Now that HTC Desire is official, Nexus One owners switch or not to switch?

Guest cezent

Guest PhonePersona
so the Nexus is probably a better choice if you wanna flash often and try different types of rom...btw who would like to change his/hers N1 for an Omnia2 plus difference? :())probably no one

Why don't you sell your Omnia on Ebay and then buy an N1 with the money?

Just asking.

Guest Deron G

First post here...hello...

I've had a Nexus One from launch and have been reading as a guest for a while.

How come no one has mentioned the 3 connectors on the bottom of the Nexus One?

The one's that interact with the Docks which the Desire lacks.

Imagine the scenario in a few months time when Google Navigation is unlocked to everybody else (i'm in the UK) and the car docker get's released.

We'll have a dock that will put the Nexus into car mode and will charge it too.

That will be a pretty big difference.

First post here...hello...

I've had a Nexus One from launch and have been reading as a guest for a while.

How come no one has mentioned the 3 connectors on the bottom of the Nexus One?

The one's that interact with the Docks which the Desire lacks.

Imagine the scenario in a few months time when Google Navigation is unlocked to everybody else (i'm in the UK) and the car docker get's released.

We'll have a dock that will put the Nexus into car mode and will charge it too.

That will be a pretty big difference.

well they both have a micro usb port, so the desire will have docks with micro usb. i dont see a problem in that.

not a fan of those overpriced google docks anyway.

Guest masterpfa
The Desire looks nice and SenseUI can be nice as well, but I'm not intrigued. I think I may be a part of the minority that STRONGLY prefers Vanilla over Sense...

I feel with the introduction of 2.1 the Android UI is much more attractive than it used to be. I certainly agree I prefer the look of Vanilla or Eclair over Sense Just my opinion

Its like they're competing with Sony Ericsson on who can have the slowest time to market/release.

Fool me once...

You can say that again, previous experience with Sony Ericcson is all the promise, failure to deliver

I too believe the Nexus 1 will lead the way in updates etc, the Hero and HTC update issues (even worse if a T-Mobile Customer) has left a sour taste in my mouth, 2.1 is current and it's rewarding to hear that all Android phones in the USA will receive this update, shame the same couldn't be said world wide.

If Android is to compete we need uniformity,

"One OS to Rule Them All. One OS to Find Them. One OS to Bring Them All and In The Darkness Bind Them." oops just been watching LOTR again

My choice currently would be the Nexus 1, I still feel the affects of non HTC progress I'm afraid :( (Remember Froyo is on the Horizon!)

Edited by masterpfa

Guest DougEdey
well they both have a micro usb port, so the desire will have docks with micro usb. i dont see a problem in that.

not a fan of those overpriced google docks anyway.

I prefer the non-connector dock, I've had USB connecting docks in the past and they snap connectors easily if they fall.

The google dock may seem expensive, but it is a bluetooth receiver and doesn't need to be docked to play music

I prefer the non-connector dock, I've had USB connecting docks in the past and they snap connectors easily if they fall.

The google dock may seem expensive, but it is a bluetooth receiver and doesn't need to be docked to play music

I have just ordered the dock (and a spare battery) last night...its slightly pricey compare to some other alternative, but the 3 pins at the bottom makes it easy to just drop it in, whereas any micro/mini usb dock means u ll need to force it down everytime (I have cracked my old phone screen on those dock before, so never again...)

anyway latest news suggest Nexus One UK release in April, which means docks,batteries and any other accesories will be directly available in UK from April. We ll see if the car dock and the other dock with spare battery charging will be out then.

Edited by cezent

Guest DougEdey
I have just ordered the dock (and a spare battery) last night...its slightly pricey compare to some other alternative, but the 3 pins at the bottom makes it easy to just drop it in, whereas any micro/mini usb dock means u ll need to force it down everytime (I have cracked my old phone screen on those dock before, so never again...)

It's cheaper then the last official HTC dock I bought for £40

It's cheaper then the last official HTC dock I bought for £40

I reckon when the Nexus One dock are going on sale in UK (or the Desire one), it ll probably be a lot higher than the value of $45, they always know how to pick the FX rate to "benefit" the consumers..

Edited by cezent

Guest Deron G

Yeah I do like that aspect of my dock.

I also like the fact it puts it into clock mode straight away. For those running the Desire Rom how easy is it to get it into car mode?

Does it have car mode?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HaggleLad

Has anyone here actually had a hands on experience of the Desire?

I'm very seriously considering selling my N1 on ebay and buying a Desire once its released, I hate capacitative buttons and the speaker on the N1 is atrocious. If the Desire has a better speaker then its a done deal for me, would only cost me £40 - £60 extra.

Paul, did you say you're definitely getting a Desire once it's launched? If you've got one then we can all be rest assured it will get the deserved ROM attention!

Guest cezent
Has anyone here actually had a hands on experience of the Desire?

I'm very seriously considering selling my N1 on ebay and buying a Desire once its released, I hate capacitative buttons and the speaker on the N1 is atrocious. If the Desire has a better speaker then its a done deal for me, would only cost me £40 - £60 extra.

Paul, did you say you're definitely getting a Desire once it's launched? If you've got one then we can all be rest assured it will get the deserved ROM attention!

The Desire coating is rather plastic, Nexus One is sleeker in styling. The two phones are too close to call, I would keep my money in the pocket for now and see how the Supersonic pens out (next week?).

Edited by cezent

Guest tropmonky

Desire Smire... I was thinking about moving to a Desire to, but then came the Supersonic...

Right now I'm going to stick with my N1 till an Android phone with a newer true "Multitouch" screen comes out.... I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that the Supersonic has a true multitouch, if so I'll be putting my N1 up on ebay as soon as I find that out and just use my trusty hacked 3G iPhone till it comes out and swap over...

Anyone else thinking about the Supersonic?

Edited by tropmonky

Guest Deathwish238

The Supersonic does indeed look nice. Now it has features I would really consider upgrading for. The Desire and N1 are too similar.