[WM Kitchen] osKitchen NEW UI v1.23b - Easy Visual Kitchen

Guest smaury

Guest waremike32
We still need the WozXipFix in the new 1.15 kitchen?

I don't think you need the WozzXIPfix or my XIPFix anymore. The 1.15 kitchen does a good job of extracting CF03 (select i910 as your device). When you upgrade to a new SYS though, make sure it has the WinCENLS package, or move a copy to your i910\XIP.

The only issues I see with the kitchen is that pagepool doesn't change and the disable security warnings tweak won't disable the unsigned programs warning.

Anyone know where to get a better dialer? Like the PhatFingers dialer? I looked around in Google but couldn't find it.

Here's the original phatfingers thread, there's a few skins posted throughout.

http://omniarom.com/forum/index.php?topic=876.0

Edited by waremike32

I don't think you need the WozzXIPfix or my XIPFix anymore. The 1.15 kitchen does a good job of extracting CF03 (select i910 as your device). When you upgrade to a new SYS though, make sure it has the WinCENLS package, or move a copy to your i910\XIP.

What if I am using that 'minimal OEM' file that I listed before? Do i still need XIPFix files? I find that OEM is better for cooking since it just contains the bare necessities.

/Chimp

Guest thekevster
What if I am using that 'minimal OEM' file that I listed before? Do i still need XIPFix files? I find that OEM is better for cooking since it just contains the bare necessities.

/Chimp

it doesnt matter which OEM you use. the SYS/XIP and OEM are two seperate parts.

Edited by thekevster

Guest waremike32

Some files in WozzXipFix came from the OEM and could have been deleted. You should check and make sure you have all the files from the xipfix present somewhere in your kitchen, if you're using the slim OEM.

Guest thekevster

has anybody tried unzipping the kitchen and extracting the CF03 exe in xp or vista then moving the kitchen over to windows 7? didnt know if it would break the kitchen or cause problems. havent had a chance to test it yet since i havent been around my desktop with xp lately and trying to dual boot xp and 7 on my laptop seems to make the kitchen not work at all.

Guest Chimp
Some files in WozzXipFix came from the OEM and could have been deleted. You should check and make sure you have all the files from the xipfix present somewhere in your kitchen, if you're using the slim OEM.

I don't see them in there, so I am just going to keep the WozzXipFix in there, shouldn't hurt anything anyway I figure.

Guest Chimp

Question regarding Modules or Files:

For Omnia i910 ROMs we build (based on CF03), should we be choosing modules or files? I hear that if it is a native 6.5 kernel, then we choose MODULES; otherwise, FILES. True? Are these ROMs based on a native 6.5 kernel, or a 6.1 kernel?

/Chimp

Guest waremike32

Correct. The native kernel is device specific, so the Omnia always uses a 6.1 nk. So we choose files over modules when we have the option.

Guest thekevster

downloaded and copied msvcr71.dll to C:/Windows and the i910 cf03 ruu exe successfully unzipped for me with windows 7 32 bit

hope this helps other win7 users.

i have attached the msvcr71 file i used. change .txt to .dll before copying to C:/Windows. the location may differ for others with multiple partitions on their hard disk. be sure to put it on the partition of the drive where windows 7 is installed.

the update file was placed in the root of the kitchen too, not sure if that will affect anything though.

msvcr71.txt

Edited by thekevster

Guest Chimp
Correct. The native kernel is device specific, so the Omnia always uses a 6.1 nk. So we choose files over modules when we have the option.

Waremike, are we (Omnia) ever going to get a 6.5 native kernel? Or do we have to wait till Verizon produces a 6.5 update (if ever)?

/Chimp

Guest Chimp

Anyone know where build 28232 sys files are at? I checked out the sources at the start of this thread but none of them seem to have that build; yet I see others are building from it.

Thanks.

/Chimp

Guest cac2us
Cac2us, is that all I need, including the SYS and ROM? Seems small, smaury's other SysPacs are like 111MB.... this one is only 35MB?

It un-packs to 109MB. @ 25% compression.

Everything is there it's just scattered about.

28232 is much faster but the camera still has the Portrait Font Issue.

