Toshiba Support Responses - can we poll our resonses from Toshiba RE sound quality issues

Guest adzman808

Guest Lobothos
oh oh

possible problem, can't get frason gps gate to install after update

need it for tomtom

anyone else with this problem

What do you mean "can't get frason gps gate to install after update"... what kind of error ?

you can try GPSPLEX, download here

Still no update for french rom... aaaaaaargh !!!!!!!!! :)

Edited by Lobothos

Guest mcoen

One happy person here. Installed the upgrade (UK version) and made a call to check the sound quality and it definite is a big improvement. :-)

Guest laggy
Thanks for this information!

Well then, to sum up, our TG01 is now a very very good PHONE!

Also no more GPS problems with reconnects!

I start to love this phone without errors.

:) I started to like the Toshiba "Stripe Menu" too !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest pipi52
One happy person here. Installed the upgrade (UK version) and made a call to check the sound quality and it definite is a big improvement. :-)

i can't wait to get home and try the update on my tg01 - at last I can put my trusty old samsung back in the box and take out my shinny new TG01....

Guest supersonix
i can't wait to get home and try the update on my tg01 - at last I can put my trusty old samsung back in the box and take out my shinny new TG01....

Orange FR update now...

Guest dodgydoggy
What do you mean "can't get frason gps gate to install after update"... what kind of error ?

you can try GPSPLEX, download here

Still no update for french rom... aaaaaaargh !!!!!!!!! :)

error reads

'GpsGatePPC' is not a valid Pocket PC application'

installed & worked perfectly before

Guest steve_uk

Firstly a big THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to this thread, especially those who have contacted Toshiba directly.

I bought my TG-01 last September on Orange_UK with the stardard Win mobile 6.1.

It was only after I upgraded to 6.5 (build 5005000167) that I started with the sound problems we all seem to be suffering from

However this morning I took the plunge and risked the new update from the Toshiba website. (build 5005000176).

I can confirm it installed directly over the old software from the SD card with no problems and is now running along great.

It now reads

CE OS 5.2.21876(Build 21876.5.0.72)

Software version 5005.0001.76

Radio version 5001.0001.76

All my programs have installed back on with no hitch, these include IGO 8, SPB Mobile shell and wireless manager and SK Tools.

The call quality does seem to be improved so fingers crossed for all of us.

Steve

Guest gmx333

From my side after the update (ITA ROM) I can connect the bluetooth headset but I can't hear people on the otherside while they can hear me and I still can hear all system sounds.

Does anyone else exprienced this problem??

Guest adzman808

SAVED THE BEST TO LAST - CHECK TODAY'S TOSHIBA RESPONSE !!!!

perhaps this thread needs closing (i can say that - i started it :))

to be replaced no doubt with problems with the new ROM

but lets just be happy for a day or 2 first huh?

anyways - enjoy this one, it's a classic...

=========================================

Sent: 17 March 2010 16:23

To: Bonn, Adam

Subject: 100218EM14490725

Dear Adam

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications.

In reviewing your e-mail history I can see that we have looked into this

problem several times. I am sorry the service is taking more than one occurrence to

resolve your problem. In most cases, we are equipped to handle diagnosis and troubleshoot

on your problems . However this situation does require that audio issue update will be released soon on Toshiba web site

At this time we are unable to provide an estimated time for update I know you don’t want

to hear this, and I am sorry this happened. We will fix the problem as quickly as

possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for further assistance and use the reference number found in the subject field for all enquiries.

Best Regards,

Harika K.

==================================

Sent: 17 March 2010 16:38

To: 'Toshiba Support'

Subject: RE: 100218EM14490725

Hi Harika,

Yes your summary of the situation is indeed accurate. It has taken a while & I’ve not had any meaningful info from yourselves.

Which brings me nicely to my next point; you obviously don’t realize that Toshiba released a suite of updated ROMs for TG01 at approximately 6pm GMT 16/03/2010

I’ll be installing this update tonight, but other TG01 users have reported favorable results on the various internet forums that exist for smart phone users.

So I think that we’re OK…..

But please if all possible – ask your teams why it is me (the customer) telling you about the content of your own website & why it is me advising you of the availability of the fix.

I am generally happy with your product & I’m excited about resolving the ROM issue via the aforementioned update.

