73 replies to this topic

paulchoy

paulchoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

hold f8 just at beginning of boot up b4 any logo show :P

:( :(

Doesn't work, but anyway, it DOES actually say that stuff about windows test mode version 7600 or whatever in the lower left, i didn't notice it at first, so that being said i shouldn't have to hold F8 at boot, right? What could be the problem with it octans not doing anything after the detect button is hit? Any ideas?

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Interests:Flashing
  • Devices:DROIDX
  • Twitter:@kdkinc

Doesn't work, but anyway, it DOES actually say that stuff about windows test mode version 7600 or whatever in the lower left, i didn't notice it at first, so that being said i shouldn't have to hold F8 at boot, right? What could be the problem with it octans not doing anything after the detect button is hit? Any ideas?

You only have to f8 while adding the correct drivers for you PC.
After that just flash using Octans no more driver or f8 stuff...thank God it was a pain I thought

:P :(

paulchoy

paulchoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

You only have to f8 while adding the correct drivers for you PC.
After that just flash using Octans no more driver or f8 stuff...thank God it was a pain I thought

ok so I got all the driver stuff working. What could be the problem with octans not doing anything after detect, does this take a long time? I hit detect and then plug the powered off phone into the USB port and nothing happens. It just sits there and charges. Am I missing a step?

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

ok so I got all the driver stuff working. What could be the problem with octans not doing anything after detect, does this take a long time? I hit detect and then plug the powered off phone into the USB port and nothing happens. It just sits there and charges. Am I missing a step?

your using Octans 2.14 full version not the mini correct?
your opening the rar file and extracting into a folder/
your opening octans and clicking on PDA
search for the folder you saver rar file in check on nbo file...
check boxes skip over waiting....check box start download...
then click detect of course your phone is off but connected with usb cable.

paulchoy

paulchoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

your using Octans 2.14 full version not the mini correct?
your opening the rar file and extracting into a folder/
your opening octans and clicking on PDA
search for the folder you saver rar file in check on nbo file...
check boxes skip over waiting....check box start download...
then click detect of course your phone is off but connected with usb cable.

Yup, octans 2.14 full, everything that came in a rar has been extracted. Is the nb0 file the only thing i need to plug into octans? aside from the check boxes, i mean i installed the samsung CDMA modem 4-1-.34 I got the driver running unsigned from 2003 (on the properties) I guess the only thing left is to try a different rom...? I'm trying AMD zero 23518 v2

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Yup, octans 2.14 full, everything that came in a rar has been extracted. Is the nb0 file the only thing i need to plug into octans? aside from the check boxes, i mean i installed the samsung CDMA modem 4-1-.34 I got the driver running unsigned from 2003 (on the properties) I guess the only thing left is to try a different rom...? I'm trying AMD zero 23518 v2

nbo & go..

amdzero will be coming out with a new rom soon

paulchoy

paulchoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

nbo & go..

amdzero will be coming out with a new rom soon

I have to be doing something wrong, and the only thing i can think of is that stupid part about pressing F8 to allow unsigned drivers, I guess i'll just have to try an XP machine

paulchoy

paulchoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I have to be doing something wrong, and the only thing i can think of is that stupid part about pressing F8 to allow unsigned drivers, I guess i'll just have to try an XP machine

got it all figured out, sometimes i guess you just gotta dig deep within lol. Appreciate all the help everyone has given~! Running one of Yardi's ROM's and it's working phenominally~! :P

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

got it all figured out, sometimes i guess you just gotta dig deep within lol. Appreciate all the help everyone has given~! Running one of Yardi's ROM's and it's working phenominally~! :P

would please tell us of the mistake you were making so that it may help others :( :(
oh by the way Congratulations!!!!

B) ;)

Edited by kdkinc, 31 March 2010 - 12:36 AM.

emvious

emvious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Running Vista (not vista 7) on my PC and trying to flash to Ninja's rom.

I'm able to load the version 5 samsung driver on my machine. However, i don't have the option to select "XP SP 3" for the Octans' Loaded compatibility mode. I only had "XP SP 2"

so i went with SP2. Started up Octans, loaded Ninja's rom using the PDA button, checked the boxes "Skip over waiting for booting completely" and "Start downloading Immediately", clicked detect, and connected my phone to USB while it was powered off.

The Octan showed it was loading but it would stop at 3%. I tried a second time and it stopped at 9%. Tried a third time and octans stopped at 6%.

Anybody have anybody why this is happening? Is this problem happening because I'm running Octans in "XP SP2" mode instead of "XP SP3"?

Attached Files

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

I'm able to load the version 5 samsung driver on my machine. However, i don't have the option to select "XP SP 3" for the Octans' Loaded compatibility mode. I only had "XP SP 2"

so i went with SP2. Started up Octans, loaded Ninja's rom using the PDA button, checked the boxes "Skip over waiting for booting completely" and "Start downloading Immediately", clicked detect, and connected my phone to USB while it was powered off.

