kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Interests:Flashing
  • Devices:DROIDX
  • Twitter:@kdkinc

Thanks! It's just a little difficult to follow for a n00b since I have Windows 7 Ultimate - 32 bit. If I had XP, I'd probably be flashed by now. :)

BTW what do you mean by it depends on when IT looks at it? I don't think they would even realize what I did to the phone if they had my phone in their hands, but I just didn't know if flashing it would somehow set off a red flag on the network for some reason since security is critical. FYI my IT still hasn't approved Androids and only approved iPhones last September.

Are you saying once I would turn in my phone I would just simply have to flash THIS to my phone and I'd be back to the stock ROM? If so, that would be sweet. :)

"Are you saying once I would turn in my phone I would just simply have to flash THIS to my phone and I'd be back to the stock ROM? If so, that would be sweet. smile.gif

there is a .rar version that you can use, Once you flash DC23 from Samsung you can't use their flash again. The .rar version will do it.

I've never had IT people to deal with so that's why the cautionary tone.

The hardest part of flashing is the MIT drivers, timing is everything . Thankfully you only have to do it once.

:) :)

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Hi guys,

You can now flash your O2 ROM using x64 Windows 7.

Procedure
1. Press F8 before windows boot (after bios).
2. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and boot up windows.
3. Connect ur phone to ur PC / laptop (Phone must be off).
4. The driver Samsung MITs USB sync will be installed.
5. Open Device Manager, double-click on Samsung MITs USB sync and re-install with driver provided below.
6. Choose Update Driver->Browse my computer for driver software->Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer->Click on Have Disk and browse to the driver folder and install. (If prompted driver unsigned, ignore and click ok. Driver is dated 2003).
7. Then right-click on Octans Downloader->Compatibility, select "Windows XP (SP3)" and check "Run as Administrator".
8. Flash as per normal... tongue.gif

Note*: You will need to re-install the driver everytime if it is not the correct version after a reboot.

I have tested and flashed it numerous times without any issue.
Do not try on vista as I'm not sure.

Attached File ( 49.31K ) Number of downloads: 3012

NOTE .i8000_x64.rar post 1.

Edited by kdkinc, 10 June 2010 - 11:44 PM.

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
"bump"
for the new folks
;) :(

titian40

titian40

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:i920
Thanks guys this worked out great. Great group of people here. Flashed my first ROM today what a great upgrade.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx
if octansgivesyou an issue on detection afteryou hit detect just remove and reinsertyour usb cord untilit detects

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

if octansgivesyou an issue on detection afteryou hit detect just remove and reinsertyour usb cord untilit detects

Great tip

Thanks

:) :D

norm883

norm883

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA i910
As an FYI I could not do without clicking a Tic on Erase NV PDA.
Until then I was frozen and screen locked on Downlod then when I removed, had to remove battery and then it was locked on a screen of a picture of a phone to pc.
Did all you said X 3 then resorted to trying other options that worked and progressed smoothly.

Thanks for you post to get me started,

Norm883

Edited by norm883, 17 July 2010 - 04:15 AM.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx

Great tip

Thanks

:angry: :D

An even better tip is after you hit detect, take the battery out, put it back in, close the cover and plug usb in, works everytime with vista. octans takes right off.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

LordSith

LordSith

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i920, i910
  • Twitter:@LordSith77
I'm still having trouble getting my Win7 Ult 32 to recognize my phone. I have flashed it by using an XP machine, but now when I try to plug it back into my main PC (running the Win7) I get "Unrecognized Device"

This is after trying to update the drivers to the ones posted on the first page of this thread. I tried re-installing the drivers off the CD that came with my phone, but it told me the best drivers were already installed.

I can still flash with the XP machine (built a crappy system just for flashing) but want to sync with this computer.

Any idea's?

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

I'm still having trouble getting my Win7 Ult 32 to recognize my phone. I have flashed it by using an XP machine, but now when I try to plug it back into my main PC (running the Win7) I get "Unrecognized Device"

This is after trying to update the drivers to the ones posted on the first page of this thread. I tried re-installing the drivers off the CD that came with my phone, but it told me the best drivers were already installed.

I can still flash with the XP machine (built a crappy system just for flashing) but want to sync with this computer.

Any idea's?

Windows 7 can flash the i920, infact I have 64-bit win7 installed for my main computer.

What you need to do is forget the drivers that came with the CD, those won't get you flashing with octans. Open up device manager and connect the phone while it is off. you should see a small icon show up with a yellow yield sign because it is unrecognized.

right click, update drivers software
don't select a pre-listed driver, go through the steps to find your own driver, something like browse my computer for driver software, until you get to Have Disk.

If you aren't fast enough (I'm usually not) then the computer will make the usb disconnect sound (thats okay just keep going)
Find the actual file found on page one of this thread for your windows version, and select the "file" that for it.

before you click next, make sure you plug the phone back in, so that it re-unrecognizes (is that a word?) it.
if it asks, click yes to install unsigned driver. You may or may not have to reboot the computer, as the driver may get "stuck" in memory.

In theory you only have to do this once, but when my laptop goes into stand-by mode, sometimes it drops the usb unsigned driver and tries to install the signed driver from microsoft. I think because I'm using win 7 64-bit, the driver signing is more stringent.

Let me know how it works out.

