Petition for proper OpenGL 3D drivers!

Guest pavel1234546

Guest jebise

stupid samsung, i have no idea why they are ruining there own rep. The omnia has such great potential and it would have been the best phone on the market when rele4ased but due to the crappy software this phone is worthlesss. people are selling this phone on kijiji for only 150 dollars and if they only fixed the OS it would be par with the bold 9700 and iphone 3gs.

Its sad to see such a great phone get a bad review due to lazy manufactures and not giving the customers what they deserve, i for one will never guy a samsung phone again. I used to love samsung until i bought the O2

Edited by jebise

Guest CrescendoFire

Agreed with Jebise above....

Samsung's programmers are dumb, can't even make good driver... (I talk this compared to ChainFire... He's working with NuShrike and GinKage VS a bunch lot of dumb Samsung programmers...)

Guest tedkord

Just got my O2 a week or two ago - and found this today. Wish I'd seen it sooner. Anyone else new to the Omnia II, sign this petition. May not do much, but it's worth a try to let Samsung know how we feel.

Guest mapla
actually, there is official support for opengl es 2 and opengl es 1 is emulated through opengl es 2, which is why those apps dont run that great. opengl es 2 works perfectly fine though. some devs are complaining about opengl es 1 not working properly, but its just because they are lazy and dont want to learn es 2 instead. What you should be petitioning is getting hardware accelerated Direct3d mobile drivers, which is a far better API that opengl can ever be.

I seconded touchflo remark, Omnia II has superior OpenGL Es 2, most developers design softwares for OpenGl Es 1 which was found on older and larger market form other WinMo phone. You can see the difference from earlier version of SPB Mobile Shell with OpenGl Es 1 which only support HTC WinMo for 3d features now run better with OpenGl Es 2 on Omnia II. (See Version 3.5.3 (Dec 29, 2009): http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pocketpc-s...l/history.html)

Thou it sound silly where Modaco members have already patch for Omnia II to run backward compatible with OpenGl Es 1, I think it is proper to support this petition so that Samsung will push other developers to upgrade softwares to support OpenGl Es 2 or as touchflo mention provide with hardware accelerated Direct3d mobile drivers and API for developer to design better software for Omnia II.

Edited by mapla