My Storage was Gone! And I Got it Back!!!

Guest marvmcsbest
I did the process above and still no memory acces, not even my sd card, so I installed a original rom in a mst format with octans and it installe completly, wich is a good sign, due too, this mst files need the my storage to install, now my omnia is setting up the lenguage, but I belive this is the good solution, INSTALL A ROM IN MST FORMAT WITH. Here are the link where I got the mst rom .

http://jojojo.taringa.net/posts/celulares/...2-GT-I8000.html

I have mst official from my country but it fails to makefat32...I think there is a problem in hardware...ouch! this is the second time that my storage disappeared..Hope there's other way to appear it again...

I have mst official from my country but it fails to makefat32...I think there is a problem in hardware...ouch! this is the second time that my storage disappeared..Hope there's other way to appear it again...

Hey, I'm having the same problem as you, marvmcsbest. My Storage came back for a few days and then disappeared again. The posted cab file doesn't work anymore. I've tried reflashing and installing the cab but when i run the NormalPatchUpdate.exe it says "no run time safemode terminate application". I've tried flashing it with mst rom but I get stuck at the "language setup" screen. The funny thing is my phone still recognizes the internal SD a bit. Sometimes, it asks me to format it and when I press ok, it doesn't work. I tried formating on the pc using mass storage but that doesn't work. I've tried formatting using the NueStorage Storage Manager but still doesn't work. It could be a hardware problem but I'll play around with it a bit more to see if I can get it back.

If you find anything, or if anyone can suggest something new, please let me know.

Phams0

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dinhductao
Hey, I'm having the same problem as you, marvmcsbest. My Storage came back for a few days and then disappeared again. The posted cab file doesn't work anymore. I've tried reflashing and installing the cab but when i run the NormalPatchUpdate.exe it says "no run time safemode terminate application". I've tried flashing it with mst rom but I get stuck at the "language setup" screen. The funny thing is my phone still recognizes the internal SD a bit. Sometimes, it asks me to format it and when I press ok, it doesn't work. I tried formating on the pc using mass storage but that doesn't work. I've tried formatting using the NueStorage Storage Manager but still doesn't work. It could be a hardware problem but I'll play around with it a bit more to see if I can get it back.

If you find anything, or if anyone can suggest something new, please let me know.

Phams0

I think it could be a hardware problem because I only installed the *.cab and run NormalPatchUpdate.exe in Temp\Movipatch folder, then Restart my device. Wow, my storage has already come back even all data still OK as before. So you should try one more time again before send it for Samsung Center. Goodluck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xunmaodan
I have a new problem. So after I installed the cab and soft-reset, now I can see my storage, but when I connect it to 2 different PCs I cannot format it, either with quick format or slow. Also i cannot copy any files to the drive, but I can read them. I ran scan disk, fast, and also slow method, and both find no problem...

EDIT:

I found more instructions here:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1510432

So after I ran the NormalPatchupdate, now my PC allows me to format the drive, but the partitions have been deleted, and there is only a single parition on the 16gb. Do I need to recreate the hidden 512mb partition that was there before?

hi just wanna ask, what do you mean when the partitions have deleted.. did you lose the 512 main storage?.. and are you now able to use your My storage?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest nemesis81

I had the same experience on a omnia qwerty, my storage....gone. I've tried everything on the forums but no luck.

However this worked for me. Maybe it serves someone else.

Gather the following tools

-Neustoragemanager

-PHM regedit

- Edit registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\ and change Value 'HideSettings' to '0' (now when you install neustoragemanager, it will be visible under start > settings > system.

- Format the DSK3 filesystem using storagemanager.

- reboot. (soft reboot should be enough)

- Make a connection to a computer which runs on linux and has gparted installed. when you build the connection, make sure you set the phone to mass storage rather than activesync.

- run gparted as root and select the proper partition. (mine was /dev/sdc, approx. 1,91GiB)

- select Device > create new partitiontable, you can leave the settings as is, and finish This step should complete in a reasonable amount of time.

- Now, choose Partition > new, select fat32 as filesystem, and leave the size settings. Now choose apply all operations and let it run for twenty minutes. For some reason, this step won't complete. At least not visible in Gparted. After 15 a 20 minutes I disconnected the phone and reboot..... Break out the champagne!!! My storage was back!