But my experiences with your support process have left me very frustrated.

I realize that these problems (with your support) are bigger than any one person, so if at all possible please thank Carola & Richard for attempting to help me.

Perhaps you should send me a free TG02 for my trouble?!!

Thanks & regards

Adam

Guest bib*oops
SAVED THE BEST TO LAST - CHECK TODAY'S TOSHIBA RESPONSE !!!!

Perhaps you should send me a free TG02 for my trouble?!!

Thanks & regards

Adam

Nice one, Adam... :)

Guest souljaboy

lmao imho ur just fuccing harassing them and the only thing this will lead them to do is hate their customers but obliviously u know better ...

Guest adzman808
lmao imho ur just fuccing harassing them and the only thing this will lead them to do is hate their customers but obliviously u know better ...

t'was a little joke (about the TG02 phone) but i was deadly serious about them telling me they had no idea when the update would be released.

you only have to read the this entire topic to see our expectations dashed time & time again by Toshiba

you think i should have just ignored thier last email?

nothing's worse (in the support industry) than when the customer DOESN'T tell you the problem is fixed

not saying i know better, i guess i'd be 'oblivious' so how could i know?! :)

but i do know know the IT support industry

glad i made you "lmao"

cheers

Guest Lobothos
oh oh

possible problem, can't get frason gps gate to install after update

need it for tomtom

anyone else with this problem

Ok, here is the solution:

just reinstall GPSGate from the exe on your computer, not the cab... and voila :)

Guest adzman808

netpost.jpg

double standards or just no standards?

:)

Guest souljaboy

well i wanted to reply but i didnt feel like it , but since u brought it up...

i agree with the idea of telling them whats up and whats wrong but u were way past the line ... theres no need to be rude , if they wanna fix it they will ...

please compare the email i sent them to the one u sent them if u dont know what im talking about

hello

(i have TG01)

like many others , i am also experiencing call quality/ sound problems on my 900mhz vodafone network , not the one many people have with popping/banging sounds for the other side , but the speaker is very quiet yet sounds like it getting a very high gain so my sound is disorted ... volume change doesnt make it better , also if i record a call the playback will be the same disorted sound so its not coming from the speaker ...

btw my problem is exactly the same as this guy's (its not me)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=4879312&postcount=240

thanks for any updates if you decide to(it really needs some)...

Edited by souljaboy

Guest adzman808

there's nothing rude in my emails

i've been polite in them all & i've shared them all here

the reason i've copied & pasted your xda post here, (as i'm sure you realise) is your complete double standard in terms of tone & content between what you (unfairly) criticise me for & what you invite people to do in your xda post.

perhaps u don't see it, but it is a joke to be told there's no update when one was released already, this is appaling service management & i'd expect better from from a global player such as toshiba.

this thread is full of 2 things - genuine efforts by members of this forum to coax toshiba to resolve the problem & praise for the efforts of the people who have tried to get toshiba to resolve the problem.

& we all got an update, horay, case closed, party time :)

lets leave it there, ok buddy?

Guest arunbabu

yesterday i downloaded the file from toshiba support site using gprs only to sdcard and extracted to root of sdcard. sddl.exe didnt support then again i got sddl+ from net and in a new folder named prg i pasted .tsw file and executed sddl+. finished. now my phone is free from banging, knocking, hissing and call drop out problem 70 min i spoke now its great. i listen (superb) mp3 songs and enjoy it. sound from speakers are better than before. few more improvements over start menu issues rectified. if any one wants the proof can call me to my number am using this tg01.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest useyourfist
Any chance somebody could email to me? Looks like they've taken it off the site!!??

English ROM version ;)

its this one here

http://www.toshiba-europe.com/mobile/Mobil...T%3d0%3bSEC%3d3

even tho it dont look new or there is no mention of it being an updated version it is a newer build on windows 6.5 then what you will have on your phone.

Guest marvas

Its April 2010 and I still get random call drops and jarbelled phone conversations on the TG01.

Toshiba really need to fix their phones call quiality.

Sometimes its great sometimes it absolutely crap all from the same location with the same signal strength.

It seems they released a "beta" phone and are not willing to fix it.

Anyone managed to get a updated radio sack for the TG01?

Please let me know.