5 replies to this topic

Maxwell Newton

Maxwell Newton

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia - HTC HD2
After installing tomtom7 bluetooth stops working, only a hard reset fixes this.
So far i have tried renaming and deleting these files:

\windows\BtSdkCE30.dll
\windows\BtCoreIf.dll

I have found that even if you rename it first then delete it (to get around the 'file in use' message) i new one pops up after soft reset and BT still doesnt work.

I have tried editing the cab and taking these files out then installing after a hard reset, still bluetooth does not work.

These are the only fixes i can find on the internet, anyone else have any ideas? A few sites i tried to look at for help were blocked by my university firewall, so other people may be able to find an answer where i could not. I have also contacted HTC without a reply.

Thanks,

Max

XNUK

XNUK

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

After installing tomtom7 bluetooth stops working, only a hard reset fixes this.
So far i have tried renaming and deleting these files:

\windows\BtSdkCE30.dll
\windows\BtCoreIf.dll

I have found that even if you rename it first then delete it (to get around the 'file in use' message) i new one pops up after soft reset and BT still doesnt work.

I have tried editing the cab and taking these files out then installing after a hard reset, still bluetooth does not work.

These are the only fixes i can find on the internet, anyone else have any ideas? A few sites i tried to look at for help were blocked by my university firewall, so other people may be able to find an answer where i could not. I have also contacted HTC without a reply.

Thanks,

Max

I had the same problem on the first start up of tomtom 7 and found the solution you mentioned above in another forom.
Deleted the two files, never had a problem after that.
Make sure you change the file properties from "read only", not sure if i had to do that, but dont understand why files would re-appear after beign deleted.

HD2 FTW!

Maxwell Newton

Maxwell Newton

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
no i dont either but i assure you, i delete them, then after a soft reset the BtCoreIf.dll file reappears! Magic...

Maxwell Newton

Maxwell Newton

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
Well i found that if i have BT on and connected when i install tomtom then theres no problems at all <_<
SOLVED :mellow:

mitan80

mitan80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2
\ windows \ BtSdkCE30.dll
\ windows \ BtCoreIf.dll
edit fil name BtSdkCE30a.dll BtCoreIfa.dll and soft reset

andybarker

andybarker

Diehard

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Devices:S4, Transformer Infinity, N7
I installed TomTom 7 on mine when I got it, and no problems at all with Bluetooth. Bluetooth wasn't on when I installed either.

Thinking about it, I just moved the MicroSDHC card from my previous phone to this one and just added a shortcut and done. No installation required.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users