HTC sued by Apple for patent infringement

Guest Carl_Brummy

Guest Dr. dre

I think google should ban access to all there application like youtube and maps etc. These fools (Apple) doesn't know whom they are messing with and apple has much more to loss than HTC just loosing the pinch to zoom thing.

Guest MoWeb
Microsoft? LOL! Boycott them, too!

Microsoft has a stake in this as well. They have their new OS coming out. Do you want to be stuck with that crappy iPhone and OS because Apple wins this lawsuit? We need choices.

Edited by MoWeb

Guest jonathanmusto
Microsoft has a stake in this as well. They have their new OS coming out. Do you want to be stuck with that crappy iPhone and OS because Apple wins this lawsuit? We need choices.

Google should really pull all their iPhone apps until this is resolved.... The iPhone is nothing without the Google apps!! Ohh wait, I forgot, you can still pretend to drink a beer with it!

Guest salahag
Fair enough! LOL! I saw a confrontation coming. I think Apple has a lot more to lose than they think.

+1 ... I've never been a fan of apple products before, and obviously believed it's marketing what really got them where they are now.

Starting with the (useless) iPad announcement and now suing HTC is just the beginning of the END for them. Congratulations Apple. :(

PS. I just decided I will buy an HTC Legend as a birthday gift, in addition to the HTC Desire when they come out. :(

Guest Carl_Brummy

I think all in all, Apple have gone after Google using HTC (as stated by another news article) 'by Proxy' for the lawsuit, the patents cover so many areas, that HTC have no actual ownership of the OS underlying their phones. They have merely provided Sense UI over the top. Google have announced they will stand by HTC, so watch this space.... Apple are just testing the water....

They are committing legal suicide taking on the worlds mobile manufacturers....first Kodak sue Apple, then Nokia sue Apple, then Apple counter sue Nokia, Nokia respond with further legal ammo....glad I don't live in the US! :( Wont be long before MS, Nokia, HTC, Samsung, Sony and the rest join forces and cross license and go after Apple once and for all....the iPhone still doesn't multitask, no Flash....and they call that innovation?

Plus, Android is based on open source Linux kernel, running a Customised JVM (Dalvik) so are Apple going to sue the linux distributors too - its the OS that provides much of the functionality????

:(

Guest The_IMF

Apple will probably win. They are in possession of the best patent lawyers you can get in the states. This could be very very bad news for HTC.

And us, because if Apple wins, HTC has to make customizations in the Hero ROM and it will get delayed again.

There is no way this court case will affect the 2.x ROM's release date. This will take forever to go through the courts.

Guest speedking34

15 of the 20 are total bullshit, the 5 others are only half bullshit. But really, apple has been stealing ideas from other compagnies for years, decades even (rightfuly so), why in the hell are they suing someone else for doing the same? (and to be completly fare, I wouldn't even call it stealing of ideas, but implementing common sense).

Guest salahag

just wondering, if it actually goes to court and apple wins the case, will that affect HTC/Android market outside the US in any way?

Guest Dr. dre
just wondering, if it actually goes to court and apple wins the case, will that affect HTC/Android market outside the US in any way?

Not at all. <_<

Guest salahag
Not at all. <_<

Great! :mellow: ... Way to go Apple.

I see it a definite loss for Apple, even if they win this case. (Which I still doubt)

1. They are indirectly marketing HTC phones and Android OS.
  2. They are creating more haters for Apple.
  3. Forums and articles on this subject everywhere are turning into war zones between apple blind followers and everyone else. The only outcome of that is some of those followers will be slapped on the face with the facts and wake up, because it's common sense.
  4. After the patent system flaws in the US has been exposed, it will definitely get overhauled soon in ways that are in favor of innovation, competition and open source.
So the worst that can happen, is HTC might have modified versions for the US, and probably that will only help HTC and the consumer when they come up with better unthought of innovations to replace what apple is claiming theirs. and HTC will make up for any losses along the way in no time. Edited by salahag

Guest ZiCoN

My god a lot of suits will be coming up... The germans for the freeway idea, the car, the combustion engine, the light bulb, the tv, the door bell... I could go on... Thank god that the one who invented the wheel is dead... imagine a law suit against all those who copied that idea!

Guest starfarer
I noticed that for some of my daily activities I am using both hands in the same time. Hope that Apple will not sue me. :mellow:

My best :( <_< :D

Guest cezent

This lawsuit means there will be no Gesture recognition, live wallpaper, multiple home screen (and snapshot)...on the next or any future generations of iPhone..I m not the one use iPhone so I m not bothered...hehe...

Guest Xtiro
Well if i do a patent "how to walk" then everybody will be denied from walking from then on?

Unfortunately you can't; Apple have already patented it.

Expect your court summons in the post.

Guest Carl_Brummy
Unfortunately you can't; Apple have already patented it.

Expect your court summons in the post.

And the footpath....ah well, at least "I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea"...quote by S. Jobs, Apple. Inc.

<_<