95 replies to this topic

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i920

is there a way to uninstall or disable opera 9.5 from the original rom? id love to stop flashing but the one thing i hate bout the cf03 is that on the widget today screen, the internet button goes to 9.5 even if u have 10.3 installed

You need a registry editor to do this. There is one attached to Post #1 but here it is again.

Open your registry editor and navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai
Highlight the :DEFBROWSER item
Key 0=Opera Browser
Key 1="the path to your Opera Browser .exe file"
Exit your registry editor and you should be good to go.

I would test it before you delete the original Opera files.

Attached Files

Edited by dgyahn, 15 March 2010 - 07:35 PM.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

pacmantravis

pacmantravis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:SMT 5600
How did you get it set up like in the 3rd screenshot? The one where the clock is on the top and it has an orange/yellow background?

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

How did you get it set up like in the 3rd screenshot? The one where the clock is on the top and it has an orange/yellow background?

You select this from your settings menu. Go to Start/Settings/Home/Items. Check the Samsung Today box and exit. You can change some of the shortcuts by a long press on the icon and selecting edit.

Edited by dgyahn, 26 March 2010 - 02:49 PM.

Edmund Burke

pacmantravis

pacmantravis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:SMT 5600

You select this from your settings menu. Go to Start/Settings/Home/Items. Check the Samsung Today box and exit. You can change some of the shortcuts by a long press on the icon and selecting edit.

Thanks!

maneddi

maneddi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
"With that being said I decided to flash back the stock Verizon 6.1 CF03 ROM and just add the registry edits and programs I need and use. I no longer have any problems with anything I use my phone for. No dropped calls, no problems with SMS or MMS, internet tethering works, Wi-Fi works, GPS works, long battery life, it's fast and most importantly, EVERYTHING JUST PLAIN WORKS!!!"
i couldn't agree more. i just recently discovered flashing and i would rather have the stock rom with just a couple of minor mods for my preferences. i flashed back to the stock rom last nite but it is the new cf22 rom. can you confirm if the cabs and reg edits you have are valid for this rom before i try them and brick my phone?

sbpetro

sbpetro

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Tried to go back to CF03 basic but when I got done flashing I now have the align screen loop and cannot figure out how to get beyond it.

Any Help?

tractor101

tractor101

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910

Tried to go back to CF03 basic but when I got done flashing I now have the align screen loop and cannot figure out how to get beyond it.

Any Help?

First poke and hold untill the target gets to the next stop, repeat. If that don't work, try drawing little circles intead of pocking the target.

You could also make a blank text file called "welcome.not" and stick it in the storage card; that will bypass the initial cal. The only problem, your calibration could be way-off and you would have to know how to do it by reg edit.

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Any Help?

Try flashing the ROM again. Make sure you are using the official Verizon ROM update file. Do not use UMDL to flash back to your original ROM. The link to the original Verizon update file is in Post #40.

Edmund Burke

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

"With that being said I decided to flash back the stock Verizon 6.1 CF03 ROM and just add the registry edits and programs I need and use. I no longer have any problems with anything I use my phone for. No dropped calls, no problems with SMS or MMS, internet tethering works, Wi-Fi works, GPS works, long battery life, it's fast and most importantly, EVERYTHING JUST PLAIN WORKS!!!"
i couldn't agree more. i just recently discovered flashing and i would rather have the stock rom with just a couple of minor mods for my preferences. i flashed back to the stock rom last nite but it is the new cf22 rom. can you confirm if the cabs and reg edits you have are valid for this rom before i try them and brick my phone?

I haven't tried any of these with the new DC22 ROM. I don't believe that they would brick your phone though. The reg edits and cabs all worked on the previous 2 versions of the ROM. I would try the registry edit cabs one at a time to see if you run into problems. If so you could always reflash the stock rom using the official updater and start again.

