Droid Eris 2.1 leak

Guest Xfight

Guest Harbringer

I'm very impressed not only by the speed of the rom, but by the devs speed too !!!

another thing, that means HTC will release the official romm very soon....

Can't wait for MCR 4.0 :( if Paul finds little time to ....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kingkeld

Wow... things are moving FAST at Xda.

I tried the ROM and it looks good but without Titanium backup I can't see myself installing all my stuff again right now. I will patiently wait for a cool, shiny ROM with everything in it.

Paul, give us a little sugar! The last time we heard from you was pretty much the same day I upgraded to PLUS member. Gimme a little for the money. :(

Kingkeld.

Guest Vido.Ardes

As soon as busybox is added, I can;t see any reason not to use this as my new daily! It's super quick, stable, everything works... fantastic! Those guys at XDA deserve a medal or something... amazingly fast

Guest TomBriden

:(

Oh, and for anyone restoring backups. Don't try and restore Sense, you'll end up with endless force closes and will have to reflash!

Guest Vido.Ardes
:(

Oh, and for anyone restoring backups. Don't try and restore Sense, you'll end up with endless force closes and will have to reflash!

I learnt that when I tried to flash without wiping from MCR 3.2 :(

Guest Vido.Ardes
I've gone for the first one, until Paul gets an optimized one going

Same, the vanillian ROM should be good once he releases it, got GoogleNav outside US, busybox native, apps2SD... it's all looking good

Guest pulser

How long till we can get kernel sources for this ? :(

Then we will have a REALLY fast ROM!

Taking a look. Will d/l but won't install till A2SD is out though.

Guest PrinceDwi

I'm so glad that this leak has really spurred up the community..I can safely say that this was definitely the best thing that's happened to the Hero yet. =D I'm trying out BeHero now, we'll see who does the best job haha!

And I love how the mod releases are in hours now, not days :(

Guest ermacwins
It is due to the port of a CDMA version, they don't have sim card :(

It seems there a lot of people using sim contact oO

Just waiting for integration of busybox, A2SD and wifi tether.

thats what i was thinking, no biggie though guess i'll delete all my sim contacts after backing the safely elsewhere

im using maxo port, will wait for villians tonight,

guessing by next week there will be more devs on board.

Guest Stevie B
I'm so glad that this leak has really spurred up the community..I can safely say that this was definitely the best thing that's happened to the Hero yet. =D I'm trying out BeHero now, we'll see who does the best job haha!

And I love how the mod releases are in hours now, not days :(

I would have to agree - only a few hours ago I was wondering if we would ever see an official hero 2.1 - this hopefully, is the precursor...

There seems to be a lot of NEW mods out there playing. Shame Paul isn't amongst them

Guest Stevie B
Villain's Rom (which he says should be out later today) seems to be a good one to go for.

Yep, that's the one I'm waiting for

Guest pulser
Yep, that's the one I'm waiting for

Same here. A2SD, rooted... sounds perfect for me!

Is there anything that's not working yet, as far as anyone knows? (I've read about how to solve the WiFi/3G/Accelerometer issues etc. Just wondering if anyone's found anything else like general software bugs)

Guest rico2k_uk

installed everything including wifi drivers and seems to be working a-ok. a couple of basic fc's, but nothing serious. trying to uninstall some software off there (visual vm for example). need to change the bootscreen as currently showing verizon (and its poop!)

Guest Roton

Wow apps2sd is on there too, this looks like it could replace my current rom permanently :(

Should I update my radio to latest too?

Edited by Roton

Guest The_IMF
Nathan has just posted that he is uploading eight now. 30 minutes until it's out for the masses.

8 mins to go....... lol

Where where where's Paul????