I was feeling bogged down as well. Was never a flashaholic I just constantly f*cked with my device. And realized that my device is not a whoopie cushion, shot gun, magic 8 ball, percussion instrument, piano, and a titty jiggle thing. It's supposed to be a PHONE with some cool features! And never mind every UI/SIP that was installed and removed trying to find the right combo. But I went straight from CC20 to DC22 using an Acer netbook with 7 starter and the UMDL. The only issue I had flashing was the screen height would not allow full veiw of the UMDL so I had plug the netbook into my toshiba 37". So after starting from scratch all registry edits still apply the net 3.5 is key but when I received my first call I was reminded of one edit left out.
Stupid increasing ring. HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring\AttenuationCategory change to "1" Now loud on first ring.
And the in-call volume with DC22 does not need to be changed it's nice and loud from the get go. Also I can't speak for the cabs I just did all registry edits with resco.
Things I notice with DC22.
1. I.E. is still a slow piece of crap but scrolling is nice now. I prefer Ucweb 7 anyway.
2. Taking a photo and hitting send mms within the camera returns no errors. even with pic at 2560 x 1920.
3. Cell triangulation within Google maps is sweet (VZW was only a few years behind on this one).
4. GPS lock within 30 seconds in iGO and Google maps without Gps gate or any other app.
Things I notice with just cleaning and rebuilding
1. Touch pal doesn't just disappear while I'm typing.
2. WAD2 doesn't freeze when I receive a text/email/mms. been 4 days and wad2 has not froze yet. (knock knock)
3. Everything has pep to it with no delay.
4. No errors on soft-reset (something could not be started because a critical bla bla bla).
5. When I hit button to wake the device up. It does.
6. Screen is much clearer.
7. Battery life. I am at 70% after a normal day of calls, surfing, and texting with weather panel and active sync doing their thing every 30 minutes. Before cleaning WP/AS were set for every hour and after a normal day I would have been at 40% or it would be beeping.
So now I have a phone with.
WAD2 and no other lock screens WAD has a fine one, Touchpal, SMSChat, iconsoftphonex, Youtube app, Midomi, UCweb7, Gmaps, iGO, Core player, s2p, Rotation Service, Touch Responce and a couple non flash games uno, yahtzee, teeter. And everyone is happy.
I see no need for Flash or Java. I could care less if it says "no service" in s2p. And for some reason I also don't need to use SIP change anymore it just stays on touch pal now. Also I am done with boot and shutdown screens and any other goofy sh!t.
I added a blank alarm2.wav I also forgot how that loud "BLUNK" made me jump every time when I was not expecting it.
Just copy to windows and replace.
That is my story. Clean livin'.