chopperthedog

chopperthedog

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Women.
  • Devices:I910

So where are these JN Foundation ROMs that you are talking about, and are they i900 or i910 ROMs?

Thanks,
*BH*

Not for the i910. His version of stable might be jaded.

good day.

Maver

Maver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
Hey, I decided to do the same, flashed back to the DC22, And i'm not really enjoying it.

For the past few days I haven't really had a problem, but I've still been frustrated.

The main thing for me is GPS, i can never seem it to work that quick, even with the stock rom but thats probably a me issue.

The problems I have
1. There's very little room to install much, even when you goto mystorage you know it still loads files in device memory
2. While i do enjoy the speed, i don't enjoy the having no ram, trying to run garman and a music player one will always quit
3. It's really buggy, I keep having google and garman and every other program shuts down with some kind of an errror that it asks me to send to microsoft
4. Not touch friendly at all
5. no threaded email
6. No new bing support, so i can't get turn by turn

What i do like
I like the easy to access task manager
I like the media manager
I love the volume control how can i get this in 6.5.x?
IT's awesome to have google voice search working now
It's also great to have ayege infinity working properly
I do like the touch button being more responsive

So i'm still not sure how i feel about it, i feel like i might be going back to a 6.5.3

you guys talk about it being faster but i guess i don't notice it because i've always been using bare roms with 6.5

I would love added battery life, but i feel like the cost of that is too high, i did get a extended battery so i guess it doesn't bother me as much as others.

I guess i would stick with it if I could get
bing to work,
if it didn't use up all the memory with all this stuff

Then i probably wouldn't mind all the non finger friendliness of it.

Does anyone know of a 6.1 rom? and how to get bing to install on the 6.1? I can get it to work after, but now when i install it says unsupported resoultion where in 6.5 it installs just fine.

Thanks for the help guys

cac2us

cac2us

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:VZW Omnia

Hey, I decided to do the same, flashed back to the DC22, And i'm not really enjoying it.

For the past few days I haven't really had a problem, but I've still been frustrated.

The main thing for me is GPS, i can never seem it to work that quick, even with the stock rom but thats probably a me issue.

The problems I have
1. There's very little room to install much, even when you goto mystorage you know it still loads files in device memory
2. While i do enjoy the speed, i don't enjoy the having no ram, trying to run garman and a music player one will always quit
3. It's really buggy, I keep having google and garman and every other program shuts down with some kind of an errror that it asks me to send to microsoft
4. Not touch friendly at all
5. no threaded email
6. No new bing support, so i can't get turn by turn

What i do like
I like the easy to access task manager
I like the media manager
I love the volume control how can i get this in 6.5.x?
IT's awesome to have google voice search working now
It's also great to have ayege infinity working properly
I do like the touch button being more responsive

So i'm still not sure how i feel about it, i feel like i might be going back to a 6.5.3

you guys talk about it being faster but i guess i don't notice it because i've always been using bare roms with 6.5

I would love added battery life, but i feel like the cost of that is too high, i did get a extended battery so i guess it doesn't bother me as much as others.

I guess i would stick with it if I could get
bing to work,
if it didn't use up all the memory with all this stuff

Then i probably wouldn't mind all the non finger friendliness of it.

Does anyone know of a 6.1 rom? and how to get bing to install on the 6.1? I can get it to work after, but now when i install it says unsupported resoultion where in 6.5 it installs just fine.

Thanks for the help guys

I cooked a DC22_21507 (6.1) ROM.

http://www.4shared.c...35/sharing.html

Check out the other ROMs. You might like DC22_21904

Edited by cac2us, 25 May 2010 - 10:27 PM.

fsb2cool2care

fsb2cool2care

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910

Hi All,

I wanted to share with you my personal observation.

After flashing WM6.1, 6.5 and 6.5.x ROMs I came to the realization that I would never find the "PERFECT" set-up for my Omnia. I've used Storm's, WereMike's, Wozer's, Lyorite's, Blazingwolf's, et all roms. I've used Titanium, M2D, Flotanium, SPB Mobile Shell, Winterface, WAD and others.

Hi dgyahn, I agree with most of your sentiments. WM 6.5 wasn't much-- if any-- of an improvement to me. Flotanium, Titanium, Shmotanium.
I just flashed the new verizon DC22 update. I have a few questions for you. I'd really appreciate it if you could take the time to answer.

Enable Filesystem Cache: Why is this advantageous?
Increase FileSystem Cache: Why is this advantageous?

I recommend you add to your list FdcSoft's Task Manager.