Let me know if it works for you. Good luck.

nueStorageManager_v1.1.cab

regedit.Mrln_ARM.cab

Edited by nemesis81

• 6 months later...
<br />hi<br /><br />it's solved few month ago see this post :<br /><br /><a href='http://www.modaco.com/content-page/298414/cabs-repository/page/100/#' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.modaco.com/content-page/298414/...tory/page/100/#</a><br /><br />that cab can fix it...<br />
Another successful recovery here. Thanks a lot! Already spent a few hours and said goodbye to my data. This has got to teach me to read threads to the end. Edited by cah51o

• 1 month later...

I own a B7610, and it has a internal 2gb (My Storage). I was curiously browsing the \Windows, and I accidentally tap a file (Don't remember what it is) and suddenly....

My Storage is gone!!!.... Nothing in the file explorer.... :mellow:

Checked memory settings and it just indicated that My Storage is 0.Mb and can't be reset/format...

Tried hard reset, flashed the phone, crossed my fingers etc. but all failed, My Storage was gone...

So I took a deep breath and refreshed my mind on all things WinMo, got some ideas and tried it,

And it worked!

So I'm sharing this with i8000 users for I read some were having problems with i8000 disappearing "My Storage"...hoping my method will work for them too...

So here it goes, but with this method, you will not able to retrieve the files in My Storage, 'cause it will be formatted....

1. Check if Samsung Settings Still recognize My Storage even if it tells 0mb and cannot be formatted.

2. Download NueStorage Storage Manager 1.1 http://www.samsung-omnia.org/third-party-s...tach;attach=794

3. Install to your device. You will find it inside Windows default Settings. Run NueStorage.

4. In the drop down option, find your "missing" My Storage (look for the size either 2gb for B7610, 8-16gb for i8000) usually it is named DSK3:MMC Card. If you found your "My Storage" in the list, the problem is not hardware related. Choose it.

5. Now under Partitions, tap Properties

6. Partition Properties will open. Try to choose "Mount". If it is successful, soft reset and check if you got your My Storage back. If not, continue reading...

7. Close Partition Properties. Then under Filesystem, choose DSK3:MMC Card( or whatever name your 8gb-16gb gives) and tap Format.

8. It must successfully format the storage. If not, try again.

9. Do a hard reset or Flash a ROM....

10. Turn on device,finish device Set up and don't skip anything. Wait for a pop message telling if you want to format your storage card (which is actually My Storage) to make it usable or something like that. Click yes and wait for format to finish.

(If you waited long enough and there is no such message, continue with the guide)

11. Go to USB connection and set connection to Mass Storage, choosing My Storage as the mass storage device. Click ok.

12. Connect your device to your PC (via usb). If all goes well, the PC will recognize My Storage (as mass storage), but it will ask you to format it, Click Yes and Format.

13. After successfully formatting My storage via PC, safely disconnect it from the computer. Check your device if My Storage is back....and celebrate <_<

As far as I can remember, these are the steps I have done to get back "My Storage"... Hope that the above will work on those who have the problem too..

Fell free to ask questions or comments upon my guide... GOODLUCK :(

IMPORTANT NOTE

If nue storage doesn't show your missing "my storage", then there is a high possibility that the problem is hardware related. If that's the case the only solution is bring the phone to a service center for repairs.

thank you very much.... my "my store" is back.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest ahmedsalah

I have the same problem with my omnia i900. I tried the steps above but when i press NormalPatchUpdate.exe nothing happens.

Has any one tried to fix this problem for i900

• 10 months later...
Guest boghi8462

You might (rightfully) say that I'm noob around here. I just recently got my hands on a Omnia II that has a firmware problem with it's camera.

Long story short, the power of google brought me here, and during a moment of inattention, I failed to check if I was formatting the sd card or the internal storage. So I formatted the internal storage. I searched high and low and I can't find how I should format it back.

In file explorer in Windows Mobile 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.21895 I can't access it any more and in Settings / Memory Settings / My Storage it shows up as 0.00MB, where it should be almost 8 GB.

I understand that there should be 2 partitions in My storage, but what kind? Primary or Logical? FAT32 or something else? Any size requirements?

Please help!

OT: On a side note, if you want to switch from WM to Android do you need to flash the ROM? Neither argentinos, nor frenkie9999999 do not list it along the steps for installing their ROMs, so I have to ask if it's one of the things you all find so logical that it doesn't need mentioning, or not.