Edmund Burke

maneddi

maneddi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
in response to post #41 i have the same problem. i have opera 10 installed but the globe in the touch wiz points to opera 9. you said
"Open your registry editor and navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai
Highlight the :DEFBROWSER item
Key 0=Opera Browser
Key 1="the path to your Opera Browser .exe file"
Exit your registry editor and you should be good to go."

i did this and key 1 had the path to opera 10... i'm lost... ;) can you be more specific on what to do to get the touch wiz globe to point to opera 10?

MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Devices:Verizon Samsung Omnia
I can't get the WMWifiRouter.CAB to copy over to my phone and I can't run SoftKeyManager on Winows 7 x64

Any suggestions.

mackrox

mackrox

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i910
THANK YOU. I been having issues with custom roms.. freezing, flat out super slow and laggy, having to rotate it to get it to update the screen. Now if we can get all these tweaks put into the D22 rom that'd be awesome!

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910, Moto Q9C
  • Twitter:@peperonikiller
I guess it is personal preference, but for a person like me with big fingers, WinMo 6.5 is SO Much easier to use, that and i just cook my own roms so i can customize it to my hearts content.

Join my Facebook group HERE
Posted Image

xcapone

xcapone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA

Any Help?

I noticed a similar issue. I hard reset-ed and it performed fine. hard reset if i remember correctly, is pin hole, hold talk and end key till it asks you yes or no, and then talk key again to select yes to hard reset. Keep in mind you should back up anything important.

nmayer79

nmayer79

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Incredible

I've updated Post #1 to reflect how to get internet tethering working through your Omnia Wi-Fi connection.

great thread!! these are some cabs/ fixes i havent really seen anywhere else, bravo

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed

chopperthedog

chopperthedog

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Women.
  • Devices:I910
I was feeling bogged down as well. Was never a flashaholic I just constantly f*cked with my device. And realized that my device is not a whoopie cushion, shot gun, magic 8 ball, percussion instrument, piano, and a titty jiggle thing. It's supposed to be a PHONE with some cool features! And never mind every UI/SIP that was installed and removed trying to find the right combo. But I went straight from CC20 to DC22 using an Acer netbook with 7 starter and the UMDL. The only issue I had flashing was the screen height would not allow full veiw of the UMDL so I had plug the netbook into my toshiba 37". So after starting from scratch all registry edits still apply the net 3.5 is key but when I received my first call I was reminded of one edit left out.

Stupid increasing ring. HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring\AttenuationCategory change to "1" Now loud on first ring.
And the in-call volume with DC22 does not need to be changed it's nice and loud from the get go. Also I can't speak for the cabs I just did all registry edits with resco.

Things I notice with DC22.

1. I.E. is still a slow piece of crap but scrolling is nice now. I prefer Ucweb 7 anyway.
2. Taking a photo and hitting send mms within the camera returns no errors. even with pic at 2560 x 1920.
3. Cell triangulation within Google maps is sweet (VZW was only a few years behind on this one).
4. GPS lock within 30 seconds in iGO and Google maps without Gps gate or any other app.

Things I notice with just cleaning and rebuilding

1. Touch pal doesn't just disappear while I'm typing.
2. WAD2 doesn't freeze when I receive a text/email/mms. been 4 days and wad2 has not froze yet. (knock knock)
3. Everything has pep to it with no delay.
4. No errors on soft-reset (something could not be started because a critical bla bla bla).
5. When I hit button to wake the device up. It does.
6. Screen is much clearer.
7. Battery life. I am at 70% after a normal day of calls, surfing, and texting with weather panel and active sync doing their thing every 30 minutes. Before cleaning WP/AS were set for every hour and after a normal day I would have been at 40% or it would be beeping.

So now I have a phone with.
WAD2 and no other lock screens WAD has a fine one, Touchpal, SMSChat, iconsoftphonex, Youtube app, Midomi, UCweb7, Gmaps, iGO, Core player, s2p, Rotation Service, Touch Responce and a couple non flash games uno, yahtzee, teeter. And everyone is happy.