What did you not like about SPB mobile shell? It's the slickest, smoothest, sweetest app that I've seen for WM. I just don't like the price. Too bad someone hasn't figured out where it keeps track of the number of days for the trial period. :rolleyes:

Fa310tx

Fa310tx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
I hadn't found any stability issues with the official dc22 rom. The space issue will always be there with the factory rom.
That's really the main reason I keep cooking. I stick with 6.1/m2d2. Plus, I don't have to install any programs, settings, and stuff. Also, none of the omnia m2d2 cabs that I've tried have weather on my today tab. Cooking in works just fine. The only thing that I have to do after an install is run a .reg that doesn't work in the cook.
JJ

Edit...
Scratch the .reg thing. For some reason, the .reg doesn't work on dc22. I'm not sure if it's the new rom or my switch from vistang's visual kitchen to oskitchen. I haven't been able to get vibration with ezinput (that's what the .reg was for), since dc22.
JJ

Edited by Fa310tx, 31 May 2010 - 01:04 AM.

xcapone

xcapone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA

I hadn't found any stability issues with the official dc22 rom. The space issue will always be there with the factory rom.
That's really the main reason I keep cooking. I stick with 6.1/m2d2. Plus, I don't have to install any programs, settings, and stuff. Also, none of the omnia m2d2 cabs that I've tried have weather on my today tab. Cooking in works just fine. The only thing that I have to do after an install is run a .reg that doesn't work in the cook.
JJ

why do you prefer 6.1?

Fa310tx

Fa310tx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

why do you prefer 6.1?

The biggest reason is software incompatibility. Because of the new start menu system, quickmenu doesn't work properly. Also, with the new start button at the bottom, quickmenu still runs from the top. Pocket e-Sword (bible program) doesn't have a close option when the close button is at the bottom. Plus, the new finger-friendly sizing screws up the program buttons so that you can't access all of them in portrait (they just barely fit in landscape). There's also inconsistency in the setting screens. Some have soft-edged tabs at the bottom, some have top arrows, and some have 6.1 style block tabs.
If more programs come out with 6.5 versions, maybe I'll switch. Right now, though, I endure 6.5. I use 6.1. Plus, there are very few things that I've seen 6.5 have advantage with. There's no real attraction to the update, for me.
JJ

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i920

Hi dgyahn, I agree with most of your sentiments. WM 6.5 wasn't much-- if any-- of an improvement to me. Flotanium, Titanium, Shmotanium.
I just flashed the new verizon DC22 update. I have a few questions for you. I'd really appreciate it if you could take the time to answer.

Enable Filesystem Cache: Why is this advantageous?
Increase FileSystem Cache: Why is this advantageous?

I recommend you add to your list FdcSoft's Task Manager.

What did you not like about SPB mobile shell? It's the slickest, smoothest, sweetest app that I've seen for WM. I just don't like the price. Too bad someone hasn't figured out where it keeps track of the number of days for the trial period. :(

Enabling and then increasing the FileSystem Cache is used to increase the overall performance of your device.

It's not that I dislike SPB Mobile Shell. It's a great program. The price is a concern but if you need to have multiple Today screens this is a great way to go. For those of us that don't need to have 10 different screens to flip through using the basic Today screens available with the stock ROM should be enough and the Omnia provides 3 (Samsung Today, Samsung Today 2, and the basic widget page).

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
I've updated Post #1 with new cabs and registry edits for all ROM versions. CF03, DC22 and DF14.

Edmund Burke

bleezardo

bleezardo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Omnia I910

The biggest reason is software incompatibility. Because of the new start menu system, quickmenu doesn't work properly. Also, with the new start button at the bottom, quickmenu still runs from the top. Pocket e-Sword (bible program) doesn't have a close option when the close button is at the bottom. Plus, the new finger-friendly sizing screws up the program buttons so that you can't access all of them in portrait (they just barely fit in landscape). There's also inconsistency in the setting screens. Some have soft-edged tabs at the bottom, some have top arrows, and some have 6.1 style block tabs.
If more programs come out with 6.5 versions, maybe I'll switch. Right now, though, I endure 6.5. I use 6.1. Plus, there are very few things that I've seen 6.5 have advantage with. There's no real attraction to the update, for me.
JJ

I'm with you about sticking w/ 6.1. Have tried a few 6.5 customs and they were ok, but I really can't stand 6.5. It just annoys me. Don't like the menus or anything. but that's just me. Like i tell my wife, 'i know. I'm the freak.."

More importantly, I downloaded the df14 update and now there is no option for pictures to be shown on my emails. Only the option to "tap to scroll right". Any suggestions from anyone? thanks!

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

I'm with you about sticking w/ 6.1. Have tried a few 6.5 customs and they were ok, but I really can't stand 6.5. It just annoys me. Don't like the menus or anything. but that's just me. Like i tell my wife, 'i know. I'm the freak.."

