I need GPS. Getting Help Please

Guest ss4akkin

Guest ss4akkin

read all the subjects about i1910 gps and i did everything but my problem isnt solved.i1910.vs. i setuped this system but again it didnt solve.google maps,igo amigo and igo8 all the programs like that i setuped them too but they couldnt find a satellite.

I have tried ROM

CF03

CC20(windows mobile 6.1 vs 6.5

I need GPS and very urgent.

I need help.Please

sorry: My English is not good

Guest 70blzr
read all the subjects about i1910 gps and i did everything but my problem isnt solved.i1910.vs. i setuped this system but again it didnt solve.google maps,igo amigo and igo8 all the programs like that i setuped them too but they couldnt find a satellite.

I have tried ROM

CF03

CC20(windows mobile 6.1 vs 6.5

I need GPS and very urgent.

I need help.Please

sorry: My English is not good

did you turn gps location on under services

start-settings-personal-phone-services-gps, change settings, location on

Edited by 70blzr

Guest ss4akkin

I had my samsung i900 device.

Samsung i900 was installed Igo 8

All the satellites were found after 1 minute.

4 Bound to port 4800, but Rate button.

Now Samsung i910 .

port 8 bound rate 57600.(gps signal finde a closed area(home))

post-615261-1267594173_thumb.jpg

post-615261-1267594177_thumb.jpg

Guest lioryte
help???

GPS in i910 goes back to port 8 route 4800.

GPS in i910 sucks compare to a compass even :(

You need to enable it and go out. Once out relax, put the phone down, get a beer or two you'll get a lock and all it'll take is for you to be out for about 10-30 min.

It gets better after the first lock though.

Guest tractor101
NO <_<((

If you waited long enough and it still didn't lock then all i can imagine is something wrong with the phone (gps chip)

Guest therealsevanr
i searched gps signal in outdoor for 1 hour ....(no,no,no)

ovv f.ck <_<

I assume you have Verizon? I'd take it in and have it looked at, because it should work out of the box if you turned it on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest jh787

Have you tried typing in *#1472365# into their Omnia2?

It brings up some extra gps settings, some of which are similar to settings that can be reached in registry but some are unique.

The main one that was of interest to me was the start up mode of GPS.

Mine was set to cold start which meant that every time i started my tomtom it did so by deleting all previous data.

This meant i was on a cold start each and every time i used it which was why it took forever to lock sometimes.

I have now changed this setting to "hotstart" and my locks are instant.

Please see post 95 in the following thread for my registry settings which give me a very fast fix with excellent accuracy.

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/275659/...0/#entry1238381

Edited by jh787

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guy_incognito262

I am also having some problems with my GPS. I have turned it on through the phone settings.

The problem is that iGo will sporadically recognize the GPS receiver. The vast majority of the time it will say that no GPS receiver is detected, however it has detected it, and was able to connect to satellites and maintain a signal.

I am using Mr.Capcoms rom.

Is this a problem of iGo, the rom, my phone, or something else? Any recommendations? Thanks.

Guest guy_incognito262

Also, rotating the screen in iGo did not fill the screen while in landscape mode; but also now does not fill the screen in portrait mode. This persists despite restarting program and doing a soft reset for the device.

Guest jh787
I am also having some problems with my GPS. I have turned it on through the phone settings.

The problem is that iGo will sporadically recognize the GPS receiver. The vast majority of the time it will say that no GPS receiver is detected, however it has detected it, and was able to connect to satellites and maintain a signal.

I am using Mr.Capcoms rom.

Is this a problem of iGo, the rom, my phone, or something else? Any recommendations? Thanks.

Can you post your intermediate driver and hklm\software\samsung\ril\gps registry keys?

Guest guy_incognito262
Can you post your intermediate driver and hklm\software\samsung\ril\gps registry keys?

Sure, but I am new and need some instruction on how to post those details. Thanks.

Guest Root-dir

umm have you soft reset since you switched to location on?

also i noticed in your screenshot you have no cell signal is your phone radio off??

it needs to be on its all in the same chip

Edited by Root-dir

Guest guy_incognito262

Well, I feel like an idiot. GPS seems to be working, and it probably was because my phone was not always on. Didn't realize the GPS and phone were on the same physical chip. With that in mind, how does the GPS toggle program work? Will it also toggle the phone function?

Guest Root-dir
Well, I feel like an idiot. GPS seems to be working, and it probably was because my phone was not always on. Didn't realize the GPS and phone were on the same physical chip. With that in mind, how does the GPS toggle program work? Will it also toggle the phone function?

no the gps can be off while the phone is on just not vice versa