GPS Keep Alive v1.3

Guest RoyalDrew

Guest JaGuR

Have re-installed my rom.

Will see if there is any difference with battery drain.

Wondering if any of the reistry settings, that I changed tryingto get to tom working, were maybe effecting the battery drain.

Will report back

Guest aliahlewis
so far no issues whatsoever and it appears to not imact my battery at all. I set it to sync every 30 mins and it seems to be the perfect solution so far

Hey I have omnia pro B7610. Does it work well with this version of omnia?? And Can you help me to extend the battery life to as long as possible?? It will be of great help for me..

Guest RoyalDrew
Hey I have omnia pro B7610. Does it work well with this version of omnia?? And Can you help me to extend the battery life to as long as possible?? It will be of great help for me..

The Cab for the i9x0 omnias are only customized to fit the screen resolution better. Even though the resolution of the b7610 is higher, i don't see why it wouldnt display properly since it's just text.

I would say to try out v1.2 and report back how well it works. The best setting would be to have it set to 30 minutes to save battery.

Guest WhtCastle

I will add in that I am not having any battery issues, seems to work great as it gets GPS lock instantly. Also as someone else stated, it got rid of the "screen lock" lag that I also was so very annoyed by. I'm on Blazingwolf WM7 black 23064.

*edit* No heat issues that I have noticed either.

Edited by WhtCastle

Guest frmariam

Could you please implement the cmd commands to control the app without having to use/see the GUI (and if possible output the connection status information to the registry)? Sorry to ask again but I'd really find those features useful...

EDIT:

Either that or just add a way to launch the app and toggle gps on/off silently (by cmd) and export the GPS and connection status to the xml (as long as the line for each gps parameter is alwasy the same: ie gps connection is always line 1, number of satellites is always line 2... the line number itslef doesn't matter).

Either way is fine... I just need a way to use Mortscipt to pass the commands and retrieve information. There is no such application afaik and I think this could be very useful.

Edited by frmariam

Guest RoyalDrew
Minor Update.

v1.3

- Defaults to "ON" at app start up.

- Added "Update Now" option that will update the status immediately without affecting your timed update interval.

- Display number of locked GPS Satellites

Awesome. Updated first post!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jh787

Has anybody tried typing in *#1472365# into their Omnia2?

It brings up some extra gps settings, some of which are similar to settings that can be reached in registry but some are unique.

The main one that was of interest to me was the start up mode of GPS.

Mine was set to cold start which meant that every time i started my tomtom it did so by deleting all previous data.

This meant i was on a cold start each and every time i used it which was why it took forever to lock sometimes.

I have now changed this setting to "hotstart" and my locks are instant.

There are various other settings that can be played with and tried out but this setting alone got rid of the only flaw i could find in the Omnia2.

Guest tractor101
Minor Update.

v1.3

- Defaults to "ON" at app start up.

- Added "Update Now" option that will update the status immediately without affecting your timed update interval.

- Display number of locked GPS Satellites

Thank You! I was hoping for that new feature to display the number of sats. A step closer to perfection!

Guest ebidar

So I have a verizon omnia i910, it does have the cf03 rom on it, no flashed roms only what it came with. I installed the 1.3 cab and for the first week it worked nicely, now all of a sudden I can't seem to get a lock on any sats. I haven't really done anything to the phone since I installed this cab, I used to use BAF gps toogle but I liked this one better because it doesn't use the today screen like BAF. I use spb mobile shell. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall and I can't seem to get to lock on. Any suggestions, settings? registry edits? or just thoughts lol. Thank you for any help you can give.

Guest wjdunn3
So I have a verizon omnia i910, it does have the cf03 rom on it, no flashed roms only what it came with. I installed the 1.3 cab and for the first week it worked nicely, now all of a sudden I can't seem to get a lock on any sats. I haven't really done anything to the phone since I installed this cab, I used to use BAF gps toogle but I liked this one better because it doesn't use the today screen like BAF. I use spb mobile shell. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall and I can't seem to get to lock on. Any suggestions, settings? registry edits? or just thoughts lol. Thank you for any help you can give.

The first thing to check is the GPS Service. Go to Settings >> Personal >> Phone >> Services

Select GPS and tap the Change Setting Button at bottom of screen.... Select "Location On" and then OK. Answer any confirm's with Yes / I Agree / Ok...

Guest wjdunn3
Has anybody tried typing in *#1472365# into their Omnia2?

It brings up some extra gps settings, some of which are similar to settings that can be reached in registry but some are unique.

The main one that was of interest to me was the start up mode of GPS.

Mine was set to cold start which meant that every time i started my tomtom it did so by deleting all previous data.

This meant i was on a cold start each and every time i used it which was why it took forever to lock sometimes.

I have now changed this setting to "hotstart" and my locks are instant.

There are various other settings that can be played with and tried out but this setting alone got rid of the only flaw i could find in the Omnia2.

hmmmm.....interesting. Anyone know what the magic number code for the Omia is? Yes I tried *#1472365# and it didn't do anything for me (i910).

