Task switcher widget

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hey im wondering if you can help me, im looking for a widget where it shows icons of running apps that I got in the background and that I can seamlessly switch between apps from the home screen

Below is a quick design that I done in paint of what I want, I hope this helps

post-613162-1267396991_thumb.jpg

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless
there is one called task switcher

post-340741-1267301466_thumb.pngpost-340741-1267301471_thumb.png

Android Freeware

I use that currently but I wouldnt mind having a widget on the home screen that imitates that (shows all the running applications and I can go to that window by tapping it)

Guest starkos
I use that currently but I wouldnt mind having a widget on the home screen that imitates that (shows all the running applications and I can go to that window by tapping it)

Not sure if this is what you want as it's not a widget but an app that stays in menu bar, but it sounds like it does what you want? It's called AppSwipe! i think...

Edit: Actually re-reading your post I don't think it does do what you want lol

Edited by starkos

Guest Richard_Arkless
Not sure if this is what you want as it's not a widget but an app that stays in menu bar, but it sounds like it does what you want? It's called AppSwipe! i think...

Edit: Actually re-reading your post I don't think it does do what you want lol

I edited it a bit and provided a quick design of what I am looking for

Guest starkos
I edited it a bit and provided a quick design of what I am looking for

Yea that's a pretty good idea.. that is actually how AppSwipe! is but unfortunately it's an app in the notification bar rather than a widget :(

• 3 weeks later...

There is no need for widget - just press and hold Home button and Alt+Tab style task manager will appear. It works on my Acer Liquid with stock 1.6. Did not know it until this morning, now removed all widgets/apps for task switching.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest peterx666
Hey im wondering if you can help me, im looking for a widget where it shows icons of running apps that I got in the background and that I can seamlessly switch between apps from the home screen

Below is a quick design that I done in paint of what I want, I hope this helps

The only thing I have found is "Advanced Task Manager" you can kill running apps with this too

Hope this helps

Pete

:P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest badgerarc
There is no need for widget - just press and hold Home button and Alt+Tab style task manager will appear. It works on my Acer Liquid with stock 1.6. Did not know it until this morning, now removed all widgets/apps for task switching.

Thats not a task switcher. It's a list of the last apps or most used apps you used. Pretty sure it says that in the Manual - It certainly does for the HTC desire.

Edited by badgerarc

Guest Profete162

You may have a try with TaskOS: http://www.cyrket.com/p/android/com.profete162.TaskOS/, that's something I had in mind while developing it.

It can also kill task you don't use when dragging icos to the top.

You can launch it with a long press on search button or camera button ( for the camera, just go in setings because I don't want to remove your camera button ;-) )

I think that CedricGatay has done something very cool with his widget!

Edited by Profete162

Guest Webreaper
Thats not a task switcher. It's a list of the last apps or most used apps you used. Pretty sure it says that in the Manual - It certainly does for the HTC desire.

It's both. The list of recently-used apps includes some of those which are running.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xpresident

Is there a task switcher out there which displays all running apps in the notification bar? IE it has an icon in the notification bar and when we open the notification panel it shows the running apps in its entry. That would be the best task switcher I think, as itd be switching tasks with only two taps.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Richard_Arkless
Done, first beta on market (Switcher widget), barcode-scan this http://bit.ly/9wwZzN !

I havent checked this thread in a while so sorry I didnt reply sooner, this is probably the best one I have seen that does what I want it to do (the only one I have seen that is), thanks rated 5 stars in the market

Edited by Richard_Arkless