Photo

Toshiba Support Responses - can we poll our resonses from Toshiba RE sound quality issues

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Lobothos

Lobothos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:Toshiba TG01
I just wrote an email to my network operator (Orange France) so they can confirm (or not) if Toshiba is really negotiating with operators about this fix release.

souljaboy

souljaboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
nice work guys ... adzman808 dont worry ur work wont go in vain , we shall send them similar mails till we get a ACCEPTABLE response

Lobothos

Lobothos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

nice work guys ... adzman808 dont worry ur work wont go in vain , we shall send them similar mails till we get a ACCEPTABLE response

Yep, don't give up the fight <_<

It's a PHONE so we have the right to use it as a PHONE !! if nobody's able to ear anything during a call, this device is useless, even with all its nice capacities and potential...

Richard, Carola etc. , I hope you're reading this thread !

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak TG01 HD2 CBR600RR7
  • Twitter:@adzman808
thanks for the kind words guys - if there's progress to be made, WE'LL make it <_<

i have not had a response yet (from todays email)

but i'll give them until tomorrow

then i'll send a POLITE chaser mail

then i'll PATIENTLY wait

then i'll send another chaser & another & another (probably by then cedesmith & Wen will have the ROM LOL)

softly softly does it

Can i IMPLORE all of you

1 - PLEASE send your own emails (as you have been)
2 - PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE don't be abusive or 'shout' at toshiba, as this will set us back

I work in a IT support environment & believe me... outside of VIPs he who shouts loudest waits longest to get the least

its all about maintaining unavoidable pressure....

if we say F this, F that at them - they say "sir i can't support your request due to the abusive nature of your tone"

if we say "legally you haven't done this & but you said this would happen & it hasn't" then we give them little room wriggle away...

cheers
Adam

===============================================================================

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

such a noob, i'm greener than the android icon!!

Ács Lajos

Ács Lajos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Well, they said that there will be a fix...let's hope they said the truth !!

This call sound issue drives me crazy <_< , and yet I still believe there is a lot of potential in this phone !

hi guys
why dont we make a website together? dontbuytoshibatgforcall.com
we would link all of similar forums with the issues. i dont know how to make website, but im sure somebody knows bwtwen us. seems to they are just lie to us. i think the website with lot of angry users would be serious.
sorry for my english, i hope you are understand what i wrote.
lali from hungary

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

I just wrote an email to my network operator (Orange France) so they can confirm (or not) if Toshiba is really negotiating with operators about this fix release.

Outstanding idea buddy,

can you share the response if you get one please?

wouldn't it by nice to send Tosh an email that amounts too

"you say you're negociating with the providers, yet the providers don't know anything about this, please advise"

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

Lobothos

Lobothos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

2 - PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE don't be abusive or 'shout' at toshiba, as this will set us back

I work in a IT support environment & believe me... outside of VIPs he who shouts loudest waits longest to get the least

I totally agree with you... we have to put the pressure on Toshiba, but always stay polite !
(I know what it is to work in a assistance & support hotline <_< )

Lobothos

Lobothos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Outstanding idea buddy,

can you share the response if you get one please?

No problem, I'll feeback their response...

wouldn't it by nice to send Tosh an email that amounts too

"you say you're negociating with the providers, yet the providers don't know anything about this, please advise"

I'm not sure it would be that nice <_< ... that would mean they lied to us and never worked on a fix (or the release date could be much later)

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

No problem, I'll feeback their response...
I'm not sure it would be that nice <_< ... that would mean they lied to us and never worked on a fix (or the release date could be much later)

hahaha yes of course,

i meant if they lie to us it would be nice to have the proof that they have lied to us!!!

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

Lobothos

Lobothos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
<_< still nothing on toshiba's website

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
today's installment.....

=======================================================
Sent: 12 March 2010 11:12
To: Bonn, Adam
Subject: 100218EM14490725

Dear Adam Bonn

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications. Regarding about your enquiry, we understand your frustration with our product and we can recommend to contact our repair center to book in your device to be repaired.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for further assistance and use the reference number found in the subject field for all enquiries.

Best Regards,

Richard Genovezzi

Toshiba Mobile Communications,

T: 008000 505 2006 - International free phone number
T: 0044 207 111 0990 - Please use this number if your country does not support the free phone number
E: [email protected]

................................................................................

Richard,

What can your repair centre offer me?

Clearly there is a problem with more than just my TG01 device, Toshiba have admitted there is fault & have assured many users that they will release a fix for users to download.

Other than being without my telephone for a number of days – what exactly can your repair centre offer me?

Are you offering to upgrade my phone’s ROM to a later version of Windows Mobile (eg 6.5.3)

Are you offering to update my radio stack to resolve the telephony issue?

If the recommended repair is not any of the above, are you at least able to offer a re-flash of my ROM to a generic Toshiba standard, free of operator branding & operator applications?

It’s clear from the emails that I have received from you & your colleagues that Toshiba are planning to resolve the audio issues by a software update.