Guest jh787
hmmmm.....interesting. Anyone know what the magic number code for the Omia is? Yes I tried *#1472365# and it didn't do anything for me (i910).

I dont know any other codes but the program is called "NogarderGPS.exe" and is located in the windows folder on Omnia, try looking in the windows folder using explorer(or similar). It is in rom so will be hidden by default so you will have to enable view of hidden files in Resco explorer or whatever explorer you use.

i have it as a shortcut on my home screen as i am always trying to tweak the gps.

Guest ebidar
The first thing to check is the GPS Service. Go to Settings >> Personal >> Phone >> Services

Select GPS and tap the Change Setting Button at bottom of screen.... Select "Location On" and then OK. Answer any confirm's with Yes / I Agree / Ok...

Yes I do have that on.

Edited by ebidar

Guest ebidar
Yes I do have that on.

So I decided to change the setting to e911 and soft reset then after I changed back to Location on, then I used Keep Alive and after like 5 minutes I connected to 4 sats. I am sure I had tried this before but I guess it worked this time. I noticed that this phone I910 constantly needs to be soft rested and options moved to work. The wifirouter is the same I need to crash cleanup and soft reset to get it to work again. Pretty annoying but I guess I will keep doing this. Thanks for the help.

Guest Wynnded
I dont know any other codes but the program is called "NogarderGPS.exe" and is located in the windows folder on Omnia, try looking in the windows folder using explorer(or similar). It is in rom so will be hidden by default so you will have to enable view of hidden files in Resco explorer or whatever explorer you use.

i have it as a shortcut on my home screen as i am always trying to tweak the gps.

I can't find that on my i910, maybe it's an i900 only file. I do know that any of those #xxxxxxx# codes only work for the i900, not the i910.

Guest jh787
I can't find that on my i910, maybe it's an i900 only file. I do know that any of those #xxxxxxx# codes only work for the i900, not the i910.

Do you know how to extract the application from the phone?

If so drop me a pm and i will try and extract it for you.

Guest jh787
I'll have to look at this when the weekend arrives. Thank you for the information. I'll try to get back here to let you know what I find.

ok. cool

Guest tmar23

I tried this app and it worked great the first time using it. However, I left it on while I was at work (inside a building with no/poor reception) and when I went back outside at the end of the day I could not get a lock. Kept trying, but nothing. Finally, I had to turn gps off by going into settings an selected e911 (as previous poster did), and reset. Turned back on and was able to get locks. So, I experienced a similar experience as previous post. I am on Lioryte's latest base rom 23551 for the i910. Couuld different roms impact this? Or, do I simply need to turn this app off if I will be inside for an extended period of time?

Guest RoyalDrew
I tried this app and it worked great the first time using it. However, I left it on while I was at work (inside a building with no/poor reception) and when I went back outside at the end of the day I could not get a lock. Kept trying, but nothing. Finally, I had to turn gps off by going into settings an selected e911 (as previous poster did), and reset. Turned back on and was able to get locks. So, I experienced a similar experience as previous post. I am on Lioryte's latest base rom 23551 for the i910. Couuld different roms impact this? Or, do I simply need to turn this app off if I will be inside for an extended period of time?

I have recently moved to the Omnia II i920(verizon) so i haven't been using my i910 much anymore. When using this app with my i910 i never had any issues grabbing a gps fix. I would guess that the only time a different ROM would change the way the app behaves is if the ROM itself had some changes to the gps settings or a cooked in gps app that would be interfering with it. I also have no gps signal in the building at work but have never had problems like you have described. But yeah, from my experience, it's probably just better to use the app whenever you're out and would want a constant gps fix.

BTW On my i920 i get much faster and more reliable gps fixes than my i910 without using any other applications. I have also seen that using KeepAlive on my i920 drains battery far quicker than without it, which is something i didn't experience on my i910. I haven't seen the need to use the KeepAlive application on my i920 since there is quick fixes and the app drains my battery, but on my i910 the app was a savior for me.

Guest tmar23
I have recently moved to the Omnia II i920(verizon) so i haven't been using my i910 much anymore. When using this app with my i910 i never had any issues grabbing a gps fix. I would guess that the only time a different ROM would change the way the app behaves is if the ROM itself had some changes to the gps settings or a cooked in gps app that would be interfering with it. I also have no gps signal in the building at work but have never had problems like you have described. But yeah, from my experience, it's probably just better to use the app whenever you're out and would want a constant gps fix.

BTW On my i920 i get much faster and more reliable gps fixes than my i910 without using any other applications. I have also seen that using KeepAlive on my i920 drains battery far quicker than without it, which is something i didn't experience on my i910. I haven't seen the need to use the KeepAlive application on my i920 since there is quick fixes and the app drains my battery, but on my i910 the app was a savior for me.

Thanks, I get pretty quick locks (<1 minute usually) without this program, so maybe I will use it sparingly. THanks for the reply, and the info on your i920. I probably won't be upgrading for a few more months.