26 replies to this topic

columbo

columbo

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Did you try my suggestions?

Also, have a look on the Omnia II forums. Some people there have had similar problems.

I forgot to mention that as well as organizing my start menu into folders, I used MemMaid to arrange the start up programs, making sure that the AutoKeyLock.lnk is last and poutlook.lnk is first. I had read that somewhere and have tried it. Like Ì said, I don't know what specific thing helped, but after having had the problem on this phone for a long time, I have now had NO slowdowns for over a month.

I also formatted my memory card using my PC, so it's possible that might have helped as well. I did try that before and it didn't help, so I didn't think it was worth mentioning, but as someone else did it and it seemed to help them, it's worth trying it.

If you want to try the start menu idea. I used Resco File explorer to move the icons in my Start Menu folder into folders for different categories (accessories, media, internet, office, navigation and system tools) which keeps the first page of the start menu relatively small. I also do it for my convenience as it helps me navigate the phone easier.

If none of this works get back to me. There must be something I've done to make the problem go away because it doesn't happen to me anymore. It could be something really simple that I've forgotten about.

Hope this helps.

paroariax

paroariax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Toshiba TG01
I tried moving items in the Start menu once and it gave me a warning that some programs might not work if I continue. I'm wondering why does it say this, and is it just talking bullhooks?

bagiabanmaybay

bagiabanmaybay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:tg01
  • Twitter:@NONE

Did you try my suggestions?

Also, have a look on the Omnia II forums. Some people there have had similar problems.

I forgot to mention that as well as organizing my start menu into folders, I used MemMaid to arrange the start up programs, making sure that the AutoKeyLock.lnk is last and poutlook.lnk is first. I had read that somewhere and have tried it. Like Ì said, I don't know what specific thing helped, but after having had the problem on this phone for a long time, I have now had NO slowdowns for over a month.

I also formatted my memory card using my PC, so it's possible that might have helped as well. I did try that before and it didn't help, so I didn't think it was worth mentioning, but as someone else did it and it seemed to help them, it's worth trying it.

If you want to try the start menu idea. I used Resco File explorer to move the icons in my Start Menu folder into folders for different categories (accessories, media, internet, office, navigation and system tools) which keeps the first page of the start menu relatively small. I also do it for my convenience as it helps me navigate the phone easier.

If none of this works get back to me. There must be something I've done to make the problem go away because it doesn't happen to me anymore. It could be something really simple that I've forgotten about.

Hope this helps.

Thanks mate,

U r really enthusiastic,

No I did not try your method, but fortunately my phone is back to normal now, no more random slowdown and crap, i have been running SPB smoothly for couple of days. Still have no idea why it goes away and how it turned up.

Cheers

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak TG01 HD2 CBR600RR7
  • Twitter:@adzman808

I tried moving items in the Start menu once and it gave me a warning that some programs might not work if I continue. I'm wondering why does it say this, and is it just talking bullhooks?

IMHO 98% b.allocks & 2% suck it & see & be prepared to move it back again if you have a problem...

i think you'll be fine

the warning amounts too its possible if you put this shortcut or app elsewhere windows might not be able to find & run the application to which this file is looking for

but i doubt it....

& like i say, windows may not find it, but you will & if you move it back it'll start working again!

===============================================================================

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

such a noob, i'm greener than the android icon!!

grahame30

grahame30

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:BIG UP BIG UP JUNGLE IS MASSIVE GOING OUT TO ALL MA BREADBINS !!!
  • Devices:TG01 SION 1100MAH- nokia E63

AR CRAP !!! i have just this second download the same shell BUGGER ! i wish i had seen your post before as i was uming and aring should i download it .
oh well to late now .
i will get back if i have the same prob .
how long after you downloaded the shell did it all go pear shaped ?
i keep my downloads to a min as i keep seeing pepole say the same thing they downloaded loads of files/ apps and boom tg just cant take it .

also how much did you pay for your shell
regards
g

it,s all gone pear shaped with my tg01 turned it on this morning and tried to send a text but nothing then tried to send an email and same agine nothing i had soft reset it 4 times but nothing . i have now uninstalled the spb mobile shell 3.5.3 and now it,s really gone tit,s up the hole thing is frozen .
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the day before this happened the tg started to get a bit sluggish so now the hard reset will start dam

columbo

columbo

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Try taking out the SD card and turn it on. It might start okay so you can backup your data before doing a hard reset. I would also recommend backing up your SD card and then formatting it on your PC after each hard reset.

One more thing I have tried to avoid is importing too many contacts.

And make sure you don't copy the same photos from your last backup to your phone. When you take new photos, the camera just overwrites the old files without warning.

In fact, it's better to start with an empty SD card each time and simply archive your old files on your PC.

I know how frustrating this can be. Just wish Toshiba and Orange would get their acts together.

souljaboy

souljaboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
i had the same issue today , got solved by removing WKtask from startup folder ..... no problem starting it later , the guy who talked about setting the startup order is speaking the truth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users