More importantly, I downloaded the df14 update and now there is no option for pictures to be shown on my emails. Only the option to "tap to scroll right". Any suggestions from anyone? thanks!

I haven't run across that. My email shows both the "tap to scroll right" and "tap to show pictures". The only thing I can think of is you may have to reflash the DF14. After flashing do a hard reset to remove any previous junk that may still be hanging around.

Edmund Burke

bleezardo

bleezardo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Omnia I910

I haven't run across that. My email shows both the "tap to scroll right" and "tap to show pictures". The only thing I can think of is you may have to reflash the DF14. After flashing do a hard reset to remove any previous junk that may still be hanging around.

Hey, good news! suddenly the download pictures thingy showed up! woohoo! thank you for your suggestion. was planning on following it. now i don't have to. I can just go back to lurking. :P

Edited by bleezardo, 09 September 2010 - 05:42 AM.

Stealth Pope

Stealth Pope

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omina I910
Hi,

I don't know if it is just my phone or if others have experienced this. I have tried to install the bulk of the programs to MY STORAGE, they seem to install ok and run one time, But after I close them, the shortcut change to a "standard" blank icon, and the application will not run after that. Has anyone else seen this?

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Hi,

I don't know if it is just my phone or if others have experienced this. I have tried to install the bulk of the programs to MY STORAGE, they seem to install ok and run one time, But after I close them, the shortcut change to a "standard" blank icon, and the application will not run after that. Has anyone else seen this?

I have only experienced your problem when using a custom WM 6.5 or higher ROM. I am running the stock Verizon Omnia ROM and have almost all programs installed to "My Storage". Everything is running perfectly with all icons showing correctly.

Edmund Burke

smashedpumpkins

smashedpumpkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
It's sad to say, but switching back was my best decision ever. Custom ROMS are great, but no matter what I do, eventually Custom ROMS give me trouble.

Agsigert

Agsigert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung SCH-i760
So I have decided to do the same and have changed my i910 to run this ROM with all your suggested registry edits and cab's. I really think I am going to like this setup but I am having an issue now with several programs not running due to a problem with teh .NET Compact Framework. Several applications wil not run and send error messages that the application required a newr version of .NET compact Framework. Any ideas? i have done the Forced .NET cab, verified the latest .NET 3.5.7283 version is installed.

Thanks

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

So I have decided to do the same and have changed my i910 to run this ROM with all your suggested registry edits and cab's. I really think I am going to like this setup but I am having an issue now with several programs not running due to a problem with teh .NET Compact Framework. Several applications wil not run and send error messages that the application required a newr version of .NET compact Framework. Any ideas? i have done the Forced .NET cab, verified the latest .NET 3.5.7283 version is installed.

Thanks

Here is how I fixed that. There are 2 methods to do this. If the first one doesn't work you will have to use method 2.

Method 1:

1. Download the .Net Compact Framework 3.5 CAB from Post #1 and install it to "My Storage"
2. Download the Force NCFv35 CAB from Post #1 and install to "Device Memory"
3. Soft reset your device

Method 2:

1. Download the Official DF14 installer from Post #1
2. Install to your device
3. Hard reset your device
4. Download the .Net Compact Framework 3.5 CAB from Post #1 and install it to "My Storage"
5. Download the Force NCFv35 CAB from Post #1 and install to "Device Memory"
6. Soft reset your device

I always use Method 2 when updating the ROM on my phone, that way I get rid of anything that may have been lingering over from my previous ROM. Hope this works for you as my device is error free when using this procedure.

Edited by dgyahn, 24 September 2010 - 06:11 PM.

Edmund Burke

1oz

1oz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Omnia SGH-I910

Fleanote

Fleanote

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:@None

Here's the link:
http://ars.samsung.c...mp;AT_ID=157996

In your JPG sample images, how did you get screenshot 4 and 5? Specifically, how did you customize the Apple launcher screen to add weather? For #5, what app is giving you those thumbnail dialers? Thanks

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

In your JPG sample images, how did you get screenshot 4 and 5? Specifically, how did you customize the Apple launcher screen to add weather? For #5, what app is giving you those thumbnail dialers? Thanks

Hi Fleanote,

The weather you see in screenshot 4 is the Weatherbug Direct app listed in Post #1. Weatherbug Direct is a today screen plugin. You activate it by going to Start\Settings\Today\Items and checking on the Weatherbug check box. You can configure it from the Today screen.

The thumbnail dialer is part of the Samsung Today 2 screen (screenshots #1 and #5). Download and install the SamsungToday2.cab file from the bottom of Post #1 to your Main Memory. You activate it by going to Start\Settings\Today\Items and checking on the Samsung Today 2 box.

Edited by dgyahn, 05 October 2010 - 06:42 PM.

Edmund Burke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users