Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Interests:Flashing
  • Devices:DROIDX
  • Twitter:@kdkinc
Hi:
I'll be getting a o2 Monday seeing that my i910 failed 3 times.
I noticed on the Samsung Omnia i920 site they posted a new upgrade tool on the 23rd.
I imagine my "new" i920 won't have this so is this new tool a whole VZW rom upgrade from verizon??

I intend to flash up to one of the new chef rom's in a few weeks after I get sick in the samsung bouncing beach ball widget.
Got some reading to do :( :(

:( :(

Software OS ASC Version Description Release Date DESC Size(MB) DESC Language File
Win XP/Vista CK24 Install Guide Feb 25, 2010 0.19 ENGLISH SCH-i920_OmniaII_Update_CK24_For_DLC.pdf SCH-i920_OmniaII_Update_CK24_For_DLC.pdf
1. Title
SCH-i920 (Omnia II) Update Tool Instructions
2. Applicable Model
SCH-i920
3. Carrier or Corporate Customer
Verizon Wireless
4. Description
A document detailing where to download the update tool.
Win XP/Vista 1.0 Device(Install)(User Upgrade Tool) Feb 23, 2010 420.4 ENGLISH SCH-i920_User_upgrade_tool_v1.0.1.6.exe
Verizon Wireless SCH-I920 - Omnia II
Update to CK24

To download and install Maintenance Release 1 (CK24) containing Qualcomm 1x/EVDO Call Drop Patch

If clicking this link does not work properly, please copy and paste the URL into the Address Line in your browser.

NOTICE: You will need to disable any PopUp blocker you may have currently enabled on your system in order to display windows.

!Remember to re-enable your PopUp blocker after the process is completed.

CORRECTED LINK>>>Click on software

http://www.samsung.c...amp;tab=support

Edited by kdkinc, 27 February 2010 - 08:20 PM.

das7771

das7771

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:VZW GS3, Nexus 7, TF300t

Hi:
I noticed on the Samsung Omnia i920 site they posted a new upgrade tool on the 23rd.
I imagine my "new" i920 won't have this so is this new tool a whole VZW rom upgrade??
I intend to flash up to one of the new chef rom's in a few weeks after I get sick in the samsung bouncing beach ball widget.

Use caution when flashing the new samsung update. I am assuming this is the fixed version as the previous version was bricking alot of phones. It bricked my first O2 and I have not updated the new one yet. From what I have read it is just a radio patch and nothing more so if you are not having dropped call issues I would hold out on updating to this rom.

I Don't Trust Anyone Who Doesn't Eat Meat!!

snapz54

snapz54

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Hi:
I imagine my "new" i920 won't have this so is this new tool a whole VZW rom upgrade from verizon??

I got mine too brother! did you have to pay anything?

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

I got mine too brother! did you have to pay anything?

Not this time, last exchange was insurance case.
I would recommend the insurance they were helpful except for the $50,deductible..

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
Corrected link for above :( :(