My Storage was Gone! And I Got it Back!!!

Guest daskalos

I own a B7610, and it has a internal 2gb (My Storage). I was curiously browsing the \Windows, and I accidentally tap a file (Don't remember what it is) and suddenly....

My Storage is gone!!!.... Nothing in the file explorer.... :mellow:

Checked memory settings and it just indicated that My Storage is 0.Mb and can't be reset/format...

Tried hard reset, flashed the phone, crossed my fingers etc. but all failed, My Storage was gone...

So I took a deep breath and refreshed my mind on all things WinMo, got some ideas and tried it,

And it worked!

So I'm sharing this with i8000 users for I read some were having problems with i8000 disappearing "My Storage"...hoping my method will work for them too...

So here it goes, but with this method, you will not able to retrieve the files in My Storage, 'cause it will be formatted....

1. Check if Samsung Settings Still recognize My Storage even if it tells 0mb and cannot be formatted.

2. Download NueStorage Storage Manager 1.1 http://www.samsung-omnia.org/third-party-s...tach;attach=794

3. Install to your device. You will find it inside Windows default Settings. Run NueStorage.

4. In the drop down option, find your "missing" My Storage (look for the size either 2gb for B7610, 8-16gb for i8000) usually it is named DSK3:MMC Card. If you found your "My Storage" in the list, the problem is not hardware related. Choose it.

5. Now under Partitions, tap Properties

6. Partition Properties will open. Try to choose "Mount". If it is successful, soft reset and check if you got your My Storage back. If not, continue reading...

7. Close Partition Properties. Then under Filesystem, choose DSK3:MMC Card( or whatever name your 8gb-16gb gives) and tap Format.

8. It must successfully format the storage. If not, try again.

9. Do a hard reset or Flash a ROM....

10. Turn on device,finish device Set up and don't skip anything. Wait for a pop message telling if you want to format your storage card (which is actually My Storage) to make it usable or something like that. Click yes and wait for format to finish.

(If you waited long enough and there is no such message, continue with the guide)

11. Go to USB connection and set connection to Mass Storage, choosing My Storage as the mass storage device. Click ok.

12. Connect your device to your PC (via usb). If all goes well, the PC will recognize My Storage (as mass storage), but it will ask you to format it, Click Yes and Format.

13. After successfully formatting My storage via PC, safely disconnect it from the computer. Check your device if My Storage is back....and celebrate <_<

As far as I can remember, these are the steps I have done to get back "My Storage"... Hope that the above will work on those who have the problem too..

Fell free to ask questions or comments upon my guide... GOODLUCK :(

IMPORTANT NOTE

If nue storage doesn't show your missing "my storage", then there is a high possibility that the problem is hardware related. If that's the case the only solution is bring the phone to a service center for repairs.

Edited by daskalos

Guest navin-shetty

Wow that was a cool trick, btw thanks for sharing it tooo.... I might help myself soon as am too curious about the files inside \Windows and Registries.. <_<

Edited by navin-shetty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest rvnteck

Unfortunately my DSK3:MMC Card did not show up at the drop down menu of NueStorage, so I guess mine is hardware related issue but my missing My Storage issue started after doing the modification of the boot up screen that require to install a certain cab file also

I own a B7610, and it has a internal 2gb (My Storage). I was curiously browsing the \Windows, and I accidentally tap a file (Don't remember what it is) and suddenly....

My Storage is gone!!!.... Nothing in the file explorer.... :(

Checked memory settings and it just indicated that My Storage is 0.Mb and can't be reset/format...

Tried hard reset, flashed the phone, crossed my fingers etc. but all failed, My Storage was gone...

So I took a deep breath and refreshed my mind on all things WinMo, got some ideas and tried it,

And it worked!

So I'm sharing this with i8000 users for I read some were having problems with i8000 disappearing "My Storage"...hoping my method will work for them too...

So here it goes, but with this method, you will not able to retrieve the files in My Storage, 'cause it will be formatted....

1. Check if Samsung Settings Still recognize My Storage even if it tells 0mb and cannot be formatted.

2. Download NueStorage Storage Manager 1.1 http://www.samsung-omnia.org/third-party-s...tach;attach=794

3. Install to your device. You will find it inside Windows default Settings. Run NueStorage.

4. In the drop down option, find your "missing" My Storage (look for the size either 2gb for B7610, 8-16gb for i8000) usually it is named DSK3:MMC Card. If you found your "My Storage" in the list, the problem is not hardware related. Choose it.