The screen taps are much more responsive.

Guest Chimp
It un-packs to 109MB. @ 25% compression.

Everything is there it's just scattered about.

28232 is much faster but the camera still has the Portrait Font Issue.

The screen taps are much more responsive.

Ah cool, I'll see if I can place everything tomorrow.

Is that the only real problem, is the cameral font issue? And I think I heard if you start the camera in landscape and then go to portrait it works fine.

So no other issues? No other font problems?

/Chimp

Guest Chimp

Smaury,

Your 28230 sys pack on your first thread must somehow be corrupted. I have downloaded it three times and no matter what it will never unzip properly - always gives a 'fatal error' right near the end.

Just so you know .... :(

/Chiimp

Guest cac2us
Smaury,

Your 28230 sys pack on your first thread must somehow be corrupted. I have downloaded it three times and no matter what it will never unzip properly - always gives a 'fatal error' right near the end.

Just so you know .... :(

/Chiimp

Keep the webpage open during the whole dl and use 7zip.

Worked for me.

EDIT:

Somewhere back a few pages, I read to use the "repair" function in winrar.

The file includes much more than is needed for just 96dpi and res 240 x 400 and 0409.

But it contains the repair info.

Edited by cac2us

Guest Chimp
Thank you yet again Smaury, for bringing another great kitchen to the Omnia.

I edited the recmod batch by Wozzer and myself for this kitchen and as always, I thought I'd share.

Copy nuerecmod.exe & recfile.cmd to \Resources\Tools

Copy and run the Recmod SYS cmd from the root of the kitchen.

Enjoy 0 Modules in Slot 0.

Waremike: I just noticed there is no recfolder.cmd in your zip file; yet the rec mod command file is referring to it. Therefore, stuff in the folders is not getting recmodded.

Guest cac2us
Waremike: I just noticed there is no recfolder.cmd in your zip file; yet the rec mod command file is referring to it. Therefore, stuff in the folders is not getting recmodded.

Chimp,

I think I remember being advised to "Fix the atributes" in the sys folder to be able to recmod them properly.

I think I did it by right click the sys folder, select Properties, check both the boxes, click Apply, OK, refresh the folder.

Then do it again, this time un-check both boxes. Make sure you agree to "This folder and All Subfolders" both times.

Refresh, and the recmod should work..

Also here is a link to the "Portrait Font Fix"

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1206393

ock has a i900, but a lot of the info in that thread applies to the i910 also..

I belive the SYS files are NOT Sub-Device specific.

Such as Omnia/i900 Omnia/i910, SYS files should be the same.

Edited by cac2us

Guest bd177

Found this in the Tools of another kitchen when i noticed, as you did, it was missing. Change the name back to .cmd

recfolder.cmd.txt

Guest waremike32

You're right, but if you look at the recfile list, most of those files are being recmodded by the recfile.cmd anyway. I still get 0 modules in slot 0 w/o the few modules it skips. Check your buildlog and see if you need to add it or not to free up a few more modules.

Guest Chimp
Also here is a link to the "Portrait Font Fix"

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1206393

ock has a i900, but a lot of the info in that thread applies to the i910 also..

I belive the SYS files are NOT Sub-Device specific.

Such as Omnia/i900 Omnia/i910, SYS files should be the same.

cac2us,

I am having considerable problems with 28232... so much so that I had to revert back to 28230 till I can figure out what is going on. Some of my cabs that I converted to EXTs are simply not installing right during the cooking process. More importantly, I tried that Portrait Font Fix but when I applied it strange things occurred when I flashed to my Omnia. The biggest one was that the scrolling panel below the top bar in some of the apps (example: go to settings...system...about - the flip scrolling panel that says Copyrights < Version > Device Id - not sure what that is called now) is completely transparent and shows some weird symbols in it. This was true for all the screens that have that panel in it.

So I don't know if it was that particular fix; or if something else was goofy in my conversion of the 28232 sys package to the kitchen, or what. But until I figure it out I will have to stick with 28230 so that I can at least use my phone.

Any ideas, or if you know of someone who has a good 28230 sys setup ready for this kitchen, let me know. Thanks.

/Chimp (Tom)