T*OMNIA2's very smooth mainmenu It's like IPhone!! (attached mainmenu.exe file)

Guest Omega Ra
this was a team effortt from vagus and me and not forgetting kgp700 for providing the source.

can you guys alter the lockscreen exe and lockres.dll so that the icons look nicer and the characters display properly and touchplayer will work right? I tried messing around in visual studio pro 2008 but I have no idea what I am doing. I just got the software for free from school...

Guest jackyaway
So you'll like modified version by me attached to that message

it is de-signed, resource edited to show "Settings" instead of "store" and patched to load "settingmain.exe" instead of "mysmart.exe"

no need to copy rename

You must give permission only once, because it is an unsigned application (signed applications cannot be changed even one byte).

How did you edited mainmenu.exe to show Settings? Thanks

Guest ular_king
Hi,

Can you teach us how to change the store to setting and add the icon?

Initially i was just curious to find out where the buttons links to, so i open up the binary with notepad and went thru the pages to find the pattern and i found out it points to mysmart.exe. As for changing the binary to point to mainmenu.exe, u have to ask Vagus to answer.......i have no idea how he did it..... :-)

As for editing the icons...i am using PE Explorer to edit the graphics......hope it helps.......

Guest lambi1982

I have been testing the camera app from the korean m715 Omnia and it has more options than our i920.

the 4 extra resolutions (FOR THE CAMERA, AND NOT VIDEO RESOLUTIONS) are:

W4M-2560x1536

WVGA-800x480

HD4M-2560x1440

HD2M-1920x1080

at this point I can only get the Video portion working (which has WAY!! WAY!! better sound than the i920 video recorder) when selecting these new resolution on the i920 the screen

(camera image) freezes. I can still switch to other modes though.

I will post a sample of the video from the Korean ROM Camera app.

Are these available on the i8000???

*****NOTE***** DO NOT REPLACE CAMERA IN /WINDOWS FOLDER******

RUN THE ATTACHED FILE FROM "MY STORAGE"*******

Camera.rar

Guest 206bw
I have been testing the camera app from the korean m715 Omnia and it has more options than our i920.

the 4 extra resolutions (FOR THE CAMERA, AND NOT VIDEO RESOLUTIONS) are:

W4M-2560x1536

WVGA-800x480

HD4M-2560x1440

HD2M-1920x1080

at this point I can only get the Video portion working (which has WAY!! WAY!! better sound than the i920 video recorder) when selecting these new resolution on the i920 the screen

(camera image) freezes. I can still switch to other modes though.

I will post a sample of the video from the Korean ROM Camera app.

Are these available on the i8000???

*****NOTE***** DO NOT REPLACE CAMERA IN /WINDOWS FOLDER******

RUN THE ATTACHED FILE FROM "MY STORAGE"*******

My i8000 has W4M and WVGA, but not the HD4M and HD2M

Guest lambi1982
My i8000 has W4M and WVGA, but not the HD4M and HD2M

The Verizon Versions are always shafted <_< :mellow: :(

What about the video recording?? the sound from the Korean Camera app is really clear, it is Mpeg4 AAC 24kHz and video running at 29.485 FPS

Attached is a video sample recording my TV, volume is low on this one though.(it was late)

SNC01831.mp4

Guest Omega Ra

can anyone who did not use the lockscreem post up a copy of your lockres.dll please?? I would like to compare and also an original lockscreen.exe (both from i920 please)

Guest 206bw
The Verizon Versions are always shafted <_< :mellow: :(

What about the video recording?? the sound from the Korean Camera app is really clear, it is Mpeg4 AAC 24kHz and video running at 29.485 FPS

Attached is a video sample recording my TV, volume is low on this one though.(it was late)

video:

720x480

640x480

320x240

176x144

I'm not too sure how the quality is, as I have yet to use it

Guest lambi1982
The i8000 has 6 resolutions by default....

post-502784-1268334450_thumb.png

Which ROM are you running???

============================================

Do the i920/i8000 and T*Omnia 2 have the same camera module???

Attached is the i920 camera Firmware, nice to check to i8000 camera firmware

RS_M4MO_Dump.rar

Edited by lambi1982

Guest dgmorland

This thread is meant to be about the MainMenu application from T*Omnia. There are a lot of postings being added about lockscreens and camera apps from T*Omnia. It would be much easier for forum users to find relevant information if the content of the thread was restricted to what the thread title says. How about starting new separate threads for T*Omnia camera app and T*Omnia Lockscreen and leaving this one for the T*Omnia MainMenu.

Guest contable
This thread is meant to be about the MainMenu application from T*Omnia. There are a lot of postings being added about lockscreens and camera apps from T*Omnia. It would be much easier for forum users to find relevant information if the content of the thread was restricted to what the thread title says. How about starting new separate threads for T*Omnia camera app and T*Omnia Lockscreen and leaving this one for the T*Omnia MainMenu.

Yep, you are right. We´re drifting away. Somebody should start a new thread for other apps than the mainmenu and here we should discuss only about the mainmenu...

Guest contable
Which ROM are you running???

============================================

Do the i920/i8000 and T*Omnia 2 have the same camera module???

Attached is the i920 camera Firmware, nice to check to i8000 camera firmware

Please open a new thread specially for the camera firmware. BTW I´m using 23090IA5 from Dr. Khuanchai...