6. Partition Properties will open. Try to choose "Mount". If it is successful, soft reset and check if you got your My Storage back. If not, continue reading...

7. Close Partition Properties. Then under Filesystem, choose DSK3:MMC Card( or whatever name your 8gb-16gb gives) and tap Format.

10. Turn on device,finish device Set up and don't skip anything. Wait for a pop message telling if you want to format your storage card (which is actually My Storage) to make it usable or something like that. Click yes and wait for format to finish.

(If you waited long enough and there is no such message, continue with the guide)

11. Go to USB connection and set connection to Mass Storage, choosing My Storage as the mass storage device. Click ok.

12. Connect your device to your PC (via usb). If all goes well, the PC will recognize My Storage (as mass storage), but it will ask you to format it, Click Yes and Format.

13. After successfully formatting My storage via PC, safely disconnect it from the computer. Check your device if My Storage is back....and celebrate :P

As far as I can remember, these are the steps I have done to get back "My Storage"... Hope that the above will work on those who have the problem too..

Fell free to ask questions or comments upon my guide... GOODLUCK :(

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately my DSK3:MMC Card did not show up at the drop down menu of NueStorage, so I guess mine is hardware related issue but my missing My Storage issue started after doing the modification of the boot up screen that require to install a certain cab file also

How did u then get bck your "my storage" because im also facing the same problem?

Guest Lokonopa

Thank you, daskalos! A few weeks ago my friend had this happen with her Omnia II shortly after purchasing it. Verizon replaced her Omnia II with another. I'm upgrading to Omnia II this month as well. This is very good to know if this happens again.

Edited by Lokonopa

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GunnarKarlsson

Great tip, but it did not work for me, I did not see the lost My storage partition.

Now the phone is in service for the third time because of this error.

They fix it by changing hardware chip with memory on it but after a month the partition is lost again.

My advice is to backup often, and to use the storage card to store pictures taken with the camera.

//Gunnar

Guest Rapid81

I faced this problem too, but I managed to solve it in a different and easier way. ;) I flashed a full MST and the My Storage came back. The My Storage was gone because a cooked ROM. My friend was faced with the same problem and this solution (the reflashing) was worked for him too.

Guest Chivas610
I faced this problem too, but I managed to solve it in a different and easier way. ;) I flashed a full MST and the My Storage came back. The My Storage was gone because a cooked ROM. My friend was faced with the same problem and this solution (the reflashing) was worked for him too.

Eeeh...how can you flash .mst without 'my storage'?

I lost mine couple of months ago, but just bought an sd card instead, only drawback is I need to flash .nb0 as .mst don't work without 'my storage'.

...also, I lost 'my storage' before I start to flash custom rom's ;)

Guest Rapid81
Eeeh...how can you flash .mst without 'my storage'?

I lost mine couple of months ago, but just bought an sd card instead, only drawback is I need to flash .nb0 as .mst don't work without 'my storage'.

...also, I lost 'my storage' before I start to flash custom rom's ;)

I browsed it to Octans and started the flashing without any problem. I don't understand your problem. ;)

Guest Chivas610

No other problem than 'my storage' is required to flash .mst files. That's why ppl in my situation need to convert .mst to .nb0, in order to flash. Maybe your storage wasn't "too" gone ;)

Guest Rapid81
No other problem than 'my storage' is required to flash .mst files. That's why ppl in my situation need to convert .mst to .nb0, in order to flash. Maybe your storage wasn't "too" gone ;)

I still not understands you. Did you tried to flash MST and the Octans says "You don't have My Storage and I don't want to flash without it!" or just saying, because you think this is the way?

I said me and my friend (nOObody) are faced with this exact problem. And after we're flashed a full MST, the My Storage came back. The Octans works like at any other flashing procedure, no errors, no nothing. And after the flashing finished, the My Storage was usable. No magic.

BTW, the nb0 are going to the "secret" partition on My Storage too. What do you think, why the Octans says "Uploading PDA image to ROM" twice? And when you do a hard reset, what do you think the original state of the ROM came from? It's copied from the internal storage.

Or do you use Octans Mini? Maybe that's why the My Storage was gone. ;) That's not a good program anymore. Use Octans 2.14!

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Chivas610
I still not understands you. Did you tried to flash MST and the Octans says "You don't have My Storage and I don't want to flash without it!" or just saying, because you think this is the way?