The Octan showed it was loading but it would stop at 3%. I tried a second time and it stopped at 9%. Tried a third time and octans stopped at 6%.

Anybody have anybody why this is happening? Is this problem happening because I'm running Octans in "XP SP2" mode instead of "XP SP3"?

THis a guide for a GSM network phone there are some similarities that may help you. I wish I had more to offer but I've never run a Vista machine :P

for GSM phone

http://www.modaco.co...windows-7-only/

:( :(

emvious

emvious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I'm able to get past my problem. I was able to flash using another PC. The PC i was using the first time around is known to lose the USB connection.

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

I'm able to get past my problem. I was able to flash using another PC. The PC i was using the first time around is known to lose the USB connection.

yeah That could be an issue :P :(

Glad you got it Happy Flashing :( B)

;) :o

das7771

das7771

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:VZW GS3, Nexus 7, TF300t
It should also be noted, that for all that are having problems with octans not conecting to your phone. If you are sure that you have done all steps right and octans will still not flash your phone. Leave Octans in detect mode and unplug/plug your phone's usb cable a couple of times. Make sure that the battery icon goes away before you plug your phone back in. i flash my phone at least once a day some time 10 times in a day. At least once or twice a day if I am doing a lot of flashing octans will not detect my phone properly. All I have to do is unplug and plug the cable back in a couple of times and it will detect it eventually. I am using WIN 7 x64 and it is very common for me to have to do this in order for me to flash my phone.

I Don't Trust Anyone Who Doesn't Eat Meat!!

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i920

Ok
I think know what you want are the drivers I used .
I have Win 7 on my PC I used Win 7 32 bit drivers .

;) ;)

hi. im having a hard time trying to flash my phone. i have windows 7 32 bit. where can i get the drivers for it?

Edit: never mind i found it! thanks for this guide i flashed my phone perfectly!

Edited by the sandman, 12 April 2010 - 06:13 AM.

Samsung Omnia II i920

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

hi. im having a hard time trying to flash my phone. i have windows 7 32 bit. where can i get the drivers for it?

Edit: never mind i found it! thanks for this guide i flashed my phone perfectly!

Glad to hear I could help ;) ;)

;) :P

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
"Bump"

for the new folks

:) ;)

jjdavola

jjdavola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Is this the best flashing guide out there for the SCH-i920 from Verizon? FYI I'm a MAJOR n00b when it comes to flashing ROMs, so I need my hand held a little. :)

But before I even consider flashing, my Omnia II was purchased by my firm, so I have to give it back to them in a year or so. Will I still be able to connect to my firm's network with ActiveSync and use the phone without our IT people finding out about this? Also will it simply be as easy as reflashing the original stock ROM to the phone before I would need to turn it in?

Finally, what's the best, most stable and lightest ROM out there?

Thank you!

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Is this the best flashing guide out there for the SCH-i920 from Verizon? FYI I'm a MAJOR n00b when it comes to flashing ROMs, so I need my hand held a little. :)

But before I even consider flashing, my Omnia II was purchased by my firm, so I have to give it back to them in a year or so. Will I still be able to connect to my firm's network with ActiveSync and use the phone without our IT people finding out about this? Also will it simply be as easy as reflashing the original stock ROM to the phone before I would need to turn it in?

Finally, what's the best, most stable and lightest ROM out there?

Thank you!

AMDZero & Ninja both have nice "basic " roms.

Sorry if the "guide: doesn't read like a novel its mostly clip and paste I ain't no writer :) BUT the info is there,

As far as your IT people depends when they look at it as of now we can always go back to the DC23 rom by samsung by Flashing .
after you flash a few times its a no brainer...even I did it!!
I don't connect to a company network but I don't believe its a big issue but hopefully someone more qualified will answer that point.

Hope I helped a bit

:) :)

jjdavola

jjdavola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

AMDZero & Ninja both have nice "basic " roms.

Sorry if the "guide: doesn't read like a novel its mostly clip and paste I ain't no writer :) BUT the info is there,

As far as your IT people depends when they look at it as of now we can always go back to the DC23 rom by samsung by Flashing .
after you flash a few times its a no brainer...even I did it!!
I don't connect to a company network but I don't believe its a big issue but hopefully someone more qualified will answer that point.

Hope I helped a bit

:) :P

Thanks! It's just a little difficult to follow for a n00b since I have Windows 7 Ultimate - 32 bit. If I had XP, I'd probably be flashed by now. :)

BTW what do you mean by it depends on when IT looks at it? I don't think they would even realize what I did to the phone if they had my phone in their hands, but I just didn't know if flashing it would somehow set off a red flag on the network for some reason since security is critical. FYI my IT still hasn't approved Androids and only approved iPhones last September.

Are you saying once I would turn in my phone I would just simply have to flash THIS to my phone and I'd be back to the stock ROM? If so, that would be sweet. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users