i8000 wm6.5 gpsfix

Guest y17dt
it is said that, Galaxy S (Android) has gps problems. Look

Thank you vagus for your contributions to WM community.

Samsung makes me angry because they are using unknown or low quality gps chips in their phones. If software (driver) fails, don't expect to be a fix from them.

We know the name of the gps chip in iphone4 (Broadcom BCM4750), but not in i8000 (Maybe one of These )

There is a speculation that S Galaxy S (SGS) uses new Broadcom 20751: Link

I wish Samsung use dedicated gps chips such as latest sirf or mtk (low power) chips as Asus did in Asus P535.

I think they use combined chips which may also doing FM radio or even GSM operations. Cheap method but quality depends on manufacturers software or hardware accomplishment.

There is even the possibility that, some of the gps chips are defective, or have different brand names. You know, some i8000 users aren't complaining about pgs performance, strange.

I onwned a P535 before I bought my I8000. And I can tell you, my GPS is working as good as in my P535! Only after 5 or 6 hours of driving somtimes the GPS-chip crashens and Omnia needs to reeboot to find GPS again. P535 never did anything like that.

It seems to be a "good-chip" in my Omnia.

But I can tell you: GPS-chip in P750 was REALLY nice!

Regards

• 4 weeks later...
Guest harrymcqueen
downloaf ix from: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JAE0XH0D

Please make a back-up of your original windows\\gpsidril.dll

install my fix in "automatic install" folder

if an error happens, you must manually copy gpsidril.dll in "manual install folder" to windows folder of your device

Until Microsoft finds the bug in gpsid.dll and Samsung makes a good gpsidril.dll this is the temporary fix.

It is their duty to make a good driver that doesn't need GPSModDriver or reducing cache. We are the customers, and paid for those devices instead of iPhOnE

Hi guys.

in my Omnia 2 i8000 the gpsidril.dll is stored in the rom, so its no chance to replace, without flashing a new ROM / Firmware right?

• 1 month later...

You cannot delete rom files, but make them hidden.

You can force copying files over rom files by resco explorer. rom files don't deleted by hides.

if you want to revert back to rom file, to unhide it, just rename gpsidril.dll to gpsidrilx.dll, and then delete gpsidrilx.dll

now hiding rom file, shows up.

Hi guys.

in my Omnia 2 i8000 the gpsidril.dll is stored in the rom, so its no chance to replace, without flashing a new ROM / Firmware right?

hint for users having problems with gps, and want to hard-reset device.

do-not hard reset ! Just copy a new radio (phone) rom with octans. check "preserve memory". do not select any other rom file or csc. Only select radio rom (16,384 kb) file.

I was playing with nogarder gps, to show something to my friend. I forget it, amd nogarder left running in the background for hours.

I then forced it to close with Samsung Taskswitcher. Then my gps port dis-appeared.

igo8 cannot find gps port, and nogarder gps doesn't show any gps information.

I wrote Phone_I8000XXJF1.bin with octans (without hardresetting), and now my gps port appeared again. I will now check, if that radio rom really doesn't need vagus fix. I will inform you later.

• 3 months later...
Guest habinet
downloaf ix from: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JAE0XH0D

if an error happens, you must manually copy gpsidril.dll in "manual install folder" to windows folder of your device

Until Microsoft finds the bug in gpsid.dll and Samsung makes a good gpsidril.dll this is the temporary fix.

It is their duty to make a good driver that doesn't need GPSModDriver or reducing cache. We are the customers, and paid for those devices instead of iPhOnE

Vagus, thanks a lot for your work.

Very good of i8000 and igo8. Even in the sitting room in the window really receipt. Has tried for days without result. Simply really

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest vagus

Update: I am using wm6.5.3 JH2 ROM with JF1 phone (radio) ROM without any patch. I think, Samsung fixed gps with radio rom, and changing gpsidril.dll is obsolote.

Guest Jadeja
download fix from: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JAE0XH0D

Update: I am using wm6.5.3 JH2 ROM with JF1 phone (radio) ROM without any patch. I think, Samsung fixed gps with radio rom, and changing gpsidril.dll is obsolote.

Hello,

I am using Samsung Omani II I8000 with Repid's JJ1 Sense ROM. Since 1st day my GPS is not working. I tired what is suggested here.

But Still Same. Please help to get MY GPS active and working.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

My i8000 need a working sim-card to run the garmin GPS. I inserted a dummy sim-card and it won't work anymore. :angry: (the dummy card is an old sim-card and no longer in use.) I tried it w/"airplane" mode before and it's not working. I tried only wifi or bluetooth and either not work.

My i8000 still not installed the "fix" yet. Not sure if it can run with the dummy card.. :( I will try that.