If Toshiba wanted users to send back their devices (which would not be a cost effective solution for Toshiba) then they would have publicized this.

Please can you tell me exactly what the repair will entail?

Thanks & regards

Adam
=====================================

i'm trying to resist the tempation to call them... i want a written record of what we've spoke about...

not sure how to take the offer of sending my phone to thier repair centre...

I'm guessing its them trying to shut me up... but POSSIBLY they want to install the fix they haven't released to us

but i'm just guessing...

TBH i don't wanna test something to see if it works, i just want it TOO work !!

cheers

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

Lobothos

Lobothos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Same thing for me, I wrote them an email this morning asking for more news about the fix/update/whatever...

I'm now waiting for their answer.

(BTW, I'm still waiting for Orange response to my yesterday's email too)

John Simmons

John Simmons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:TG01, HTC HD2
How about contacting Toshiba directly outside the normal customer services channel. I'm sending a fax to their Tokyo office today afternoon, marked to the president of Toshiba - not sure if it will amount to much but no harm in trying. If I get a response I'll update you.

Was trying to find out the contact details of Toshiba UK/Europe head so that I can write to them as well, but didn't have much success. If anyone has the contact details pls post it here.

Has anyone considered writing into channels like BBC watchdog? Even a possibility of adverse media publicity usually produce quite swift action in large companies like Toshiba.

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

How about contacting Toshiba directly outside the normal customer services channel. I'm sending a fax to their Tokyo office today afternoon, marked to the president of Toshiba - not sure if it will amount to much but no harm in trying. If I get a response I'll update you.

Was trying to find out the contact details of Toshiba UK/Europe head so that I can write to them as well, but didn't have much success. If anyone has the contact details pls post it here.

Has anyone considered writing into channels like BBC watchdog? Even a possibility of adverse media publicity usually produce quite swift action in large companies like Toshiba.

that's a good idea... although it may not amount to much.... I would imagine the CEO of Toshiba won't get to see your fax.... maybe his/her PA will.... so expect a polite response asking you to contact support @ Toshiba europe.....

but like you say - it can't do any harm at all, go for it <_< :mellow: :( :D

I'm toying with the idea of ringin the support number & asking to speak to a manager.... but TBH 1) i want a written record of what i'm being told [yes i know i could record the call] & 2) people whom deal with irate customers on the phone will easily be able to politely fob me off, so i'm not sure what benefit it'll have..

i love the watchdog* idea

but i'm not sure how strong our case is...

- not everyone has the audio issue
- not everyone agrees on how bad the audio issue is, it's problematic & annoying rather than a health risk & terminal (watchdog likes cheated pensioners & dangerous child seat type stories)
- mobile phones are renowed for bad signals
- most of us are on orange, in the UK second only to 3 in terms of pathetic coverage (i believe)
- toshiba have recently given every TG onwer a free upgrade to 6.5
- toshiba have never once said to any of us "your device is less than 1 yr old, therefore the warranty is with the provider - please go to them for support"
- a lot of us bought the TG at heavily discounted price or got it free with a contract.

please don't think i am saying we deserve a shjt phone

but equally toshiba have done more than some of us credit them with & frankly if you wanted iphone quality, then we all know you need to find about 2.5 large over 2 years or lay down a monkey** up front to get one

We'll push & drive toshiba as hard as we can for as long as it takes

but we'll need patience, we really will...

Cheers
Adam

for our non-UK friends =

* watchdog is cumsumer afairs TV program, which takes up problems the public are having with big coproations

** 2.5 large = £2500 / monkey = £500

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

pipi52

pipi52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:TG01

that's a good idea... although it may not amount to much.... I would imagine the CEO of Toshiba won't get to see your fax.... maybe his/her PA will.... so expect a polite response asking you to contact support @ Toshiba europe.....

but like you say - it can't do any harm at all, go for it <_< :mellow: :( :D
I'm toying with the idea of ringin the support number & asking to speak to a manager.... but TBH 1) i want a written record of what i'm being told [yes i know i could record the call] & 2) people whom deal with irate customers on the phone will easily be able to politely fob me off, so i'm not sure what benefit it'll have..

i love the watchdog* idea

but i'm not sure how strong our case is...

- not everyone has the audio issue
- not everyone agrees on how bad the audio issue is, it's problematic & annoying rather than a health risk & terminal (watchdog likes cheated pensioners & dangerous child seat type stories)
- mobile phones are renowed for bad signals
- most of us are on orange, in the UK second only to 3 in terms of pathetic coverage (i believe)
- toshiba have recently given every TG onwer a free upgrade to 6.5
- toshiba have never once said to any of us "your device is less than 1 yr old, therefore the warranty is with the provider - please go to them for support"
- a lot of us bought the TG at heavily discounted price or got it free with a contract.

please don't think i am saying we deserve a shjt phone

but equally toshiba have done more than some of us credit them with & frankly if you wanted iphone quality, then we all know you need to find about 2.5 large over 2 years or lay down a monkey** up front to get one

We'll push & drive toshiba as hard as we can for as long as it takes

but we'll need patience, we really will...

