Glass Status Bar Theme for all actual ROMs + preFroYo

Guest Formel-LMS

Guest Formel-LMS

For a few days I did a ClearStatusBar.

BUT:

I found it very awful, that nobody can read the time, when Market App or Browser is open. Damn, you're all right.

Now I did a new Theme, it's metamorph.

It's clear, but a little bit smoky on top, that we can see our clock on the upper left corner.

Look here:

4387326207_cf0f6779bf.jpg4388086982_327b10257b.jpg

4387325849_1a4bd01349.jpg4387325709_0836c91586.jpg

4364243657_6b8e4dd472.jpg

New Battery Icons like on this picture

4465846504_9266da1939.jpg

The blue homescreen is not the real statusbar, you can see it on first picture. I did this picture here, to show you the new notification icons.

What changes this morph:

- Statusbar

- Battery Icons - themed by DocRambone, thanks to you!!

- WiFi Icons

- Mobile Icons

- GPS Icon

- Gmail Statusbar Icon

- Email Statusbar Icon

- SMS/MMS Statusbar Icon

- Google Talk Statusbar Icon

- Statusbar drawer

Installation and Downloads

At first I have to say something new!

The new Metamorph seems to be a bit unstable by applying themes with coloured text in the statusbars. Some of you have reported problems while applying it. So I have decided to make the theme applying in a few little steps.

This is a Metamorph Theme. You have to install Metamorph (or better: Metamorph Pro) from the market. Copy the following files to your SD Card in the folder "AndroidThemes"

If you have problems

Check following

1. Have you downloaded the correct files for your ROM?

2. Have you debugging enabled in the Android Menu?

3. Install "Titanium Backup" start it and hit the "Problems?" Button, then it installs a correct busybox version. This is required!!!

4. In Metamorph, press Menu, and play with the applying speed. Choose a speed above 4200!

5. Never check the "Disable startup checks" in Metamorphs settings

6. Never, never, never rename the zipfile. If you do this, you become error messages like "Theme Control File Missing"

Download

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1

My Thanks goes to:

DocRambone for the Ideas

KnowFear for excellent explanation of making Metamorph Themes

Ohsaka for making it easy to change the services.jar colours with his incredible colour changer

Stericson for his awesome metamorph app

HAVE FUN!!!

Edited by Formel-LMS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Julant80

Been using this theme for a couple weeks now, and love it!

Ran into a bit of a problem the other day, and can't figure out how to fix it...

Updated several apps, including Hancent - which made me reboot my N1 in order to fully update and function - and upon reboot all text across the menu bar had turned from white to black.

This means my clock and any txt/updates that flash across the bar are in black text, which is nigh on impossible to read with a clear menu bar and most wallpapers.

Already tried reapplying the theme to no avail...

Anybody else run into this, or can start me down a path to edit menu font color?

I would rather not do a full nand restore for something as trivial as this, if I don't have to.

Guest xkonni
Been using this theme for a couple weeks now, and love it!

Ran into a bit of a problem the other day, and can't figure out how to fix it...

Updated several apps, including Hancent - which made me reboot my N1 in order to fully update and function - and upon reboot all text across the menu bar had turned from white to black.

This means my clock and any txt/updates that flash across the bar are in black text, which is nigh on impossible to read with a clear menu bar and most wallpapers.

Already tried reapplying the theme to no avail...

Anybody else run into this, or can start me down a path to edit menu font color?

I would rather not do a full nand restore for something as trivial as this, if I don't have to.

well, those settings are in services.jar (classes.dex/.../StatusBarService.smali, StatusBarIcon.smali) and framework-res.apk (res/layout/status_bar.xml).

no idea how you managed to get them replaced again.

but if you edit those yourself, you could as well use the metamorph again.

are you sure you reapplied it correctly?

