MihaiP

MihaiP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 2
Hello.
My findings:
- the number of satellites (locked and standby) depends of the buffer values. Using the recommended settings of 1024/512 I have 4 locked and 6 standby satellites. Doubling the buffer, the numbers become 5 and 7. Doubling again, 4096/2048, I get 7 locked and 9 standby satellites. The device is struggling to increase the values by 1, but is loosing very fast the gained satellite.
- I don't know exactly what is fixed in the file, but I found out that, from time to time, all the satellites are lost, like having the GPS disconnected.
- The speed is very good, I get a position in about 10s, warm start and 25s cold start.

Phone : JA3, WM6.5.3, KSTAN's uLite, com settings as standard 7/9 baud 4800.

Edited by MihaiP, 10 March 2010 - 08:08 AM.

Odysseas07

Odysseas07

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Devices:Omnia2
Hello

I want to unistall the fix what can i do ???

If i unistall i loose the gpsid.dll ???

IF YES can someone give me the original ??

thanksssssssssssssssss

asus535

asus535

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Devices:dell axim x51v
Read post #33
You can mask but can't loose or delete a ROM file.

Hello

I want to unistall the fix what can i do ???

If i unistall i loose the gpsid.dll ???

IF YES can someone give me the original ??

thanksssssssssssssssss

Odysseas07

Odysseas07

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Devices:Omnia2

Read post #33
You can mask but can't loose or delete a ROM file.

thanks man

mattandy

mattandy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:omnia 2 i8000
please tell me what's the baud rate and how is better to set it? lower or higher to improve the tomtom performance? now i'm on 57600
thank you so much 4 the answer <_<

asus535

asus535

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
I don't use tomtom but this link may help you: http://www.modaco.co...ung-i900-omnia/

please tell me what's the baud rate and how is better to set it? lower or higher to improve the tomtom performance? now i'm on 57600

MihaiP

MihaiP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 2
The baud rate is related to the protocol. The protocol's name is NMEA, with a standard baud rate of 4800 b/s. Setting it to run as fast as you can may improve the responsiveness of the program, because of some other technicalities (chipset and application). Also, you can use google for more info.

chocobo9

chocobo9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II
Hi,

My google map stops working after i did a hard reset. I tried com 4 , 7 , baudrate 4800 , 9600 , 19200 , all failed.

I applied the gpsfix and it gives the same result.

can anyone give me some clues?

Henti

Henti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-I8000
I have installed the fix by automatic install, and somehow the gps completely stoped to work, i unistalled it and checked the registry values, they were the defaults, and still dont work, even a hard reset haven't helped. What could go wrong?

asus535

asus535

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Try to use xtra
And wait for minutes. You may need a coldstart duration.
Despite that fix, gps seems to need xtra data, at least 5 days.

I have installed the fix by automatic install, and somehow the gps completely stoped to work, i unistalled it and checked the registry values, they were the defaults, and still dont work, even a hard reset haven't helped. What could go wrong?

Edited by asus535, 16 March 2010 - 09:56 AM.

Henti

Henti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-I8000
extra was turned downloaded, but it didnt helped. until somehow it started to work again, i dont know what happend. after it I copied the fixed dll to windows again, manually, and the gps became far more sensitive, thanks for the fix.

dande

dande

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Devices:HTC Polaris, Omnia II
Although seems not working on some people and I was from the people that I thought there is no deference in the beginning during few tests,
after (I don't know how) this started to work really very good.
I used to work with it in B1 Phone part and worked very good.
I though to upgrade to B2 version phone part and even right after flashing it fixed the location in 5''.
It's amazing fast to fix a location from cold/hot start.
I have three Navigation apps and two for logging gps traces and I use them all the time. They fix in 5'' or in worst case in 10".
I don't understand what's wrong for some people and the worst, I can't help.

Big THANK YOU to Vagus!

Edited by dande, 28 March 2010 - 02:48 PM.

jawso

jawso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000

Although seems not working on some people and I was from the people that I thought there is no deference in the beginning during few tests,
after (I don't know how) this started to work really very good.
I used to work with it in B1 Phone part and worked very good.
I though to upgrade to B2 version phone part and even right after flashing it fixed the location in 5''.
It's amazing fast to fix a location from cold/hot start.
I have three Navigation apps and two for logging gps traces and I use them all the time. They fix in 5'' or in worst case in 10".
I don't understand what's wrong for some people and the worst, I can't help.
Big THANK YOU to Vagus!