Cheers
Adam

for our non-UK friends =

* watchdog is cumsumer afairs TV program, which takes up problems the public are having with big coproations

** 2.5 large = £2500 / monkey = £500

can I ask the obvious question here, does anybody reading this forum have a perfectly working toshiba tg01 phone, with which they are able to have a conversation and the other person can hear them perfectly?

i am on my fourth handset now, the orange support lady said, you might as well sell the phone on one of those recycle websites...i laughed, but truth is I love this little device! apart from the phone, the rest of it works superbly - which is what i have been trying to tell toshiba support. forget the operators, just release the fix.....and stick a label on (use at own risk), i'll gladly take that risk.

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

can I ask the obvious question here, does anybody reading this forum have a perfectly working toshiba tg01 phone, with which they are able to have a conversation and the other person can hear them perfectly?

i am on my fourth handset now, the orange support lady said, you might as well sell the phone on one of those recycle websites...i laughed, but truth is I love this little device! apart from the phone, the rest of it works superbly - which is what i have been trying to tell toshiba support. forget the operators, just release the fix.....and stick a label on (use at own risk), i'll gladly take that risk.

absolutely you can ask

& yes

aparently so....

the problem is that for every person who says "i did XYZ to my phone & now it works great" another person arrives saying i did that too & it did nothing

so it's all a little subjective...

people who have unlocked & moved away from orange report superior call quality (i've proved this to my own satisfaction at least)

people who have migrated to the italian ROM (allegedly the least branded version) have reported improvements in call quality

there's a guy on ebay who claims he can be-brand your TG using the orginal firmware - this could also be the fix....

the final suggestion above has confused us all a little bit as the ROM cook types over at XDA don't think that this is possible (to bedrand without a ROM)

that said he's on ebay selling the service.....

i like the jokey little comment from the orange lady (thats the lady who works for orange, not some sort of tanning salon mistake <_<)

you should have said in reply

"how about rather than me having to sell this device privately at a loss, why don't you take it back gimme a HD2/iPhone & reimburse me for all my troubles, hassle & wasting my time?"

Cheers

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

Lobothos

Lobothos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
This is going ridiculous, here is the last email I received from Toshiba:

Dear Valued Toshiba Customer

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications.

We don't have this information available at this time but would recommend that you check back on our website regularly for any further developments.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for further assistance and use the reference number found in the subject field for all enquiries.

Best Regards,

Toshiba Mobile Communications,

T: 008000 505 2006 - International free phone number
T: 0044 207 111 0990 - Please use this number if your country does not support the free phone number
E: [email protected]

www.toshiba-europe.com/mobile

<_<

columbo

columbo

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Although my TG01 has been a little bit better behaved over the last 3 weeks or so, (not sure what I've done, but it may be due to having been very careful what starts up on boot, especially from the card) I am far from 'satisfied'. No user of a product sold as 'fit for purpose'. whatever they have paid (getting it free with a contract still counts as having paid for it, they don't give them away for nothing!), should have to excessively fiddle with the product just to make it usable.

Part of the problem is Orange's policy of not allowing people to break from their contract is the fault hasn't been reported in the first 28 days, and the fact that they do not offer any other phone of equivalent spec as a replacement. This means Orange have little incentive to treat these problems as urgent.

Because I have not been well, I have chosen to wait until the update comes out before deciding whether or not to take Orange to the small claims court. I know I would win because a chap from Devon did exactly the same thing to Carphone Warehouse not so long ago.

If the update fixes it, I won't have reason to take legal action, but that still leaves me wondering if Watchdog should still know about this. They would probably be better able to get a story about Orange policies not really fitting in with the Sale of Goods Act, and perhaps highlight the possibility that this allows for an increase in shoddy phones (the HD2 and Omnia II have not exactly been problem-free themselves, but at least they can cook their own ROMs at the moment).

I have a friend who writes software for one of the major networks, and he says that they are under massive pressure to release phones by a certain date, regardless of whether they are completely working or not. And if mobile companies are able to lock people into their contracts after only 28 days, then this means that they can get away with selling goods they know to be faulty.

I have just emailed Toshiba again with a polite but firm reminder that this is taking a long time. I will let you all know if I get a response.

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
i fcuking hate orange (on principle)

if you think there's mileage in the watchdog route, then please let us know how you get on.

as a GERNERAL RULE OF THUMB it appears people who have migrated away from orange (by either unlocking or swapping to the italian or "ebay" ROM) seem to have enjoyed better call quality....

kick orange in the nuts man !!!

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

Lobothos

Lobothos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

i fcuking hate orange (on principle)

if you think there's mileage in the watchdog route, then please let us know how you get on.

as a GERNERAL RULE OF THUMB it appears people who have migrated away from orange (by either unlocking or swapping to the italian or "ebay" ROM) seem to have enjoyed better call quality....

kick orange in the nuts man !!!

<_<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users