My Storage was Gone! And I Got it Back!!!

Guest eric2k

How are you guys able to flash a full .MST via OCTANS v2.14 it will not let me now after mystorage goes missing.

This error/issue Fn sucks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hsuchitmp
here.. read this link, itll guide you how to flash without my storage

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...lity-for-i8000/

thanks man! i've flashed my o2 with htc sense and its still inside my warranty. so im extracting nb0 files from a mts "orig" 6.5 rom so i can flash it back to factory default. so my warranty wont be void.

my storage is gone also for the second time. factory defect i guess. the first time i lost my storage they replaced it with a brand new phone. now i lost again my storage. so before sending it back to samsung im flashing it back to 6.5 so my warranty wont be void. extracting nb0 file from an mst file coz i cant flash a full mst because my storage is gone.

hope this works.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Leeds

[EDIT] Thanks very much, it is working now!

I tryied all your steps and

Using NueStorage Storage Manager

"Partitions > Properties > Mount" but I got an error message:

"A device attached to the system is not functioning."

Fail

Chose "DSK3:MMC Card" under Filesystem and select "Format" I also got error:

"The device is in use by an active process and cannot be disconnected."

Fail

Using Windows Settings

"Settings > General Settings > USB Connection" and set connection to "Mass Storage"

Connected the phone to PC using USB cable and it asked me to format

After finishing and safely remove I gone check and My Storage appeared :)

Success

Thank you

Edited by Leeds

• 2 weeks later...
Guest momyc

After 8 months using my I8000 , I got last week same problem: "My storage" is gone.

I wasn't doing nothing special when it happened , just it freezes and after reset all I got error from the programs installed on My Storage , because the start-up shortcut didn't find the application.

I tried Nue Tool and it doesn't see DSK3 at all.

I went to my Bell rep and they sent it back to Samsung to be fixed.

I have to wait between 2 to 4 weeks and I'm stuck with Motorola Razor.

I hope after they fix it , it wouldn't happen again.

Guest marvmcsbest
[EDIT] Thanks very much, it is working now!

I tryied all your steps and

"Partitions > Properties > Mount" but I got an error message:

"A device attached to the system is not functioning."

Fail

Chose "DSK3:MMC Card" under Filesystem and select "Format" I also got error:

"The device is in use by an active process and cannot be disconnected."

Fail

Using Windows Settings

"Settings > General Settings > USB Connection" and set connection to "Mass Storage"

Connected the phone to PC using USB cable and it asked me to format

After finishing and safely remove I gone check and My Storage appeared :(

Success

Thank you

good for you,mine has totally no luck,I just flashed it back to official rom here in our country and tomorrow I'll bring to samsung service center for warranty...

Guest momyc
my storage is gone too, nothing was posted hier dont work for me, how much costed reparation in samsung sevice?

i must go too

Mine is still under first year waranty . Nothing to pay...

• 5 months later...
Guest bobhero

I tried all methods in this thread and all have failed in my case. It was working one minute and then when I checked a few minutes later it was gone.

The only thing that I was doing that was out of the ordinary was that I was making large transfers (3gb, maybe 1000 files) from the drive using USB mass storage, and I was tethering via USB at the same time. At one point the phone was accidentally disconnected without safely removing first. When I reconnected it to the PC, My storage was there, and I did a scandisk and no issue was found.

I then kept using the drive for another 1-2 hours and I connected/disconnected the usb several times also (always safely remove), and yet my store was still lost.

This issue seems to be very common. I wonder if Samsung has fixed the issue in newer manufactured phones. My phone was made in late 2009 (check under battery, should be a date there on the sticker like this YY.MM).

Guest milad ahmadi
I tried all methods in this thread and all have failed in my case. It was working one minute and then when I checked a few minutes later it was gone.

The only thing that I was doing that was out of the ordinary was that I was making large transfers (3gb, maybe 1000 files) from the drive using USB mass storage, and I was tethering via USB at the same time. At one point the phone was accidentally disconnected without safely removing first. When I reconnected it to the PC, My storage was there, and I did a scandisk and no issue was found.

I then kept using the drive for another 1-2 hours and I connected/disconnected the usb several times also (always safely remove), and yet my store was still lost.

This issue seems to be very common. I wonder if Samsung has fixed the issue in newer manufactured phones. My phone was made in late 2009 (check under battery, should be a date there on the sticker like this YY.MM).

hi

it's solved few month ago see this post :

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/298414/...tory/page/100/#

that cab can fix it...

Guest bobhero
hi

it's solved few month ago see this post :

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/298414/...tory/page/100/#

that cab can fix it...

wow, it works! I didn't even need to format after running cab, my PC recognized it and all my files are there!!

are you the creator of this? how did you figure out the problem? and how I can I prevent in the future?

I googled and the earliest record I cna find of this cab file is from here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...f%26prmd%3Divns

Anyways Thank you very much :D

Edited by bobhero

Guest latinoguy

Woooooooooooow thank you whoever is the creator of this cab I send my omnia to the samsung center and they told me that there where no fix for it, thank you if you send me your pay pal account i invite you a beer.

Guest bobhero

I have a new problem. So after I installed the cab and soft-reset, now I can see my storage, but when I connect it to 2 different PCs I cannot format it, either with quick format or slow. Also i cannot copy any files to the drive, but I can read them. I ran scan disk, fast, and also slow method, and both find no problem...

EDIT:

I found more instructions here:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1510432

1 - MoviPatch_Eng_100416.cab install to phone.

2 - Next: Temp \ MoviPatch:run NormalPatchUpdate.exe

3 - format my storage

4 - The problem was solved

So after I ran the NormalPatchupdate, now my PC allows me to format the drive, but the partitions have been deleted, and there is only a single parition on the 16gb. Do I need to recreate the hidden 512mb partition that was there before?

Edited by bobhero

Guest bobhero
Woooooooooooow thank you whoever is the creator of this cab I send my omnia to the samsung center and they told me that there where no fix for it, thank you if you send me your pay pal account i invite you a beer.

I think ranjbar2009 may be the author but I don't speak persian and translator sucks:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/tra...mqw#post1625117

Edited by bobhero

Guest milad ahmadi

i dont create that and ranjbar2009 found this file in his phone (16GB gone and he send it to service center but seem that in service center forget to delete that file after repair!) this is a almost good translate for a best method :

1 - setup that file (MoviPatch_Eng_100416)

2 - goto Temp\MoviPatch path and run NormalPatchUpdate.exe

3 - select Yes and restart phone

4 - then ask you to erase memory you must select Yes

5 - seems Memory still invisible! dont worry goto SETTING > USB Connection > mass storage >my storage and connect phone via USB to PC and format Memory (dont quick format do it full!)

6 - Memory is back!

good luck

Guest latinoguy

I did the process above and still no memory acces, not even my sd card, so I installed a original rom in a mst format with octans and it installe completly, wich is a good sign, due too, this mst files need the my storage to install, now my omnia is setting up the lenguage, but I belive this is the good solution, INSTALL A ROM IN MST FORMAT WITH. Here are the link where I got the mst rom .

http://jojojo.taringa.net/posts/celulares/...2-GT-I8000.html

• 2 weeks later...
Now my omnia 2 is working like a charm with the 16gb memory back and good pc conection, thanks for the help and I hope that this helps others.

Thank to the creator of the cab. Got all my storage back.

Guest marvmcsbest
When i try to run NormalPatchUpdate it says "NO RUNTIME SAFE MODE TERMINATE APP.

WHAT CAN I DONE THNKS

were the same,that message appear also when I run Normal Patch Update...Hope somebody can help us please...