HTC Desire to officially launch on T-mobile 26th March

Guest squirreleater

Guest squirreleater

T-Mobile have set the date of the 26th of March for the official launch of the HTC Desire

T-Mobile Tweeted yesterday the official launch date for the Desire, good news for all of you itching to get your hands on this fantastic phone, Hopefully for next to nothing on contract!

That's it, just thought it worth a post as we have had the first date from any carrier in the UK.

( Pic and Spec shamelessly stolen from Monolithix's post!)

HtcDesire.png

HTC Desire (Bravo) Specifications

•CPU Speed - 1 GHz

•Platform - Android™ 2.1 (Éclair) with HTC SenseTM

•Memory - ROM: 512 MB, RAM: 576 MB

•Dimensions - (LxWxT) 119 x 60 x 11.9 mm (4.7 x 2.36 x 0.47 inches)

•Weight - 135 grams (4.76 ounces) with battery

•Display - 3.7-inch AMOLED touch-sensitive screen with 480 X 800 WVGA resolution

•Network - HSPA/WCDMA:

◦Europe/Asia: 900/2100 MHz

◦Upload speed of up to 2 Mbps and download speed of up to 7.2 Mbps

•Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE:

◦850/900/1800/1900 MHz (Band frequency, HSPA availability, and data speed are operator dependent.)

•Onscreen navigation - Optical Trackball

•GPS - Internal GPS antenna

•Sensors -

◦Proximity sensor

◦Ambient light sensor

◦G-Sensor

◦Digital compass

•Connectivity - Bluetooth® 2.1 with FTP/OPP for file transfer, A2DP for wireless stereo headsets,

and PBAP for phonebook access from the car kit

•Wi-Fi® - IEEE 802.11 b/g

•3.5 mm stereo audio jack

•Standard Micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB 2.0)

•Camera - 5 megapixel color camera with auto focus and flashlight

•Audio supported formats

◦Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma,

◦Recording: .amr

•Video supported formats

◦Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv

◦· Recording: .3gp

•Battery - Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery

•Capacity - 1400 mAh

•Talk time:

◦Up to 390 minutes for WCDMA

◦Up to 400 minutes for GSM

•Standby time:

◦Up to 360 hours for WCDMA

◦Up to 340 hours for GSM

•Expansion Slot - microSD™ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)

•AC Adapter Voltage range/frequency - 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz

•DC output - 5 V and 1 A

•Special Feature - Friend Stream

Guest squirreleater
In Denmark the preorder prise is about 450€ no contract, 10-15€ more than the hero cost now.

Well it's certainly worth 15 euros more!

No idea of costs here yet, I tried to find something official but nothing seems to be out there yet.

Sounds like there will be quite a few Desire/Nexus official announcements in the next week of two.

Guest lukeyboymac
Well it's certainly worth 15 euros more!

No idea of costs here yet, I tried to find something official but nothing seems to be out there yet.

Sounds like there will be quite a few Desire/Nexus official announcements in the next week of two.

Phoned up T-Mobile retentions today and the lass on the phone couldn't find any details on her system so will have to wait for prices I guess.

Listed here http://www.cleverkit.com/ for a nice low price but I think it's wrong as legend is more expensive

Guest crystal_clear

Hi Paul,

Can i ask a couple of questions re: the bravo/desire?

I am an Orange UK customer, and as your probably aware, orange have and still do offer some orange only network features, ie the good old "LINE 2" facility is one of them.....

Knowing how well connected you are paul, does the new android support line 2, and how well does it sync with the olde laptops - does it sync with outlook, or is it a case of non microsoft.... no chance?

cheers paul, great work

Guest Thumper Net

seems t-mobile are acting the same way orange nl did , look like they are a network up to the last day ,mass advertising on radio and tv , if i remember correctly orange uk and t-mobile uk will merge soon , so this phone will be on orange as well as they will soon own the pink network

Guest Lokizilla

If anything, the press release implies that Deutsche Telekom will be in greater control, what with the CEO of T-Mobile going into the role of CEO in this new joint venture...

Either way, they'll soon have a combined network - meaning very good coverage, made even better by the continued sharing of 3's large 3G network.

On a related note, Vodafone have the Nexus One, Desire, Legend (apparently a Vodafone exclusive) and the Xperia X10 on their 'coming soon' page. Everything bar Nexus One shows as an April release, which is as much as we knew already =P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest squirreleater
Hi Guys,

I have a favor to ask of you. IF I wanted an HTC desire, could someone get it for mw and ship it? I am in the US and obviously, they are not easy to come by. Any idea of price?

I believe they are about £440 to buy outright.

Shipping would be ( I Guess) about £20?

Maybe they can ship direct for you?

Not sure if they actually are selling/delivering them yet, wait and see on the forums first.....

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?partner=modaco&i=196001

Guest mj_blue

Mine arrived via the postie at 8:30 this morning.. pretty impressed so far.. a big step up from my current Hero..

Things I've noticed and wish the UK didn't get left behind on

• Voice Search - Still missing form Android 2.1 in UK :)
  • Turn By Turn - Still only in US

This device is quick is my first impression.. A bit too quick and sensitive after using Hero for a year, takes a bit of getting used to

• 3 weeks later...
Guest douginoz

I take it Modaco aren't particularly interested in Android. This is the "latest" news and it's almost 2 months old, about an event that happened weeks ago.

Trying to grow your userbase or lose it, guys?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.