I see no need for Flash or Java. I could care less if it says "no service" in s2p. And for some reason I also don't need to use SIP change anymore it just stays on touch pal now. Also I am done with boot and shutdown screens and any other goofy sh!t.

I added a blank alarm2.wav I also forgot how that loud "BLUNK" made me jump every time when I was not expecting it.
Just copy to windows and replace. Attached File  Alarm2.wav   36.88KB   16 downloads

That is my story. Clean livin'.

good day.

Edited by chopperthedog, 21 May 2010 - 12:49 AM.

andrew.mazlim

andrew.mazlim

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Interests:Footie, rock music, books, films.
  • Devices:T-Mobile USA HTC HD2 Leo
Can't agree more with this topic... but, since someone flash a new 6.5.x build (especially "JN Foundation" roms), the visuals are... REMARKABLE!!!!!!
I can't go back to SOOOO POOR graphics/visuals, like 6.1s'...
And I don't using my OMNIA sooooo much, I don't "playing" with it toooo much, I don't watching videos/listening music or making video calls. I'm just a simple regular phone user; sms & calls.

So, I think I "can" stay in 6.5.x roms. Especially about "JN Foundation" roms, I found them SOOO stable, as far as the MOST beautiful in the net!
Cheers.

Posted Image

T-Mobile USA .HTC HD2 Leo
________________________________________________________________________________

Firmware: NRGZ28's "ENERGY-Dinik" Build: 29020
Radio:..........2.15.50.14

My "OMNIA i900 GOODS/TWEAKS/TOOLS/APPs" thread:
http://www.modaco.co...ilitiesvisuals/
My "OMNIA i900 M2D/S2U2 Ultimate England Theme" thread:
http://www.modaco.co...artup-m2d-s2u2/

andrew.mazlim

andrew.mazlim

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Interests:Footie, rock music, books, films.
  • Devices:T-Mobile USA HTC HD2 Leo
I did the ring tweak my friend, but no luck to me. I guess, it's all about i900s!

Posted Image

T-Mobile USA .HTC HD2 Leo
________________________________________________________________________________

Firmware: NRGZ28's "ENERGY-Dinik" Build: 29020
Radio:..........2.15.50.14

My "OMNIA i900 GOODS/TWEAKS/TOOLS/APPs" thread:
http://www.modaco.co...ilitiesvisuals/
My "OMNIA i900 M2D/S2U2 Ultimate England Theme" thread:
http://www.modaco.co...artup-m2d-s2u2/

bearhntr

bearhntr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia SGH-i910

Hi All,

I’ll probably get a lot of flak for this but I’m going to post it anyway.

First off I would say how much I enjoy this forum. Kudos to all the chefs and members. There are an incredible amount of talented people who are on this forum and I have learned a great deal and have been a confirmed flash-aholic for some time.

I wanted to share with you my personal observation.

dgyahn,

This is an absolutely GREAT POST. I am rapidly reaching the point you have reached - albeit, I think I am going to flash up to the DC22 ROM from Samsung/Verizon.

I love that you posted all the CABs, but it would have been much more effective if you put them as ONE .zipped download (MHO). :-)

I have book marked this page - as I may be in the canoe with you soon.

*BH*

bearhntr

bearhntr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia SGH-i910

Can't agree more with this topic... but, since someone flash a new 6.5.x build (especially "JN Foundation" roms), the visuals are... REMARKABLE!!!!!!
I can't go back to SOOOO POOR graphics/visuals, like 6.1s'...
And I don't using my OMNIA sooooo much, I don't "playing" with it toooo much, I don't watching videos/listening music or making video calls. I'm just a simple regular phone user; sms & calls.

So, I think I "can" stay in 6.5.x roms. Especially about "JN Foundation" roms, I found them SOOO stable, as far as the MOST beautiful in the net!
Cheers.

So where are these JN Foundation ROMs that you are talking about, and are they i900 or i910 ROMs?

Thanks,
*BH*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users