LordSith

LordSith

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Windows 7 can flash the i920, infact I have 64-bit win7 installed for my main computer.

What you need to do is forget the drivers that came with the CD, those won't get you flashing with octans. Open up device manager and connect the phone while it is off. you should see a small icon show up with a yellow yield sign because it is unrecognized.

right click, update drivers software
don't select a pre-listed driver, go through the steps to find your own driver, something like browse my computer for driver software, until you get to Have Disk.

If you aren't fast enough (I'm usually not) then the computer will make the usb disconnect sound (thats okay just keep going)
Find the actual file found on page one of this thread for your windows version, and select the "file" that for it.

before you click next, make sure you plug the phone back in, so that it re-unrecognizes (is that a word?) it.
if it asks, click yes to install unsigned driver. You may or may not have to reboot the computer, as the driver may get "stuck" in memory.

In theory you only have to do this once, but when my laptop goes into stand-by mode, sometimes it drops the usb unsigned driver and tries to install the signed driver from microsoft. I think because I'm using win 7 64-bit, the driver signing is more stringent.

Let me know how it works out.

Still a no go. After pointing to the drivers I downloaded from page 1, Windows still tells me the best drivers are already installed, yet I still can't connect my phone. Oh well, I still have the XP machine I built for the flashing set up. I guess I'll just sync to that, and copy the files I want through the network to this computer. Thanks for all the help.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Still a no go. After pointing to the drivers I downloaded from page 1, Windows still tells me the best drivers are already installed, yet I still can't connect my phone. Oh well, I still have the XP machine I built for the flashing set up. I guess I'll just sync to that, and copy the files I want through the network to this computer. Thanks for all the help.

you have to "force" windows to accept the drivers, as they are unsigned. make sure you get to the point where you can select "Have Disk..."

LordSith

LordSith

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

you have to "force" windows to accept the drivers, as they are unsigned. make sure you get to the point where you can select "Have Disk..."

I followed your directions (again) and now my phone is connecting to this PC again. Weird, I didn't do anything different than the other 6 times I tried it. LOL

But at least now I can drag and drop pics and such over to my phone again. Thanks a mil AMD. :-)

ginola

ginola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Can anyone assist. i have been trying to program sch-1920 omnia II to my network but i can't get around it.i.e load prl,write mnc,mcc e.t.c this is the step i followed
1. i disabled digital driver signing in Windows7 with the following command
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
2. rebooted the pc and also implemented DISABLE device driver on
boot up
3. went to device manager, connect the phone and saw mobile device-samsung MITs USB sync
4. right-clicked went to property, update driver
5. selected the update file(WceRndis)
6. removed the cable and plugged it back and clicked next and the update was successful
7. the date of the updated device is 5/31/2007- 6.1.6965.0
but still i cannot find the com port in device manager.
is there anything am not doing right? or the driver i have is not good. could anyonoe update me please.
thanks in advance.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Can anyone assist. i have been trying to program sch-1920 omnia II to my network but i can't get around it.i.e load prl,write mnc,mcc e.t.c this is the step i followed
1. i disabled digital driver signing in Windows7 with the following command
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
2. rebooted the pc and also implemented DISABLE device driver on
boot up
3. went to device manager, connect the phone and saw mobile device-samsung MITs USB sync
4. right-clicked went to property, update driver
5. selected the update file(WceRndis)
6. removed the cable and plugged it back and clicked next and the update was successful
7. the date of the updated device is 5/31/2007- 6.1.6965.0
but still i cannot find the com port in device manager.
is there anything am not doing right? or the driver i have is not good. could anyonoe update me please.
thanks in advance.

you won't get a "com port" in device manager.

It will be listed under Mobile Devices see picture:
Attached File  dev_man.png   67.25KB   6 downloads

ginola

ginola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

you won't get a "com port" in device manager.

It will be listed under Mobile Devices see picture:
Attached File  dev_man.png   67.25KB   6 downloads

in my own, it comes up and go out in 5 sec. i have tried all the drivers listed but still the same output. can i use cdmaworkshop 3.5 for the programming?

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

in my own, it comes up and go out in 5 sec. i have tried all the drivers listed but still the same output. can i use cdmaworkshop 3.5 for the programming?

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here. I don't know what cdmaworkshop is, but why are you trying to "program" something? I mean what is "load prl,write mnc,mcc e.t.c "

Are you trying to flash a custom rom, or trying to program an app for your phone?

ginola

ginola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here. I don't know what cdmaworkshop is, but why are you trying to "program" something? I mean what is "load prl,write mnc,mcc e.t.c "

Are you trying to flash a custom rom, or trying to program an app for your phone?

can you give me the program to instal the active sync. mine goes out after 3 sec.
thanks in advance

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

can you give me the program to instal the active sync. mine goes out after 3 sec.
thanks in advance

what do you mean instal the active sync? What version of windows are you using? I thought it was windows 7?

Windows 7 doesn't use activesync, it uses Windows Mobile Device Center.

.hack_infection

.hack_infection

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920
Hey guys,
I'm about to get my own computer for school, and I would love to flash my i920, however, there is a problem. My computer will have neither xp or win7, it'll have vista. I've read every post and this thread and there is almost nothing on vista. And from what I can figure out, Octans is much more complex than flashing my old i910. Now that was easy. If anyone could tell me more about flashing with vista, that would be fantastic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users