Guest Julant80
well, those settings are in services.jar (classes.dex/.../StatusBarService.smali, StatusBarIcon.smali) and framework-res.apk (res/layout/status_bar.xml).

no idea how you managed to get them replaced again.

but if you edit those yourself, you could as well use the metamorph again.

are you sure you reapplied it correctly?

Thanks, when I have time I'll see if there's anything that looks out of place...

Just to make sure, I went back and applied several different themes that all included services.jar & framework-res.apk replacements, and the text color never changed.

I'm back on Glas Status Bar Theme now, and still no change... if nothing else, I'll probably do a full wipe before flashing to new CM whenever it comes out.

Guest xkonni
Thanks, when I have time I'll see if there's anything that looks out of place...

Just to make sure, I went back and applied several different themes that all included services.jar & framework-res.apk replacements, and the text color never changed.

I'm back on Glas Status Bar Theme now, and still no change... if nothing else, I'll probably do a full wipe before flashing to new CM whenever it comes out.

what (root) apps did you install? maybe they override something. never heard of this before though.

Edited by xkonni

Guest Formel-LMS

Some modifications on cyanogen ROMs have changed fonts colour.

I didn't support them, too.

Do you have any mods in the cyanogen rom?

Trackball Colour or Trackball wake / Trackball skip?

Guest Julant80
Some modifications on cyanogen ROMs have changed fonts colour.

I didn't support them, too.

Do you have any mods in the cyanogen rom?

Trackball Colour or Trackball wake / Trackball skip?

I avoided the Wake/Skip mod but I have tried out notifications... I didn't have any problems with TrackballColorNotifications from LilHermit, but the issue may have come from the Notify mod from metalhead.

I didn't notice any changes after I pushed the mod, but it may have taken effect after I had to reboot several days later.

As you said, you don't support these mods, but I'm going to do some testing when I get home tonight and see if I can recreate the scenario just to settle this.

Thx for the help xkonni & Formel, I'll let you know how it goes!

Guest Formel-LMS

Yes, some modifications have their own services.jar and/or framework.res.

Thats why "my" themes are overwritten with it.

If you want to have a glas statusbar for your ROM with your changes, I must have your framwork-res.apk and your services.jar.

But I think that there are at least 4 or 5 different services//framework for cm5....

Sorry... Go to MCR ROM, than you have no problems. Its faster and more stable. <_<

Guest Julant80
Sorry... Go to MCR ROM, than you have no problems. Its faster and more stable. :mellow:

<_<

Yeah, I've skipped back and forth between MCR & CM many times in the past two months (hard to believe the N1 has only been out that long...), and I was trying to go longer than a week without completely starting over. Now that I'm at a point where a refresh would fix a few things, it sounds like as good a time as any to give MCR another go. :(

Guest CreativeBR

Formel-LMS, can i use this 1.9 theme with the new 2.0 MCR ?

Is it compatible with the new custom upload from the MCR Kitchen?

{}s and thanks for this nice status bar...

CreativeBR

Guest fabiocampos
Formel-LMS, can i use this 1.9 theme with the new 2.0 MCR ?

Is it compatible with the new custom upload from the MCR Kitchen?

{}s and thanks for this nice status bar...

CreativeBR

I would like know this too ;) I´m using Modaco 2.0 :)

Great work @ Formel-LMS.

Cheers.

Guest CreativeBR
Hey guys, sure I make an update! :)

Check the first Post for the new update Link!

Cheers!

Thanks a lot man... I will try it right now.

Just to other newbas in Android like me this theme is not a ZIP update that can be cooked in the custom option from the MCR kitchen.

It's a morph theme that have to be installed using the metamorph apk from the market.

8))

Guest CreativeBR

Hi,

I forgot that i was using Home++ so i got a Force Close during the theme install (in the laucher.apk theme apply).

Is there a way to uninstall the theme or do i have to nand restore?

Thanks for the help....

Guest Formel-LMS

You should roll over your ROM File.

But:

What FC do you have while installing?

Is it Market (...vending...)?

Thats normal on updating process. You should click OK, then it's fine.