Weird, maybe it's 'cause I haven't actually started a subscription to any provider yet (still a virgin phone), with everything enabled properly and the .dll installed I still get absolutely no satellites regardless of where I place the phone (atm I'm right next to a giant window with an unobstructed view of most of the sky). Is it possible that you have to register the phone with Bell (in my case) before the GPS data is able to be understood? The GPS receiver works (or says it's connected anyhow) within iGO. Google maps is the same prob. 0 satellites found.

asus535

asus535

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Read below text from post #9 or readme file. weird driver needs a SIMCARD. Just barrow from a friend and tried with it, without using xtra first

(2) Do not forget to insert your simcard, and do not use use your phone as a standalone GPS device.
weird gps driver needs simcard (I don't mean internet connection, or Xtra).

Weird, maybe it's 'cause I haven't actually started a subscription to any provider yet (still a virgin phone), with everything enabled properly and the .dll installed I still get absolutely no satellites regardless of where I place the phone (atm I'm right next to a giant window with an unobstructed view of most of the sky). Is it possible that you have to register the phone with Bell (in my case) before the GPS data is able to be understood? The GPS receiver works (or says it's connected anyhow) within iGO. Google maps is the same prob. 0 satellites found.

Edited by asus535, 06 April 2010 - 08:51 AM.

jawso

jawso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Read below text from post #9 or readme file. weird driver needs a SIMCARD. Just barrow from a friend and tried with it, without using xtra first

I do have a simcard installed (it came in the phone box), I just haven't activated the phone yet. I posted this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here in case it's of help to somebody in the same situation later on, but while I get 0 satellites found here (at home) outside, or inside near a window - at work, I turned the phone on on a whim and bingo, 4 satellites within seconds and that's without having done ANYTHING else to the phone. It makes me think that cellphone reception (even though the phone itself isn't activated) somehow plays a role as I have TERRIBLE reception at home out in the boondocks, yet pretty decent reception at work. Weird damn phone.

thegunners

thegunners

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA II
in JC1 Euro version there's no XTRA setting, how to get this setting ?

jh787

jh787

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:I8000 (OmniaII)
have you tried removing buffers altogether?

Worked wonders for me.

jawso

jawso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I do have a simcard installed (it came in the phone box), I just haven't activated the phone yet. I posted this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here in case it's of help to somebody in the same situation later on, but while I get 0 satellites found here (at home) outside, or inside near a window - at work, I turned the phone on on a whim and bingo, 4 satellites within seconds and that's without having done ANYTHING else to the phone. It makes me think that cellphone reception (even though the phone itself isn't activated) somehow plays a role as I have TERRIBLE reception at home out in the boondocks, yet pretty decent reception at work. Weird damn phone.

Confirmed, i turned the phone portion of the phone (if that makes sense) off in the wireless menu and couldn't use the gps at all. The second the 'phone wireless' was turned back on, I picked up satellites again....this would explain why I couldn't get any satellites at home, my cellphone reception is garbage.

[edit] thanks to JH787 I'll add the info here too for posterity in case others find this helpful.

Have you checked what mode you have the gps in?

It should be in standalone.

Type *#1472365# in to phone and go to settings\gps

That was it!!! I'd been in there before, but obviously didn't turn on/off the right things. I had to tweak a couple settings in the XTRA submenu in addition to putting it in standalone as you suggested, but I now have a functional GPS w/out having activated the phone. Thank you VERY VERY VERY much!!!!

Edited by jawso, 08 April 2010 - 12:18 AM.

darkhelmetnl

darkhelmetnl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900
Just tried it outside.

Didnt seem to work. Didnt have a lot of patience for the first fix.
But Googlemaps, Garmin and TomTom didnt get a fix.

Garmin was able to see satelites. I tried nogarder gps (*#1472365#) and it didnt seem to get a fix quickly. Also visible sats popped on and off the display.

I suppose garmin will work to get a fix in aprox 5 minutes. It did with the original DLL and reg settings. I have the XXJC1 ROM btw

Will try tomorrow when i have some navigation to do on the road

Edited by darkhelmetnl, 05 July 2010 - 08:52 PM.

martenzite

martenzite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you mate.
It worked like a charm for me even when assisted gps turned off.
Only installed gpsfix.
I am using original rom and route 66 for gps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users