Storm ROMS [CF03] - TouchFlo Detach - 12MB Pagepool

Guest Rob Storm

Guest TheEndGame7
I'm not getting rid of my i910 anytime soon. I did upgrade my other Omnia to a Omnia II though. Should be here in a day or two. I'll be cooking for that as well.

Awww man!!! :( <_< Can't wait till you start cooking up some Omnia 2 ROM's Hopefully your first one will run off the HTC HD2 interface... :mellow:

Guest thedeathofme

@ Rob

Anything different in that second build besides weather editor? I already got that to run with the help of the link posted. Will that new build get rid of the sleep of death thing? That's my ONLY issue so far, and that's not a huge deal anyway. I don't wanna reflash if I don't have a real need for it. Thanks

Guest LordSith
@ Rob

Anything different in that second build besides weather editor? I already got that to run with the help of the link posted. Will that new build get rid of the sleep of death thing? That's my ONLY issue so far, and that's not a huge deal anyway. I don't wanna reflash if I don't have a real need for it. Thanks

Well, Rob said:

1st Post updated with new build, 23544. Also included the Manila2D Weather Cities Editor. Credit goes to Cyberde for the software! Works great.

Happy Flashing!

23544 M2D Detach

So, reading that, I'm led to believe there is something else in the new build. He says ALSO included. Hmmmmmmm. Not sure if I want to reflash again, but will take a look at it. Just downloaded the new build.

Guest thedeathofme
Well, Rob said:

So, reading that, I'm led to believe there is something else in the new build. He says ALSO included. Hmmmmmmm. Not sure if I want to reflash again, but will take a look at it. Just downloaded the new build.

The "ALSO" is what lead me to ask. Keep me posted!

Guest LordSith
The "ALSO" is what lead me to ask. Keep me posted!

Well, just looking at the Bin files has me wondering now.

Build 23542 is 84.8 MB

Build 23544 is 84.1 MB

So the newer one is smaller. Maybe somethings removed? 23542 is working great for me (no sleep of death, no freezing, nothing) so don't really want to flash again just yet. Hopefully Rob will come on for a few seconds to let us know what the changes are.

Guest irishlaxer
Ditto

but i can deal

this ROM is the best yet and Ive tried them all at least twice

100% flashaholic LOL

Sleep of death, never had this issue before first time hearing of it. It's very annoying. Anyone know the cause of this? I love this ROM but may need to switch back because this is happening a lot to me (about 5-6 times a day).

Any work around for this known??

Guest Rob Storm
Well, just looking at the Bin files has me wondering now.

Build 23542 is 84.8 MB

Build 23544 is 84.1 MB

So the newer one is smaller. Maybe somethings removed? 23542 is working great for me (no sleep of death, no freezing, nothing) so don't really want to flash again just yet. Hopefully Rob will come on for a few seconds to let us know what the changes are.

The difference in rom sizes was just housecleaning of unneeded files and such. The sleep of death issue usually comes from the base rollup us chefs get our hands on. There can be errors in the modules. For build 23544, I made a point to dump my own XIP from Flash.DIO. So there should be no sleep of death issues with 23544.

If 23542 is running well for you, no real need to upgrade yet. Unless you are just a flashaholic like me. <_<

Guest mikmo
Sleep of death, never had this issue before first time hearing of it. It's very annoying. Anyone know the cause of this? I love this ROM but may need to switch back because this is happening a lot to me (about 5-6 times a day).

Any work around for this known??

I am having the same issues. Sleep of death 3 times yesterday. Only way to turn back on is to take the battery out. Any thoughts on this yet????

Guest Chimp
The difference in rom sizes was just housecleaning of unneeded files and such. The sleep of death issue usually comes from the base rollup us chefs get our hands on. There can be errors in the modules. For build 23544, I made a point to dump my own XIP from Flash.DIO. So there should be no sleep of death issues with 23544.

If 23542 is running well for you, no real need to upgrade yet. Unless you are just a flashaholic like me. <_<

Rob, out of curiosity, this is the second time I have heard of a .DIO file... Where do you get this Flash.DIO? I'm kinda a 'junior' chef :mellow:

/Chimp

P.S. No sleep of death for me yet in 23544, seems to work fine.

Guest rfrogman
This works perfect for adding cities. If in the US search for the city like this: Atlanta, US as oppsed to Atlanta, GA.

The program has instructions within.

Credits and appreciation to the author.

Thank you! this cab worked perfect. I did receive an error that the files was read only after I set my local weather city. It did allowed me to overwrite it, but I wonder is permission is the original issue with the weather tab.

