 06:52 PM.

dasjournal

dasjournal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

What is "Mobile Internet"?

In another forum I read that the WM build 28223 does not have the sleep/wake up bug. I guess you already know that, because you are struggling with it :-)
I am looking forward to a new release of you perfect rom :-)

Oops... "Mobile Internet" should be read as 3G/GPRS.

I agree, a perfect rom!

EchoDe

EchoDe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Oops... "Mobile Internet" should be read as 3G/GPRS.

I agree, a perfect rom!

OK. Then it is a yes. The phone will connect after I unlock it and punch in the pin code.

MartoKT

MartoKT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia i900
can someone confirm "working mouse" on the new Rom 23540?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users