29 replies to this topic

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
no time for screenshots or descriptions, will post later when i have time. for now here it is, first version of non-base ROM:

Edit: Data Connection not working so i removed the link. switching back to the original OEM i used. stay tuned for the new version.

Edited by thekevster, 17 March 2010 - 04:49 AM.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones that are worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Posted Image

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
added a new version to the first post. new version inlcudes alot of bug fixes including mms and sleep of death. this is a stable working ROM with no major problems that i have found. i'll be adding new versions when i can, maybe in a new thread. i have alot of work to post once i make them modaco-friendly. i have a custom titanium build (non-base), an M2D only ROM, and i'm currently working on a flotanium ROM.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones that are worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Posted Image

RoyalDrew

RoyalDrew

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I910 & I920

added a new version to the first post. new version inlcudes alot of bug fixes including mms and sleep of death. this is a stable working ROM with no major problems that i have found. i'll be adding new versions when i can, maybe in a new thread. i have alot of work to post once i make them modaco-friendly. i have a custom titanium build (non-base), an M2D only ROM, and i'm currently working on a flotanium ROM.

Wow man I really like the Base v2 23541 build. It's super responsive and doesn't seem to have the laggy feel of the roms I've used lately.
I've used roms from almost every cooker out there and i would have to rate this one of the top!

I usually only use base roms because i have a certain set of apps and don't want any other bloat so i'm glad i ran across this one!

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Wow man I really like the Base v2 23541 build. It's super responsive and doesn't seem to have the laggy feel of the roms I've used lately.
I've used roms from almost every cooker out there and i would have to rate this one of the top!

I usually only use base roms because i have a certain set of apps and don't want any other bloat so i'm glad i ran across this one!

thanks! I'm glad you like it. I've found 23541 to be the most stable build i've ever used. I havent experienced the sleep of death on it yet, and it's only frozen on me once but that was because i was trying to run like 5 apps at one time lol.

i was the same way before i started cooking my own ROMs. i liked the designs of some of the ROMs, but most of them had stuff cooked in that was useless to me and a waste of space.

i'm planning on adding a version with office 2010, chome editor, and showcase removed as well some other small things to allow for more free memory. i think with all of that removed i might be able to get on the upwards of 170MB free.

Edited by thekevster, 23 March 2010 - 05:03 PM.

Posted Image

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hi Kevin,

So I had a question about your two base ROMs that you have here. What exactly is the main differences between 28223 and 23541 (besides it being a different com)?

You mentioned 28223 not having threaded email. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's where emails are nested as they are received, correct? What about texts? Personally, the threaded texts drive me up the wall and one of the first thing I usually install is Modaco's OmniaThread to get rid of that. Somewhere you also mentioned that you were having issues with MMS in 28223 and were going to post a new version. Did you ever figure out the problem? I didn't see a new ROM based on that build posted.

Do these bases come with Titanium, or is it just the Start screen?

Totally unrelated question. I've downloaded and installed Vistang's Kitchen, but was wondering where do I get the base ROM files to seed the kitchen with?

Thanks!!

Robert

Edited by robertjm, 09 April 2010 - 05:54 AM.

HTC Thunderbolt with SynergyROM Nighties
Samsung Omnia i910 with thekevster's M2D WM 6.5 ROM v3 DC22/23563 (retired)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Fujitsu AH531 laptop (home)
Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin 64bit desktop (home)
rooted Barnes & Noble Nook Color

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Hi Kevin,

So I had a question about your two base ROMs that you have here. What exactly is the main differences between 28223 and 23541 (besides it being a different com)?

You mentioned 28223 not having threaded email. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's where emails are nested as they are received, correct? What about texts? Personally, the threaded texts drive me up the wall and one of the first thing I usually install is Modaco's OmniaThread to get rid of that. Somewhere you also mentioned that you were having issues with MMS in 28223 and were going to post a new version. Did you ever figure out the problem? I didn't see a new ROM based on that build posted.

Do these bases come with Titanium, or is it just the Start screen?

Totally unrelated question. I've downloaded and installed Vistang's Kitchen, but was wondering where do I get the base ROM files to seed the kitchen with?

Thanks!!

Robert

28223 was one of my earlier ROMS before i really started to fix all the bugs and everything. not much difference other than the different COM. major differences are the differences between COM builds.
there is no threaded email in 28223, it is a feature of the COM 5 235XX builds. threaded texts can be easily turned off in the Base ROMS by going to start -> settings -> system -> Text Message and changing conversation mode to "Off"
MMS is fixed in 23541. i found the 23541 build to be significantly stabler and faster than the 28223 build so i didnt bother updating 28223 with the MMS fix.

Posted Image

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Thanks for the follow-up. Did have one question.

I ended up flashing v28223 at first, but then switched over to v23541. Seems like it was a lot faster, though that could be my imagination.

One thing that's a problem is that I installed the PhatPhingers dialer and now the green SEND button (hard button) is not working on my Omnia i910.

Any idea on how to fix that? I think you cooked that into your Titanium ROM, if memory strikes me. Did you have to make a change after installing it?

Thanks!

Robert

Edited by robertjm, 10 April 2010 - 12:53 AM.

HTC Thunderbolt with SynergyROM Nighties
Samsung Omnia i910 with thekevster's M2D WM 6.5 ROM v3 DC22/23563 (retired)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Fujitsu AH531 laptop (home)
Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin 64bit desktop (home)
rooted Barnes & Noble Nook Color

Xionz

Xionz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I reaaly like this flash for sch i910, only problem I have with it is wifi was disabled, when I'm home I only use wifi and when I'm traveling and now its gone. :rolleyes:

stevfuri

stevfuri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Just tried flashing this and I'm getting a Windows Logo on an Orange / Yellow background. No start menu or anything
Any ideas why that might happen?

Seems to have started working now, might have just needed a minute to initialize.

Edited by stevfuri, 26 May 2010 - 04:51 PM.

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910, Moto Q9C
  • Twitter:@peperonikiller
tap the top left of your screen

Join my Facebook group HERE
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic