Photo

My Storage was Gone! And I Got it Back!!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

rainoxli

rainoxli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia2

I own a B7610, and it has a internal 2gb (My Storage). I was curiously browsing the \Windows, and I accidentally tap a file (Don't remember what it is) and suddenly....

My Storage is gone!!!.... Nothing in the file explorer.... :P

Checked memory settings and it just indicated that My Storage is 0.Mb and can't be reset/format...

Tried hard reset, flashed the phone, crossed my fingers etc. but all failed, My Storage was gone...

So I took a deep breath and refreshed my mind on all things WinMo, got some ideas and tried it,

And it worked!

So I'm sharing this with i8000 users for I read some were having problems with i8000 disappearing "My Storage"...hoping my method will work for them too...

So here it goes, but with this method, you will not able to retrieve the files in My Storage, 'cause it will be formatted....

1. Check if Samsung Settings Still recognize My Storage even if it tells 0mb and cannot be formatted.
2. Download NueStorage Storage Manager 1.1 http://www.samsung-o...tach;attach=794
3. Install to your device. You will find it inside Windows default Settings. Run NueStorage.
4. In the drop down option, find your "missing" My Storage (look for the size either 2gb for B7610, 8-16gb for i8000) usually it is named DSK3:MMC Card. If you found your "My Storage" in the list, the problem is not hardware related. Choose it.
5. Now under Partitions, tap Properties
6. Partition Properties will open. Try to choose "Mount". If it is successful, soft reset and check if you got your My Storage back. If not, continue reading...
7. Close Partition Properties. Then under Filesystem, choose DSK3:MMC Card( or whatever name your 8gb-16gb gives) and tap Format.
8. It must successfully format the storage. If not, try again.
9. Do a hard reset or Flash a ROM....
10. Turn on device,finish device Set up and don't skip anything. Wait for a pop message telling if you want to format your storage card (which is actually My Storage) to make it usable or something like that. Click yes and wait for format to finish.

(If you waited long enough and there is no such message, continue with the guide)

11. Go to USB connection and set connection to Mass Storage, choosing My Storage as the mass storage device. Click ok.
12. Connect your device to your PC (via usb). If all goes well, the PC will recognize My Storage (as mass storage), but it will ask you to format it, Click Yes and Format.

13. After successfully formatting My storage via PC, safely disconnect it from the computer. Check your device if My Storage is back....and celebrate :P

As far as I can remember, these are the steps I have done to get back "My Storage"... Hope that the above will work on those who have the problem too..

Fell free to ask questions or comments upon my guide... GOODLUCK :P

IMPORTANT NOTE

If nue storage doesn't show your missing "my storage", then there is a high possibility that the problem is hardware related. If that's the case the only solution is bring the phone to a service center for repairs.

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Elyad

Elyad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I8000 Omnia II

Please help.

My storage disappeared too. That was after I tried to flash JD1 cooked rom.

Then now I tried to flash everything (CSC, eboot, PDA and Phone) using JD1 full rom but it hang. The screen says "Writing Phone Image to Flash 100%" while the phone tells me not to turn off the phone and it takes about 10 minutes.

It's now almost an hour. Please help

Mine is exactley like that!! BEcause .mst format need my storage! :) Any suggestion!

Liroy76

Liroy76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA II - I8000 16GB

I own a B7610, and it has a internal 2gb (My Storage). I was curiously browsing the \Windows, and I accidentally tap a file (Don't remember what it is) and suddenly....

My Storage is gone!!!.... Nothing in the file explorer.... ;)

Checked memory settings and it just indicated that My Storage is 0.Mb and can't be reset/format...

Tried hard reset, flashed the phone, crossed my fingers etc. but all failed, My Storage was gone...

So I took a deep breath and refreshed my mind on all things WinMo, got some ideas and tried it,

And it worked!

So I'm sharing this with i8000 users for I read some were having problems with i8000 disappearing "My Storage"...hoping my method will work for them too...

So here it goes, but with this method, you will not able to retrieve the files in My Storage, 'cause it will be formatted....

1. Check if Samsung Settings Still recognize My Storage even if it tells 0mb and cannot be formatted.
2. Download NueStorage Storage Manager 1.1 http://www.samsung-o...tach;attach=794
3. Install to your device. You will find it inside Windows default Settings. Run NueStorage.
4. In the drop down option, find your "missing" My Storage (look for the size either 2gb for B7610, 8-16gb for i8000) usually it is named DSK3:MMC Card. If you found your "My Storage" in the list, the problem is not hardware related. Choose it.
5. Now under Partitions, tap Properties
6. Partition Properties will open. Try to choose "Mount". If it is successful, soft reset and check if you got your My Storage back. If not, continue reading...
7. Close Partition Properties. Then under Filesystem, choose DSK3:MMC Card( or whatever name your 8gb-16gb gives) and tap Format.
8. It must successfully format the storage. If not, try again.
9. Do a hard reset or Flash a ROM....
10. Turn on device,finish device Set up and don't skip anything. Wait for a pop message telling if you want to format your storage card (which is actually My Storage) to make it usable or something like that. Click yes and wait for format to finish.

(If you waited long enough and there is no such message, continue with the guide)

11. Go to USB connection and set connection to Mass Storage, choosing My Storage as the mass storage device. Click ok.
12. Connect your device to your PC (via usb). If all goes well, the PC will recognize My Storage (as mass storage), but it will ask you to format it, Click Yes and Format.

13. After successfully formatting My storage via PC, safely disconnect it from the computer. Check your device if My Storage is back....and celebrate :)

As far as I can remember, these are the steps I have done to get back "My Storage"... Hope that the above will work on those who have the problem too..

Fell free to ask questions or comments upon my guide... GOODLUCK :D

IMPORTANT NOTE

If nue storage doesn't show your missing "my storage", then there is a high possibility that the problem is hardware related. If that's the case the only solution is bring the phone to a service center for repairs.

nice try but, didn't work for me :( . my storage is gone ... for the second time. does anybody know, if there is some special reason for that?

GunnarKarlsson

GunnarKarlsson

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Devices:omnia II

nice try but, didn't work for me :) . my storage is gone ... for the second time. does anybody know, if there is some special reason for that?

I have lost my storage three times, the service engineers just changed the "sub-pda" with the memory card on it.
"sub-pda" is their words, not mine.
But the error came back three times and now I will hopefully get a new phone. I have been waiting for 5 weeks for it so, well, I really want it back.
What really annoys me is that the phone have been at the service center for more than 10 weeks now if you take the previous services into account.
I have not been able to discern any special things I have done when the error occurred.
The first two times I thought it could have something to do with very low disk space on the device memory but the last time I know I had quite allot of space left.

Anybody else have any idea, or is it just a case of bad hardware?

//Gunnar

Author of AccDPad, simulates the DPad on Samsung WM devices using the accelerometer.
Author of gkFMRadio, simple fm radio that integrates into S2U2.

arthurjohngeronimo

arthurjohngeronimo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:SAMSUNG OMNIA 2

Please help.

My storage disappeared too. That was after I tried to flash JD1 cooked rom.

Then now I tried to flash everything (CSC, eboot, PDA and Phone) using JD1 full rom but it hang. The screen says "Writing Phone Image to Flash 100%" while the phone tells me not to turn off the phone and it takes about 10 minutes.

It's now almost an hour. Please help

im having the same problem.. :-( flashing right now but hangs at "Writing Phone Image to Flash 100%".. anyone knows any way aside from taking the phone to samsung, mine is still under warranty though, 3 weeks of use.. but the problem is i bought my O2 in the philippines, im in UAE now,samsung doesnt have worldwide warranty.. :rolleyes:

eric2k

eric2k

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II - i8000L
How are you guys able to flash a full .MST via OCTANS v2.14 it will not let me now after mystorage goes missing.

This error/issue Fn sucks.

arthurjohngeronimo

arthurjohngeronimo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
here.. read this link, itll guide you how to flash without my storage

http://www.modaco.co...lity-for-i8000/

Edited by arthurjohngeronimo, 25 May 2010 - 12:44 PM.

arthurjohngeronimo

arthurjohngeronimo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
sorry double post

Edited by arthurjohngeronimo, 25 May 2010 - 12:45 PM.

hsuchitmp

hsuchitmp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Devices:omnia ii gt-i8000 16gb

here.. read this link, itll guide you how to flash without my storage

http://www.modaco.co...lity-for-i8000/

thanks man! i've flashed my o2 with htc sense and its still inside my warranty. so im extracting nb0 files from a mts "orig" 6.5 rom so i can flash it back to factory default. so my warranty wont be void.

my storage is gone also for the second time. factory defect i guess. the first time i lost my storage they replaced it with a brand new phone. now i lost again my storage. so before sending it back to samsung im flashing it back to 6.5 so my warranty wont be void. extracting nb0 file from an mst file coz i cant flash a full mst because my storage is gone.

hope this works.

SRgustavo

SRgustavo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanx thanx thanx , i did what you just said , it worked so badword great, thanks again

Leeds

Leeds

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II     Galaxy S II
[EDIT] Thanks very much, it is working now!

I tryied all your steps and

Using NueStorage Storage Manager
"Partitions > Properties > Mount" but I got an error message:
"A device attached to the system is not functioning."
Fail

Chose "DSK3:MMC Card" under Filesystem and select "Format" I also got error:
"The device is in use by an active process and cannot be disconnected."
Fail

Using Windows Settings
"Settings > General Settings > USB Connection" and set connection to "Mass Storage"
Connected the phone to PC using USB cable and it asked me to format
After finishing and safely remove I gone check and My Storage appeared :)
Success

Thank you

Edited by Leeds, 08 July 2010 - 03:37 PM.

momyc

momyc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II I8000
After 8 months using my I8000 , I got last week same problem: "My storage" is gone.

I wasn't doing nothing special when it happened , just it freezes and after reset all I got error from the programs installed on My Storage , because the start-up shortcut didn't find the application.

I tried Nue Tool and it doesn't see DSK3 at all.
I went to my Bell rep and they sent it back to Samsung to be fixed.
I have to wait between 2 to 4 weeks and I'm stuck with Motorola Razor.

I hope after they fix it , it wouldn't happen again.

omniall

omniall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia II
not working for me and most of my friends

If you want to know who is she ( my avatar or personal image) . see this short sad clip:
http://rapidshare.co..._Aghasoltan.flv

hadi789

hadi789

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

not working for me and most of my friends

me too :P :( :( :P

GALAXY S II

marvmcsbest

marvmcsbest

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

[EDIT] Thanks very much, it is working now!

I tryied all your steps and

"Partitions > Properties > Mount" but I got an error message:
"A device attached to the system is not functioning."
Fail

Chose "DSK3:MMC Card" under Filesystem and select "Format" I also got error:
"The device is in use by an active process and cannot be disconnected."
Fail

Using Windows Settings
"Settings > General Settings > USB Connection" and set connection to "Mass Storage"
Connected the phone to PC using USB cable and it asked me to format
After finishing and safely remove I gone check and My Storage appeared :(
Success

Thank you

good for you,mine has totally no luck,I just flashed it back to official rom here in our country and tomorrow I'll bring to samsung service center for warranty...

maryany

maryany

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
my storage is gone too, nothing was posted hier dont work for me, how much costed reparation in samsung sevice?
i must go too

momyc

momyc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II I8000

my storage is gone too, nothing was posted hier dont work for me, how much costed reparation in samsung sevice?
i must go too

Mine is still under first year waranty . Nothing to pay...

bobhero

bobhero

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Devices:i8000L - Omnia II
I tried all methods in this thread and all have failed in my case. It was working one minute and then when I checked a few minutes later it was gone.

The only thing that I was doing that was out of the ordinary was that I was making large transfers (3gb, maybe 1000 files) from the drive using USB mass storage, and I was tethering via USB at the same time. At one point the phone was accidentally disconnected without safely removing first. When I reconnected it to the PC, My storage was there, and I did a scandisk and no issue was found.

I then kept using the drive for another 1-2 hours and I connected/disconnected the usb several times also (always safely remove), and yet my store was still lost.

This issue seems to be very common. I wonder if Samsung has fixed the issue in newer manufactured phones. My phone was made in late 2009 (check under battery, should be a date there on the sticker like this YY.MM).

i8000L
Eboot: JI1
CSC: Bell default

milad ahmadi

milad ahmadi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II

I tried all methods in this thread and all have failed in my case. It was working one minute and then when I checked a few minutes later it was gone.

The only thing that I was doing that was out of the ordinary was that I was making large transfers (3gb, maybe 1000 files) from the drive using USB mass storage, and I was tethering via USB at the same time. At one point the phone was accidentally disconnected without safely removing first. When I reconnected it to the PC, My storage was there, and I did a scandisk and no issue was found.

I then kept using the drive for another 1-2 hours and I connected/disconnected the usb several times also (always safely remove), and yet my store was still lost.

This issue seems to be very common. I wonder if Samsung has fixed the issue in newer manufactured phones. My phone was made in late 2009 (check under battery, should be a date there on the sticker like this YY.MM).

hi

it's solved few month ago see this post :

http://www.modaco.co...tory/page/100/#

that cab can fix it...

bobhero

bobhero

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Devices:i8000L - Omnia II

hi

it's solved few month ago see this post :

http://www.modaco.co...tory/page/100/#

that cab can fix it...

wow, it works! I didn't even need to format after running cab, my PC recognized it and all my files are there!!

are you the creator of this? how did you figure out the problem? and how I can I prevent in the future?

I googled and the earliest record I cna find of this cab file is from here:
http://translate.goo...e...f&prmd=ivns

Anyways Thank you very much :D

Edited by bobhero, 13 January 2011 - 09:51 PM.

i8000L
Eboot: JI1
CSC: Bell default

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users