Guest arirang
1. Photo tab works (See attached)

2. Showcase is installed

3. Didn't check on memory, but I've installed all my apps (Which I used to have to split cause there wasn't enough room) and I still have plenty free (see attached)

4. Not sure about the sleep of death, as I've yet to come across it in this build.

Shot14.JPGShot15.JPG

thanks for snapshots, 34MB Free Program ['RAM'] seems on par for running touchflo. mine hovers ~45MB Free, but i only use Home screen Today OEM and 3rd-party plugins [ie--messaging, google search app, etc].

Guest LordSith

I have become a "flash-a-holic" LOL

But I usually run a ROM for about 2 weeks to really get a feel for it before flashing a new one. And truthfully, I really like your ROM's Rob, so until you release a completely new build, then I'll stick with what I have.

I've tried a few different ROM's from other cooks, but yours are by far the best yet. Keep up the excellent work, Rob. My hat's off to you.

PS: I've downloaded some kitchen tools and am tinkering around. Is there any way to say open 1 of your bin files and see what's what? I would like to see what a working 1 looks like inside. Learning as I go with the kitchen. Thanks.

Guest doubleroll
Sorry that I haven't been very active lately, personal life has been crazy.

Here is my newest creation which moving forward I will pretty much be sticking to as it has the best of both worlds, Titanium & TouchFlo.

I really don't have much time to upload photos today but I will this weekend. Just to let you know there is over 120MB Free and has all the goodies that you are used to seeing from me.

Storm Rom v1.25 - TouchFlo Detach 23544

Storm Rom v1.2 - TouchFlo Detach 23542

Happy Flashing!!!

Had texting issues with 23544. Flashed back to 23542 all ok.

Guest gojuman
Had texting issues with 23544. Flashed back to 23542 all ok.

I am having text just sit in outbox too, I get them fine just cant send???????? Love it otherwise! I will go to 23343

Guest Chimp
I am having text just sit in outbox too, I get them fine just cant send???????? Love it otherwise! I will go to 23343

Yep got the same problem.... Plus when I go to messaging I don't see any of my messages; yet in TouchFlo it shows them! Crap, gotta go back to another build. Otherwise it worked fine, Storm!

Update: Loaded 23542 and messaging works fine now. Hopefully Mr. Storm can come up with a fix for 23544!

Update 2: Crap, just had the 'sleep of death' on 23542.

/Chimp

Edited by Chimp

Guest LordSith
Yep got the same problem.... Plus when I go to messaging I don't see any of my messages; yet in TouchFlo it shows them! Crap, gotta go back to another build. Otherwise it worked fine, Storm!

Update: Loaded 23542 and messaging works fine now. Hopefully Mr. Storm can come up with a fix for 23544!

/Chimp

I'm still running 23542, and no problems what so ever. Only had 1 message fail to send, and that was because just as I hit send, I was getting a picture message. LOL

Been running over a day now, no "sleep of death" :-)

Guest doubleroll
I'm still running 23542, and no problems what so ever. Only had 1 message fail to send, and that was because just as I hit send, I was getting a picture message. LOL

Been running over a day now, no "sleep of death" :-)

So far got the sleep of death twice with 23542.

Guest djpeterdj

Nice Job. How do you get your programs in to the launcher. when I click the + sign, I only see the apps that were cooked in.

NEVERMIND, didn't see the tiny scroll bar, to allow me to see the other programs.......

Edited by djpeterdj

Guest sbpetro

I've been running 23544 since the day it came out with no issues. Text are working just fine for me and no sleep of death. Great ROM so far!

Guest irishlaxer
I've been running 23544 since the day it came out with no issues. Text are working just fine for me and no sleep of death. Great ROM so far!

Same here for me, have not had issues so far last night. Will test out today and see how it goes.

Guest arirang
Just had a 23542 'sleep of death' <_<

a few months [and ROMs back], i was able to reproduce by 'dropping' the phone [ie-1/4 inch] like you would with keys, change, etc. when emptying your pockets unto a table. initially, i thought the HW was failing and as luck would have it, a new build was released and i flashed to it and issue has not re-appeared since.

your mileage may vary, but i suspect either a software i installed or the rom itself corrupted the accelerometer drivers, and the sudden g-force would shut it down.

Guest LordSith
Just had a 23542 'sleep of death' <_<

You guys jinxed me. Just had my first sleep of death. It wasn't dropped or anything, I was using it, set it down on my bed, and about 30 minutes later picked it up and it wouldn't wake up. :-(

Guest bluematrix64

I've had a couple mortscript and showcase errors pop up on start up... Notice on the sleep of death, when it regains composure, it has one of those errors on the screen... Usually after re-start

Guest peperonikiller

I noticed even in my own roms of 2354X that I would get the SOD a lot. Might just be either a branch issue or something duking it out with an Omnia driver. Tis why ive been cookin with the 2310X builds, the only downside to that branch is the Camera font but thats just an appearance issue