Loading up the Desire ROM on the Nexus One (my findings so far)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Shuflie
I'm Irish and I'll overlook 800 years of British oppression just this once. My grandfather fought for this rom, and I'll defend to the end. Or until a better one comes along. The mob is a very fickle.

I'm pretty sure Paul is a little bit Irish too, seem to remember that from way back :D

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...nse-desire-rom/

I'll be back online tomorrow to respond to any queries, but go have so fun! :( I'm off to have some wine... :(

P

Good Morning...If this has been addressed elsewhere, please let me know...I'm not able to pair any Bluetooth Devices to my Nexus one since updated to Alpha 10...

I'm running the following:

Firmware Version 2.1-update 1

Baseband Version - 32.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2 (I had to revert back to older Baseband Version...the 32.26 Version was dropping Connections every 5 Minutes)

Kernel Version - 2.6.32.8-cm-teknologist-0.5

Build Number - passion-user 2.1-update 1 ERE27 24178 release-keys

Software Number - MoDaCo Custom ROM with Sense Alpha 10

Browser Version - WebKit 3.1

I've seen other folks stating on issues...Is there some way I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide...

-M

Guest aegdawson

Bluetooth doesn't appear to work... scanning for devices fails to find my headphones :( ... any thoughts?

The rest is pretty incredible and very enjoyable indeed.

Thanks

Tony

Alright, here's a question I haven't seen asked or answered.

We know that the stock N1 ROM will not support 3G on any other network other than T-Mo's. Will this ROM enable 3G on other networks as well?

BTW, awesome work, Paul!

We know that the stock N1 ROM will not support 3G on any other network other than T-Mo's. Will this ROM enable 3G on other networks as well?

BTW, awesome work, Paul!

In the USA, No. it's T-Mo 3G and that's it. it's not the ROM it's the Radio (3G Bands) in the phone the determines what 3G networks it will work with. i'm not familiar with the European 3G Bands, but from what i've read, 3G appears to work with several European providers. Edited by cortez

BTW, awesome work, Paul!

for the full story, read this:

http://www.thesearethedroids.com/2010/02/0...3g-frequencies/

in short, the n1 lacks hardware support for other frequencies.

Edited by xkonni

Guest TecKnight
Top effort Paul.

Does the camera support touch to focus and face recognition (as per the Desire specs on HTC).

As prev poster said, does FM work or will this require a new radio flash ?

What is missing / not working ?

Rocky,

The answer is YES, the camera supports both.

I have found the wired and wireless tethering stuff did not work initially, but works fine now that I uninstalled and re-installed the tethering apps, they are working flawlessly.

Off the top of my head, the only issues am having at this moment are:

1. The camera software is not the final release, so the resolutions are capped for both still and video, although I actually like the camera app better than the native one on the stock Nexus One.

2. I will occasionally get force closes of processes and have even had a total hard lockup (requiring a battery pull).

On the plus side, I like the screen layout ALOT better and it "feels" much snappier to respond, change screens, etc.

TecKnight