It stops in the process, with no message. It stops because it can't write to the right partition (my storage)

I said me and my friend (nOObody) are faced with this exact problem. And after we're flashed a full MST, the My Storage came back. The Octans works like at any other flashing procedure, no errors, no nothing. And after the flashing finished, the My Storage was usable. No magic.

BTW, the nb0 are going to the "secret" partition on My Storage too. What do you think, why the Octans says "Uploading PDA image to ROM" twice? And when you do a hard reset, what do you think the original state of the ROM came from? It's copied from the internal storage.

Yes, it is copied to the internal storage, but to another partition than 'my storage'

Or do you use Octans Mini? Maybe that's why the My Storage was gone. ;) That's not a good program anymore. Use Octans 2.14!

I use Octans 2.14.

This issue has been addressed many times before, and the answer is always the same: .mst needs 'my storage', whilst .nb0 don't...

Guest Rapid81
It stops in the process, with no message. It stops because it can't write to the right partition (my storage)

Yes, it is copied to the internal storage, but to another partition than 'my storage'

I use Octans 2.14.

This issue has been addressed many times before, and the answer is always the same: .mst needs 'my storage', whilst .nb0 don't...

Then I don't understand how we did it. Or how you can't.

Guest Chivas610
Then I don't understand how we did it. Or how you can't.

Did you flash eboot as well? I heard of ppl getting their storage back after flashing eboot...

Guest Rapid81
Did you flash eboot as well? I heard of ppl getting their storage back after flashing eboot...

I never flashed eboot. I don't want to brick my phone. I just flashed Full JC1 (CSC, MoviNAND and JB2 Phone).

Guest mozzanova

Please help.

My storage disappeared too. That was after I tried to flash JD1 cooked rom.

Then now I tried to flash everything (CSC, eboot, PDA and Phone) using JD1 full rom but it hang. The screen says "Writing Phone Image to Flash 100%" while the phone tells me not to turn off the phone and it takes about 10 minutes.

It's now almost an hour. Please help

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rainoxli

My Storage is gone!!!.... Nothing in the file explorer.... :P

And it worked!

13. After successfully formatting My storage via PC, safely disconnect it from the computer. Check your device if My Storage is back....and celebrate :P

Fell free to ask questions or comments upon my guide... GOODLUCK :P

IMPORTANT NOTE

If nue storage doesn't show your missing "my storage", then there is a high possibility that the problem is hardware related. If that's the case the only solution is bring the phone to a service center for repairs.

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Elyad
Please help.

Then now I tried to flash everything (CSC, eboot, PDA and Phone) using JD1 full rom but it hang. The screen says "Writing Phone Image to Flash 100%" while the phone tells me not to turn off the phone and it takes about 10 minutes.

Mine is exactley like that!! BEcause .mst format need my storage! :) Any suggestion!

Guest Liroy76

My Storage is gone!!!.... Nothing in the file explorer.... ;)

And it worked!

13. After successfully formatting My storage via PC, safely disconnect it from the computer. Check your device if My Storage is back....and celebrate :)

Fell free to ask questions or comments upon my guide... GOODLUCK :D

IMPORTANT NOTE

nice try but, didn't work for me :( . my storage is gone ... for the second time. does anybody know, if there is some special reason for that?

Guest GunnarKarlsson
nice try but, didn't work for me :) . my storage is gone ... for the second time. does anybody know, if there is some special reason for that?

I have lost my storage three times, the service engineers just changed the "sub-pda" with the memory card on it.

"sub-pda" is their words, not mine.

But the error came back three times and now I will hopefully get a new phone. I have been waiting for 5 weeks for it so, well, I really want it back.

What really annoys me is that the phone have been at the service center for more than 10 weeks now if you take the previous services into account.

I have not been able to discern any special things I have done when the error occurred.

The first two times I thought it could have something to do with very low disk space on the device memory but the last time I know I had quite allot of space left.

Anybody else have any idea, or is it just a case of bad hardware?

//Gunnar

Guest arthurjohngeronimo
Please help.

im having the same problem.. :-( flashing right now but hangs at "Writing Phone Image to Flash 100%".. anyone knows any way aside from taking the phone to samsung, mine is still under warranty though, 3 weeks of use.. but the problem is i bought my O2 in the philippines, im in UAE now,samsung doesnt have worldwide warranty.. :rolleyes: