GBACE - how to make it work

Guest voicerader

Guest voicerader

Ok, so i spent a whoooooole lot of time trying to figure out how to get a GBA emulator on my BlackJack 2, and i finally got it to work. Here's how...

Well, in this Tut you dont have to go all around the whole web to get the files, and im not just "expecting" you have certain files, like some people.

Oh, yes. NO OVERCLOCKING NEEDED!

1. Download the files, i will have it attached to this post and i will have multiple links for it, in .ZIP and .RAR format.

2. Put the files (GBACE folder, ScrRot, and SurrealNetworksAppUnlock.cab) on your phone

3. FIRST install the "SurrealNetworksAppUnlock.cab" on the phone, It "app unlocks" your phone. I have no idea what that means, but you have to do it. (and no you don't need internet, but the title does suggest that, with "networks")

NOTE FOR #3: The appunlock may be a Winrar archive, it may be a cab file with a blue icon, and you may not be able to open it at all with your computer. IT DOES NOT MATTER! It still works on the phone.

4. This is the annoying thing, but its what makes GBACE not work, its the type of screen we have, portrait. The ScrRot thing makes it so you can rotate the screen to landscape, to make it work :( (its a VERY simple program! click on it, and it turns the screen. press it again and its back to normal, simple)

5. WHILE THE SCREEN IS ROTATED, go to the GBACE folder and click GBACE (duh) load a ROM, and w00t your done!

***questions that i know will be asked***

Q: WTF THIS DOESNT WORK FOR MY PHONE! WHY!?

A: dunno, im not a programmer. I've only tested this for BlackJack 2.

Q: I can't open the RAR/ZIP file!

A: Download WinRar, it opens them. (though i don't think you need WinRaR for ZIP, but i don't know)

Q: OMG I FOLLOWD TH3 ST3PS AND I HAZ BLAKJAK2 BUT IT NO WORK! GO DIE@

A: Cool story, bro. Read it again and try it. and read ALL the steps.

Q: The screen fills up like half of my screen... Why?

A: I don't know, but its the same for me. You get used to it, though. (and its the only gba emulator for the any smartphone besides iphone, that i know of, that works)

Q: On my computer that appunlock thingy is a WinRar file

A: I know. put that Winrar file into the phone like it is. It works fine

Q: On my computer the appunlock doesnt open with anything, will it still work?

A: Yup. I tested that too.

Links:

To the ".ZIP" with all the files needed,

mediafire

SendSpace

The one everyone hates... RapidShare

To the ".RAR" with all the files needed,

MediaFire

SendSpace

zomg rapidshare

If it doesn't work, aww... post a comment, and i'l SEE if i can help, but i most likely wont be much help. Atleast post what your phone is, what firmware thingy you have (WM 5, WM 6, exc.) So we can help you better. And say what doesnt work for you.

fast tut:

download files and put them on phone

install SurrealNetworksAppUnlock.cab on the phone first

use ScrRot to rotate screen or it wont work

play GBACE only when screen is rotated.

P.S. Masterall, the creator of this GBACE, please make a GBA emulator that doesnt require sooo much stuff... >.<

GBACE_working.rar

GBACE_working.zip

Guest serafinpabon

ive followed all the instructions to the letter and i still cant get it to work. i have an htc snap running windows mobile 6.1. does anyone know how to get the whole overclock thing working on it so i can finally get gbace to work?

Guest voicerader
ive followed all the instructions to the letter and i still cant get it to work. i have an htc snap running windows mobile 6.1. does anyone know how to get the whole overclock thing working on it so i can finally get gbace to work?

what happens? does it just close out? error? cant find the rom? whats the error?

edit: and did you rotate the screen when you tried it??

Edited by voicerader

Guest serafinpabon

it runs fine until i try to load a rom. itll hang for a few seconds and then boot me back to the file explorer. ive tried everything except overclocking because i dont know how. should i rotate the screen and then load or the opposite?

Guest voicerader
it runs fine until i try to load a rom. itll hang for a few seconds and then boot me back to the file explorer. ive tried everything except overclocking because i dont know how. should i rotate the screen and then load or the opposite?

rotate the screen, then load a rom.

edit: post back if it works, kay? <_<

edit #2: i think overclocking can potentially over-heat your phone, and break it...

Edited by voicerader

Guest voicerader
nope. didnt work. kept booting me back to the file explorer. why does it keep doing that?
hmm... don't know. <_< did you install the "app unlock" thingy? because it wont work without it.

Guest voicerader
yes i did. made sure of that. still wont work

Is it in a SD card, or the phone itself? I just tried puting it in my phone, and it didn't work. (if you havn't already tried) try from the SD card.