other than a great camera, in my opinion you're not missing anything....
yeah sure the screen is nicer, the device feels of higher quality in terms of ergonomics & button deployment
& of course they's undoubtedly loads of custom ROMS, apps etc that probably make it even better.
but seriously, if you use the 2 phones, in standard, factory trim, side by side (as i've done every day for 2 nearly months)
then you'd be gutted to have forked out extra for the HD2
i'm sure someone will reply back, telling me i'm on crack & that HD2 is amazing & fair enough if you think that - but for me the TG continues to impress, whereas evertime i use the HD2 i become less satisfied with it...
HD2 = great camera, lovely big glass screen
TG = better apps, less bugs, faster in operation
Definitely on Crack!
This coming from someone who had the TG01 for five
months before switching over to the HD2
Dont get me wrong, i loved the TG01 when it came out, and still like some things about it, but its just those little extras that the HD2 has that give it the edge!
1) the size of the screen, and the fact that its hardened glass (and no, i'm not knocking Resistive, merely like the glass as opposed to the more plasticky TG01). Even @ 4.1" Tosh short-changed us with the narrower screen; there is absolutely no reason that they couldn't have given us a wider screen, given that the diagonal length is subjective.
2) Flash; dont knock it as insignificant. Its the difference btw using the cam 24/7 as opposed to outside during 'sunny' daylight hours only! (and lets be honest, the image stabilization?!!, you have to be a veritable statue in order to get a good image, moreso than usual for mobile devices!)
3) Solid feel and better grip; (and yes i like the thinness and weight of the TG01, but that doesn't make it any easier to hold securely)
4) Support! (a major biggy!), even leaving aside the XDA community, HTC are constantly pumping out patches, New CABs and ROM updates (in the four months since its release there have been at least two ROM updates, numerous fixes, in response to consumer issues, and new added features, i.e ebook library & reader). Tosh for the TG01 in 8 months? err... oh yes official MS 6.5 Update! and errr.........
All apps for the TG01 work for the HD2, and are much easier to obtain!
5) 3.5 inch jack, separate to the microUSB port, both of which are on the base (even tho i prefer BT myself)
6) The Mother of all Biggies; NO RANDOM SLOWDOWNS's. No fear that every time you remove the microSD, (easier from the HD2), or connect to the PC that your device will slow down to a crawl, without any recourse for User re-initialisation, (i.e. you have to wait till the device feels like returning to normal operation)
So whilst the TG01 was the first, and had some really good properties, the HD2
outclasses it THOROUGLY!!!!!
Thank you for reading!